Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #209
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I deleted everything and found the pre-patch running game to be pretty decent. They nerfed something in the patch.

Todd on the boards says he can't replicate the problems people are having. I think some "0" got turned into a "1" some where along the lines making the running game broken.
I agree Jrod, pre-patch I could average 60 to 100+ a game on the ground. The run game felt good pre-patch. The only issue was getting knocked to the turf to easy by teammates. But I am not sure what they changed blocking logic wise post patch to cause these issues.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #210
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I agree Jrod, pre-patch I could average 60 to 100+ a game on the ground. The run game felt good pre-patch. The only issue was getting knocked to the turf to easy by teammates. But I am not sure what they changed blocking logic wise post patch to cause these issues.
Exactly.

tombsong, I don't know if you are familiar with my posts, but pre-patch I was a running champ! I'm really quite good at running the ball in this game and I'm great at getting extra yards especially to the outside. BUT they nerfed the run game since the patch somehow. I was getting over 100 yards a game on hard pre-patch, and now I'm getting about 40-50 on medium a game.

They also made us have to try and manually get out of stumble which I don't like because it just makes it even harder to have success than it already is.

The friendly fire thing is strange, because it's still an issue up the middle, but even more so outside. If I juke into my own player I explode and I don't remember that happening so much before.

SOMETHING happened along the line that the patch messed with the run game. It's disappointing the developer is denying it or not noticing it because that ensured it won't get 'fixed'. I'd be ecstatic with the pre-patch run game and post patch most everything else. As it stands I'm really enjoying the game, but constantly reminded how I'm missing out in the run game.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #211
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Picked it up yesterday, had some fun games. You guys weren't kidding thought when you said online was dead. I thought there'd at least be some people hanging out in a lobby, but alas, no lobbies. If anyone wants a game, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #212
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Picked it up yesterday, had some fun games. You guys weren't kidding thought when you said online was dead. I thought there'd at least be some people hanging out in a lobby, but alas, no lobbies. If anyone wants a game, let me know.
Lets play a game this weekend bud
Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #213
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds good! I'll look for you, or let me know if there's a time that works for you.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #214
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Sounds good! I'll look for you, or let me know if there's a time that works for you.
I will hit you up tomorrow..
Old 08-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 5

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=9951

I'm going to continue to test it, but it seems to me that plays that have the worst run blocking issues are typically plays that a lineman has to pull. Plays w/o a pull seem to work much more consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #216
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=9951

I'm going to continue to test it, but it seems to me that plays that have the worst run blocking issues are typically plays that a lineman has to pull. Plays w/o a pull seem to work much more consistently.
Thanks for the heads up bud

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »