Home

Major League (Movie) Franchise - Cleveland Indians - MLB '13 The Show

This is a discussion on Major League (Movie) Franchise - Cleveland Indians - MLB '13 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16
Major League (Movie) Franchise - Cleveland Indians - MLB '13 The Show

Major League (Movie) Franchise: Cleveland Indians

If this looks like it's been done before, it's because it has been done before. I did a "Major League" franchise on The Show '11 and am interested in starting up one again. That means Vaughn, Dorn, Cerrano, Rube, Hog, and all of the others will be back at it with the Tribe.

Skill Level: All-Star
Rosters: O.S.F.M. Opening Day v2
Sliders: TNK Sliders v1.0
Roster Info: Major League (Movie) Roster

Last edited by mattynokes; 08-14-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

Re: Major League (Movie) Franchise - Cleveland Indians - MLB '13 The Show

I had a lot of fun with the dynasty on The Show '11 and believe this can go much further than that one. The roster, like on 2011, is mostly filled with players we meet in the movie. There are some fillers who we don't meet in the movie that are easily recognized on the screen with Harry Doyle calling out their name. The Triple-A team is filled out with the former minor leaguers, but Double-A and Single-A are empty and have zero skilled "Minor League Player" sitting in those spots until after the first season. The real Indians minor leaguers were taken from 1989-94. I have excluded any of the bigger name players and for the most part I've only used failed prospects. The biggest names would probably be; Mark Lewis, Jesse Levis, Kevin Wickander, and Rod Nichols. In sort of a "second chance" I've given these players potential ratings based on the following:

D = No Major League Experience
C = Made It To The Majors
B = Played A Few Seasons In The Majors
A = Baseball America Top 100 Prospect (Regardless Of Majors Time)

I will be playing one game per season during the regular season. If I get into a playoff race I will play two games per series over the course of the final ten days of the season. During the playoffs I will play three games of the Division Series and five games of both the Championship and World Series. Games that I play will have highlights and a box score recap. The other games will done with the SportsCast Manager and will only have the linescore recap posted. With playing roughly 50-60 games per regular season I hope this will allow me the opportunity to play multiple seasons.

For storyline purposes we'll assume Major League 1 was the 2011 season, Major League 2 was the 2012 season, while Major League 3 excluded Rube, Cerrano, and Tanaka while happening in 2012 as well.

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-16-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-16-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

Hello everyone, Harry Doyle here, welcoming all you Wahoo Maniacs. The Tribe are back after Rick Vaughn struck out Jack Parkman to head to the World Series, where sadly they fell to the San Francisco Giants.

Speaking of Parkman, he was spotted in Cleveland over the off-season. He was leaving Panini's on West 6th, doing his little shimmy and it caused Indians fans to riot in the streets. Parkman, trying to flee the scene, jumped in some college kid's '05 Honda Civic and took off. Parkman was cited with Inciting to violence and Unauthorized use of a vehicle. Mr. Parkman may have not know it at the time, but he was buying himself an extended vacation in Ohio as he was sentenced to 8 months in jail, just enough to miss the 2013 season and damage what little reputation he had.

Anyways, back to the Tribe. As we know, owner Rachel Phelps is a stingy "witch". She refused to allow any high dollar spending over the off-season, so GM Roger Dorn decided to get himself back into playing shape (or so he thinks).

Charlie Donovan takes back over as chief operator and with not much time left in the off-season, the Indians additions resulted in Dorn and a few minor league signings. Among them include; Gus Cantrell, Frank "Pops" Morgan, Carlton "Doc" Windgate, Lance Pere and Jake Taylor. Yes, Taylor's back!. A year off has really rejuvenated his knees and Manager Lou Brown couldn't be more excited.

Brown, recalling from his days with the Toledo Mudhens, was able to also talk Gus Cantrell out of retirement. Cantrell and Eddie Harris are working together on new pitches to overcome aging. So whether it's a sinker, a vasoline ball, or frozen ball as long as it gets outs we'll be happy.

Cantrell was also able to get Doc Windgate and Pops Morgan to sign with Cleveland. Both were stuck as career minor leaguers, most recently with the Twins Triple-A club in 2012. With the wind in his favor, Doc may top out at 80 MPH and Pops can't run or field, but he sure can hit. Pere, also coming from Salt Lake, is the exact opposite of Morgan. He's all glove and athleticism with no bat.

Going back to Parkman, when the Indians dealt him to the White Sox last year many didn't realized getting Taka Tanaka from the Yoshimura Giants wasn't all the Indians got in return. The Twins joined in to make it a three-team deal, sending infielder Juan Lopez, Hog Ellis, and top prospect Billy "Downtown" Anderson to Cuyahoga County.

These few new arrivals are what will make the '13 campaign exciting!

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

Hi, Lou Brown here. It was sure tough to get swept by the Giants after seeing Ricky mow down Parkman, but we've got a new season to look forward to. With the health of Jake, Roger, and myself I think we'll have a new spring in our step.

1. CF Willie "Mays" Hayes
Willie's gone from hitting like sh!t, to ego movie star, and playing like he should - using his speed. He has the potential to be a premiere leadoff hitter.

2. LF Billy "Downtown" Anderson
This kid is going to be a star! As long as we can teach him not to always pull the ball or always go for the home run, he'll wind up a fine hitter. Defensively his legs are fresh and he could probably play all three spots in the outfield.

3. 3B Roger Dorn
Good 'ole Rog. He still can't field a lick and we'll find out if he can still hit. We'll keep working to get him squared away on the field and you already know how I feel about his calisthenics clause in his contract...

4. RF Pedro Cerrano
We're having Eddie Harris work with Cerrano to get him used to hitting a curveball, but boy he can hit a ton...when he makes contact. In the field, just as long as he concentrates more on catching the ball than his Voodoo or Buddhism or whatever religion he is now, I'll be happy.

5. DH Frank "Pops" Morgan
Gus Cantrell found this guy down with the Buzz and so far from what I've seen, he can hit...and that's it. When fielding the ball he almost always gets a bad jump and runs too long in the same place.

6. C Jake Taylor
It was a tough call dropping Jake back in the order, but I feel getting some speed in the two-hole was the better option. This should allow him to focus on catching and playing the occasional first base.

7. 1B Rube Baker
Before a game last season he told me to just "put me in some place", so we'll see if he can handle other positions this year. In addition to first base, he could get looks at third base as well. Overall, he's just an average ball player, but he has that "it" thing about him that makes him a starter.

8. 2B Lance Pere
He's quite light with the bat, much like he acts light in the loafers. But he's fantastic on the base paths (whenever he gets on base) and he's a good fielder. Hell, he's probably a better third baseman than Dorn, but I sure wouldn't want to see Roger play up the middle!

9. SS Juan Lopez
I guess in the end he and his twin brother (ironically with the same name) couldn't get along well enough on plays up the middle, so we split them up after the Parkman trade. He's not much of a hitter, but he's what you come to expect from a Latin ballplayer with good defensive skills.

PH OF Taka Tanaka
Who could forget our foreign import. I can't understand a word he says, but he sure does have passion. You gotta hand it to a guy who climbs walls to make catches and one who has the "marbles" to catch a flyball barehanded. He'll get some pinch hit chances for the bottom of the lineup and we'll work him in as a regular against southpaws.

#1 - RHP Eddie Harris
He throws a great vasoline ball, I mean curve. Ed throws up any junk he find. I seriously think he might throw ten different pitches. We'll need Eddie to lead our young pitching staff and give us quality starts every five days.

#2 - RHP Hog Ellis
Pigs...Hog...Boy Rube will be happy with this fireballer pitching for us. We're doing everything we can to teach him additional pitches. Doc taught him a curve down in Salt Lake last season and even with just two pitches we felt those two were good enough for the majors and is why we traded for him last season. Maybe we'll make Rube his personal catcher.

#3 - RHP Carlton "Doc" Windgate
I didn't believe it when Gus told me this guy's fastball won't register on most radar guns, but it's true. At least he can locate his stuff, if you want to call it "stuff". I'm sure his low velocity is why the Twins cut him loose, but we'll see if we can't whip him into a Jamie Moyer type pitcher.

SU - Gus Cantrell
I'm sure glad to be able to have talked him in to coming back to the player side of the game. He's still got the arm to spot start if we need him, but he's mostly going to be our eighth inning man. There's a lot of youngsters in the 'pen, so hopefully they soak up all of the knowledge he offers up.

CL - Rick Vaughn
The decision to have him in the closer's role was a tough one. He's got dynamite stuff and could give us a solid six innings as a starter. However, how he handled the closer role last season in the playoffs was remarkable.

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

REMAINING ROSTER

CA Barry Blackwell #25
This season we actually need to keep three catchers with both Taylor and Rube starting in the field. Blackwell isn't much with the stick in his hands, but he's a respectable defender.

1B Doug Ward #30
He's one of our only two left-handed hitters. He'll provide some late inning depth, likely pinch hitting for either Pere or Lopez.

IF Pablo Martinez #6
He was our starting short stop a season ago, so if injuries hit, we'll be fine. He can run real well and plays slightly above average defense.

SP Kevin Schoup #9
He's a striking resemblance to his uncle, Kevin Hickey, who sadly passed away last year at just 56. Schoup is a quality southpaw who can take us into the seventh consistently.

SP Sam Kellner #41
He's just your run of mill, average #5 starter.

RP Kenny Dalton #51
The man can close, come in long relief, and Jake even had him pinch running last season. He's a true athlete.

RP Kevin Wickander #53
Our best middle reliever and a southpaw at that has a very nasty slider. If he can harness it, he'll be great for us.

RP Bruce Egloff #46
He's our top righty middle reliever who has a nice three pitch repertoire (fastball, curve, and splitter).

RP Garland Kiser #58
Our second lefty in the pen does an excellent job of limiting the long ball.

RP Colby Ward #50
Our final bullpen piece also keeps the ball in the park and has a lively fastball, averaging 93-94 MPH.

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-16-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

Cleveland Indians Top 5 Prospects (Baseball America)

1. IF Mark Lewis #20 - Baseball America #18 Prospect
Young, talented player who can play all three infield spots. He has the potential to become an all-star infielder and could be primed to take over once Roger Dorn retires (for good).

2. OF/1B Tim Costo #18 - Baseball America #34 Prospect
Big and atheltic. He's probably fringe major league material right now and has the room to grow into a reliable middle of the order bat.

3. SP Daron Kirkreit #54 - Baseball America #80 Prospect
He has lively arm with a duo fastball combination. Needs to learn off-speed pitches, but projects as a capable #2 starter in the future.

4. SP Rod Nichols #57
Great control and uses a cutter to limit damage. He's been moved around from the rotation and bullpen, so he'll need to build back his stamina.

5. CA Jesse Levis #14
A slap hitter for a high average who doesn't strike out much. He's just average defensively, but there's plenty of time for improvement.

COLUMBUS CLIPPERS ROSTER

CA Jesse Levis #14

CA Ryan Martindale #17

1B Luis Medina #23

2B Tommy Hinzo #2

3B Clyde "Pork Chop" Pough #3

SS Mark Lewis #20

IF Miguel Flores #6

LF Tim Costo #18

CF Beau Allred #37

RF Chan Perry #43

OF Omar Ramirez #25

UT Mike Neal #6

SP Rod Nichols #57

SP Daron Kirkreit #54

SP Mike Walker #48

SP Jason Fronio #45

SP Kevin Bearse #59

LR Joe Skalski #27

RP Greg Ferlenda #19

RP Apolinar Garcia #26

RP Bill Wertz #47

RP Jeff Mutis #36

SU Paul Kuzniar #34

CL Tom Kramer #29

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-16-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short

Cleveland Indians at Toronto Blue Jays
Apr 2, 2013123456789RHE
Cleveland100010002480
Toronto00001040X5120
W: R.A. Dickey L: Eddie Harris S: Casey Jenssen

Tribe Power Past Jays

Apr 3, 2013123456789RHE
Cleveland0000300148121
Toronto000003000391
W: Kevin Wickander L: J.A. Happ
Cleveland Indians
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Hayes, CF4210100.250
Anderson, LF4213101.500
Dorn, 3B5020000.222
Cerrano, RF4001010.000
Morgan, DH3021100.571
Martinez, PR0100000---
Taylor, C5132001.444
Baker, 1B5000020.111
Pere, 2B4111011.167
Lopez, SS4120000.250
TEAM TOTALS388128340
BATTING:
2B: Hayes, Dorn, Morgan
HR: Anderson, Taylor, Pere
HBP: Morgan
SF: Cerrano
GIDP: Cerrano
FIELDING:
E: Pere
Toronto Blue Jays
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Reyes, SS4110010.222
Bonafacio, 2B4120100.375
Bautista, RF4100120.250
Encarnacion, 1B4010010.375
Lind, DH4021000.500
Davis, PR0000000---
Cabrera, LF4012010.250
Rasmus, CF4010020.143
Thole, C4010010.285
Izturis, 3B4000010.250
TEAM TOTALS36393290
BATTING:
HBP: Reyes
BASERUNNING:
SB: Reyes 2, Encarnacion
FIELDING:
E: Reyes
Cleveland Indians
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Ellis5.16332505.06
Wickander2.01000300.00
Cantrell0.20000000.00
Vaughn1.02000100.00
TEAM TOTALS9.093329

Toronto Blue Jays
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Johnson4.27322213.85
Happ3.12110212.70
Delabar0.212210027.00
Lincoln0.122200154.00
TEAM TOTALS9.01287343

More Longballs, Same Results For Indians

Apr 4, 2013123456789RHE
Cleveland04213000111120
Toronto001001020480
W: Kevin Schoup L: Brandon Morrow

Last edited by mattynokes; 05-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »