Home

Backbreaker:Vengeance (Video)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker:Vengeance (Video) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker:Vengeance (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Such a horrible move in my opinion for Natural Motion. Should of stuck to the grind and made the game more like real football. They could of really made something special with the extra year + of tweaking the first BB.

I really think going this over the top arcade route will not get them any extra sales.
I think it's actually a good business move by NM. Tackle Alley sold very good on iPhone and Android and was praised in the Backbreaker rendition. This will help them get funding for more future projects.

It will also help the BB team tweak the engine for future installments including BB2.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL2102
I think it's actually a good business move by NM. Tackle Alley sold very good on iPhone and Android and was praised in the Backbreaker rendition. This will help them get funding for more future projects.

It will also help the BB team tweak the engine for future installments including BB2.
Well that is a no brainer why it sold well on Iphones and Androids. It is a quick pick up and play game that takes several mins. The on the go gaming industry yea the tackle alley direction is a great little game.

But for a CONSOLE release where people are picking up a controller after work or school and looking to sit down for 30 min to a hour. They are going to look for a game that offers little more substance in my opinion. Why would I pick up and play a 10 min game of tackle alley when I can pop in my franchise of Madden 12, NCAA 12, or NBA2k11??

Granted this is my own opinion of course. But I just see console gamers wanting a little deeper experience on their consoles and quicker gameplay on "on the go" devices. So that is why I feel it is a bad move.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Well that is a no brainer why it sold well on Iphones and Androids. It is a quick pick up and play game that takes several mins. The on the go gaming industry yea the tackle alley direction is a great little game.

But for a CONSOLE release where people are picking up a controller after work or school and looking to sit down for 30 min to a hour. They are going to look for a game that offers little more substance in my opinion. Why would I pick up and play a 10 min game of tackle alley when I can pop in my franchise of Madden 12, NCAA 12, or NBA2k11??

Granted this is my own opinion of course. But I just see console gamers wanting a little deeper experience on their consoles and quicker gameplay on "on the go" devices. So that is why I feel it is a bad move.
There is a market for both. That's why the PS3 and Xbox arcade markets are so big. Heck if Angry Birds can sell well on the Mac and PS3, surely tackle alley will do well on a console. Many people enjoy quick 5 - 10 minute game sessions on consoles.
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I'm pretty sure this is just a XBLA game, not a full retail release.

I have no doubt Backbreaker 2 will be coming eventually, but for now, this is just an arcade game to tide BB fans over.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

There is a very large market out there though, that do just play quick arcade games. I know from time to time I'll have weeks where I'll just play Uno and other arcade titles, then I have my weeks where I sit there and grind through 4 seasons of NCAA.

I'm sure this will have great success on the arcade marketplace and will easily help fund Backbreaker 2, which I think will still go the original route of being a true gridiron experience. Now, if Backbreaker 2 has the sliding and other arcade elements, then I will greatly disappointed in Natural Motions, but I don't think they'd do that.

― Plato
Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I'm pretty sure this is just a XBLA game, not a full retail release.

I have no doubt Backbreaker 2 will be coming eventually, but for now, this is just an arcade game to tide BB fans over.
QFT. This is just an XBLA game that allows them to attract more gamers and get better brand recognition.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #15
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Looks like they have tweaked the engine some to rid a little bit of the ridiculous rag doll type behavior after contact.
They have stated before that the engine was very new when BB was finally released. They said their knowledge of how to make things happen in the engine has grown tremendously since BB.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »