Home

The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation

This is a discussion on The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who Should Royals play his upcoming Franchise with?
Mets 7 77.78%
Twins 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation

So while we did well with with Lester, we still have to fix the bullpen and honestly, guys like K-Rod and Brian Wilson aren't that enticing at this point. They're going to get big money based on the nature of the market but in the front office's opinion, they simply aren't worth the money. That leaves a whole bunch of trash to sift through.

However my friends, patience is a virtue and we wait until the day that Minor League players must be tendered contracts... surely there will be an electric arm or two here.

Hah, that was easy, we sent Monty for Shields last winter. And now, looks like the deal has come full circle. Monty has always had an electric arm and was our top lefthanded pitching prospect prior to the trade. He'll get a shot in Spring Training but he seems to need more seasoning after pitching poorly for Tampa in limited action this past season. We're thinking he turns into a fastball-slider guy from the pen but the bottom line is he still needs development time.

However, come Rule 5 time, we found a more polished product with a rather intriguing track record.

Aha! Chris Reed, the British closer from Stanford! What a good pick. The Dodger's wanted to make him a starter but with a plus slider and a plus fastball, we'll make him a nice bullpen piece. It's risky... but hey George McGovern is all about that risk factor.

Sadly, this would be all we would walk away with this offseason, a couple of decent lefties and an excellent #2 starter. Who knows what could've happened with McGovern at the reins...

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 06-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

I like the Lester signing. It should help out your rotation a lot.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Go Blue Jays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm on board with the Lester signing. Nice 1-2 punch with him and Shields
Old 06-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Corey Hart is a "95" ??

aijenfuivn2u4390nv9234nvco8eqpinfvnr4 vujc neqpihryfb4mv9nc9lfmkneijvnwheij nvih4tnfvun4unojewnrfvgijnrw vohw bjhbnvihjn iprnwvpibqeiyvbnrw
Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6

Good job getting Shields back, Montgomery is a nice sign, too! I hate him in Carl Kent's career right now, 0-9 with 6 K's... If he can get the unstoppable Carl Kent out, he must be something special
Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26

Lesterrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Great to see this started, and can't wait to watch some solid Lester starts! He will be legit, trust me.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Corey Hart is a "95" ??

aijenfuivn2u4390nv9234nvco8eqpinfvnr4 vujc neqpihryfb4mv9nc9lfmkneijvnwheij nvih4tnfvun4unojewnrfvgijnrw vohw bjhbnvihjn iprnwvpibqeiyvbnrw
... I have no idea, I can't believe the teams spent big on him. I looked to see how much he was asking and it was something ridiculous like 17 million annually. When you hit .280 and hit 20 homeruns, that isn't exactly "superstar" worthy if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank is the Tank
Good job getting Shields back, Montgomery is a nice sign, too! I hate him in Carl Kent's career right now, 0-9 with 6 K's... If he can get the unstoppable Carl Kent out, he must be something special
When somebody shuts down Carl Kent, you have to take notice right?

I've always been a big Monty fan. He has a really nice mix. If I was in need of starting pitching, then I would start him but honestly, we've got a massive log jam there so we're going to have to roll out with him pitching in the bullpen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameRoN0407
Lesterrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Great to see this started, and can't wait to watch some solid Lester starts! He will be legit, trust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
I'm on board with the Lester signing. Nice 1-2 punch with him and Shields

Lester is one of my favorite starting pitchers in baseball, I love watching him pitch. We're going to place reliance on Lester this season and I think he bridges us to Jeremy Guthrie pretty well in the 3 spot. More so than Ervin Santana who was more like a borderline 2/3 starter. The big thing with Lester is, he's going to give us innings. We struggled with that last season and finished with about 800 innings in our starting staff. Our goal is for 1000 so hopefully we can reach that and I expect Lester to be a big part of that.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »