Home

The McGovern Manifesto: Fountains, BBQ and Baseball

This is a discussion on The McGovern Manifesto: Fountains, BBQ and Baseball within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: The McGovern Manifesto: Fountains, BBQ and Baseball

Letter From The Editor

Well ladies and gents, it would appear that this thread has potentially hit a massive ice berg. I went to turn on the 'ol gal and it turned on but the yellow light didn't flash on the front, so I stayed there and watched it. Then it shut off after three beeps and the red light was blinking. I tried the same process for about an hour hoping the old girl would turn on but no luck...

So after researching the issue in my limited spare time, there are two potential issues with the machine that are crucially different. I know that it isn't the YLOD and that the cooling unit hasn't gone out.

#1: Some of my research has concluded that it may indeed be the power cord going out. If so, no big deal. Just slap down a Hamilton and some change and we're good to go within a matter of weeks or days.

#2: It could potentially be a hardware issue and if that's the case, I'm going to have to purchase a brand spankin' new PS3 which isn't very cheap in itself. I play baseball everyday during the spring, summer and fall so it could potentially be months before I have the opportunity to get a new PS3 and kick start this thing back up.

This is a very, very sticky situation. It could either be a quick fix or a whole big fiasco that I don't have time for. Me and the 'ol gal have been through quite a bit together, from Madden to Call of Duty and from my blue ray collection to MLB The Show.

Now luckily, I had a contingency plan set up for this sort of situation ahead of time. I have the Franchise saved on a flash drive so if I need a new PS3, I don't have to start over.

Right now, the plan is to get a new cord, try that out and if it doesn't work, then it's off to hunt for the next chosen one..

Sorry fellas...

-Royals19

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #50
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

NO. NO!

Damnit, Royals, if I need to, I WILL GET YOU A DAMN NEW PS3! I NEED MY MCGOVERN!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #51
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

I wondered what happened to you and this chise.....

I hope it's the power chord because that's the cheapest and easiest fix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Just caught up. Love the thread. Hope you will be back soon.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 3

Man, sorry to hear about your PS3 biting the dust for now. Hopefully it's not too major of a fix. Don't forget the PS4 is on the horizon before you shell out on the PS3.

Good luck
Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #54
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Sucks that your PS3 failed you. Hoping that its the first issue and not the second one.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 25

Well ladies and gents, I've got some interesting news. Today, I stood at my PS3 for roughly a good two hours straight and pressed that freaking power button 73 times... That means I turn it on, it goes then beeps three times and shuts off every time. On the 74th try, eureka! Ol Blue turned on! I know, I know... I probably have more important things to be doing than pressing a button for two hours straight but the fact of the matter is, I'll go crazy without my PS3 at my disposal.

To make sure this wasn't a fluke, I shut it off and then left it for a half hour then came back and went through the process again. This time it took 54 times... Don't get me wrong I still need to figure out the root cause of the problem but the bottom line is, the 'ol gal works! Right now, I'm going to buy that power cable at some point and figure this out but if we can limp this thing along until the PS4 comes out, we're money.

Thanks for bearing with me through this mini crisis everyone. I should have updates out within the next few days.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #56
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Well ladies and gents, I've got some interesting news. Today, I stood at my PS3 for roughly a good two hours straight and pressed that freaking power button 73 times... That means I turn it on, it goes then beeps three times and shuts off every time. On the 74th try, eureka! Ol Blue turned on! I know, I know... I probably have more important things to be doing than pressing a button for two hours straight but the fact of the matter is, I'll go crazy without my PS3 at my disposal.

To make sure this wasn't a fluke, I shut it off and then left it for a half hour then came back and went through the process again. This time it took 54 times... Don't get me wrong I still need to figure out the root cause of the problem but the bottom line is, the 'ol gal works! Right now, I'm going to buy that power cable at some point and figure this out but if we can limp this thing along until the PS4 comes out, we're money.

Thanks for bearing with me through this mini crisis everyone. I should have updates out within the next few days.
Great news!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »