Home

BryantLee Presents: Ending the Drought: A 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

This is a discussion on BryantLee Presents: Ending the Drought: A 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Will you follow this dynasty?
Yes 14 33.33%
No 6 14.29%
Only if it is updated... 13 30.95%
No because its the Cubs... 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: BryantLee Presents: Ending the Drought: A 2009 Chicago Cubs Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Excellent presentation, I wish these were used in real life
Thank you! Im glad people are enjoying it so far.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

I will definitely follow this one. Its always interesting hearing about the cubs and this may be the best franchise I have seen for mlb 09 the show the way it shows how good the graphics and realistic the game is.

DieHardYankee26
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll definitely be following this one, the presentation is beyond creative and original.
Its been excellent so far, keep up the good work.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Deutscher's Arena

OVR: 4

Great Work!!

How do you make the layouts and charts?!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #21
Banned

LILLY, CUBS LEFT SEEING STARS
Cubs bullpen can't close in series finale.

CHICAGO, ILL - It has been the staple of the Cubs pitching staff for the first month and half of the season. More so for starter Ted Lilly. Location. And the Cubs struggled with it on Sunday.
From the first hitter, Lilly struggled with locating his pitches, especially his fastball. Lilly acknowledged his struggles,"Normally my fastball, is the pitch I know I can locate for strikes when I need one, and I just didn't do that today. It's frustrating. When you're down in the count all day to the type of hitters the Astros have, it's tough to succeed." But even when he struggled, Lilly did what he has been doing so far this year and kept the Cubs into the game. After giving up four runs and scattering seven hits over 6 1/3, the Cubs found themselves tied at four when David Patton relieved Lilly with one out in the 7th. Piniella has a growing confidence in him and wanted to put him in in a "pressure sitution."
"Since we brought him (Patton) up from AAA ball, he has been doing a great job for us. Throwing strikes ,keeping the ball down and getting hitters out. You can't ask for much for, and with the stuff he has, this kid has a promising future." Piniella later compared him to a young Kerry Wood, "This kid has devistating stuff, it's like watching Kerry Wood in his healthy years as a starter. This kid is that good and it's going to be interesting to see how he progresses through the season."
If Piniella made one mistake, it was taking Patton out in the ninth. After breezing through the 8th inning on four pitches, Piniella chose to go to Gregg for the hold in the 9th. He walked the first batter he faced and got down 2-0 to catcher Humberto Quintero. "He didn't throw strikes, plain and simple, we talk about these things all the time. You aren't going to win ball games if you are continuously working behind in the count, plain and simple."
Humberto then reach safely on a base hit to left. The next batter, pinch hitter Aaron Boone fanned on three straight pitches and Gregg proceded to retire Matsui on a hard hit liner to center. Piniella then made the slow walk to the mound to bring in Marmol to get the final out. "When I looked at the numbers it was a smart baseball move, Tejada doesn't have a hit off of Marmol and I have enough confidence in that kid to put him in in any situation. This is one time it cost us."
Tejada then continued where he left off last game, hitting a three-run bomb to left center to give the Astros the lead. Marmol then retired Carlos Lee to end the inning.
Ramirez tried to spark a rally by hitting a HR off the first pitch from closer Jose Valverde but it was to no avail as Valverde shut the door and earned his 10th save of the season.

BOX SCORE:

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutscher
Great Work!!

How do you make the layouts and charts?!
Thank You!!!
I use photoshop for all my editing.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #23
Banned

BREAKING NEWS:

CUBS TRADE FOR MARLINS SLUGGER DAN UGGLA:
Fontenot and two top prospects a part of the trade.

CUBS GET:

2B - Dan Uggla
.299 AVG, 6 HR , 27 RBIs
&
SP Jesus Delgado

MARLINS GET:

2B - Mike Fontenot
.190 BA , 2 HR, 12 RBIs

OF Leonard Pedersen
&
RP Luther Hornsby

LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE:

CHICAGO, ILL - The newest member of the Chicago Cubs, Dan Uggla is now addressing the media after being introduced to reporters and the Cubs faithful. Jim Hendry took questions before Uggla took the podium. He was asked if he thought the trade was fair.
"I believe both teams got what they wanted, we were looking for another offensive force, and they were looking for some talented young prospects and to cut payroll. We both got what we were looking for. Mike Fontenot is a good young player, I just don't think the pressure of playing in Chicago was best for him. All the best of luck to him but now we welcome in Dan (Uggla) and we move forward."
Skipper Lou Piniella had similar thoughts, "You can't pick and choose who you want to perform. Mike (Fontenot) was a good kid and you want to see someone like him succeed, and now he gets a better chance in a less stressful situation."
Dan Uggla then took the podium. "I'm very excited and grateful for the oppurtunity to be here in Chicago. I'm excited to be apart of this club and look forward to doing my best to help this team get back to the playoffs. I'm looking to contribute anyway I can. I want to thank Mr. Hendry and Mr. Piniella for bringing me here and giving me this oppurtunity."
But did he want to leave Florida. "Whenever you're in a situation where you play with guys for three or four years, you obviously get attached and don't want to leave them behind but at the same time if you don't move on and challenge yourself in a new situation to be the best you can be, then what is the point of playing baseball?"
Pending physicals, the earliest Uggla will be in a Cubs uniform is Wednesday for game two of a three game set against division foe, the St. Louis Cardinals.

COMING UP:
The Week In Review

Old 04-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #24
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

How did do that press conference one? That was amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »