Home

Drivin' The Bus, A Kansas City Royals Franchise (The Show 13)

This is a discussion on Drivin' The Bus, A Kansas City Royals Franchise (The Show 13) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2
Drivin' The Bus, A Kansas City Royals Franchise (The Show 13)

Drivin' The Bus, A Kansas City Royals Franchise

Game:MLB 13 The Show
Hitting: All-Star
Pitching: Hall of Fame

For 23 years I have sat back and watched my Kansas City Royals in a word, well... Suck.. With the most recent success they are having this season I have decided to fire up a Show franchise on here with the goal in mind of capturing a playoff berth. Something I have never seen in my life time in Kansas City.

It has been about 5-6 years since I have done a dynasty report of any type. I wouldn't say I was an "original" but I was apart of "Dynasty Central" in its very early stages and enjoyed every second of it during my middle school/high school days. I'm in college now so time for this may not be too expendable, but I look forward to sharing the story with you guys, and thank you in advance for reading this. It will take some time for me to get back in the groove of things.

So with all that said, get out your "Revive 85" T-shirts, break out those Tony Pena Jr. bobbleheads and avoid the bad juju of the "Frenchy Quarter" and sit back and enjoy the ride!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Drivin' The Bus, A Kansas City Royals Franchise (The Show 13)

This looks interesting! Will be folowing!

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Just a little side note here, I am sure some might find this "unrealistic" I will be using the OSFM rosters but it will not include the opening day lineup of the Royals. That means Justin Maxwell/David Lough instead of Jeff Francouer, and no JC Gutierrez in the bullpen.

I want to see how the team the Royals have now would do during a whole season. So sorry to all those huge Frenchy fans out there...

I will sparsely play games, some series I will play all three and some I will only play one, however my recaps will come in the forms of series at a time. Thanks Y'all, I will play the first series tonight and try to get some recaps going by tomorrow night.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

In Wake of Myers-Shields Trade Royals are Ready to Roll

I remember it like it was yesterday. Knee deep in my chemistry book, cramming for a test and all the sudden my frickin sweet blackberry flip phone begins to blow up. I had to take a double take the first few times, it might of been the 74 cups of coffee I had drank during the day or the 2 cans of Skoal I ingested but right in front of my eyes there it was. Royals trade Wil Myers for James Shields, Wade Davis, and Elliot Johnson.

Not Wil, not the player that was going to put Kansas City on the map, not the player who's every move I had followed in the minors. Not the guy who was so cool he shattered a camera with a foul tip at Kauffman Stadium in the Futures game, and did I tell you he doesn't use batting gloves!! I couldn't believe it and now my cracked out brain turned to baseball, I stayed up all night trying to make the trade sound good in my mind. Who did Dayton Moore think he was? Frenchy is no suitable starting outfielder for a championship team, and what the hell is a Wade Davis, we do not need more relief pitching for Christ Sakes!!

It took time but I came around on the trade, I started to get extremely excited that for once, since the departure of Greinke, that my Royals could finally have an ACE at the helm. I wasn't sold on the Ervin Santana deal at all, with diminishing velocity and a high HR/FB rate I for sure thought he would be hitting the Tommy Jon market any day now, but hey he's worth a shot.

There is still glaring problems for this squad at the beginning of this 2013 season, Chris Getz brings a lot of GRIT but lets be honest, he is just not a very good player. And with a team so young did we reach a little too much for only two years of James Shields? Will Hosmer finally get some damn power and stop hitting the ball oppo? Will Moustakas bounce back from an atrocious second half in 2012, and was Alcides Escobar's .297 average just a product of a high BABIP? Can Lorenzo Cain stay healthy? When will Duffy and Paulino come back?? Was Billy's power just a fluke last year?

Well I guess we will have to see... That is really all I can say. By the Way I failed that chemistry test that next morning, no shame no game ladies and gentleman.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm following man. Curious to see what you can do with the Royals. Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Sweep!
Royals Ride Gordon and Escobar to convincing Sweep

Kansas City started the 2013 season off on the right foot, with a more than convincing sweep over an AL Central rival. Gordon and Escobar held their own while the Royals one-two punch of James Shields and Ervin Santana Gave the White Sox hell.

Dayton Moore sure looked good today as James Shields pitched a gem in this one. The Royals newly acquired starting pitcher pitched 7.2 innings and struck out six White Sox to set the tone for a Kansas City 2-1 win. The Royals had many chances to score throughout the game but screwed the pooch on base running gaffes. Alcides Escobar played out of his mind with a homerun away from the cycle. Alex Gordon provided the tying run in the sixth with a deep jack to right field, Hosmer then gave the Royals the lead in the 9th with a sacrifice play that scored Escobar.

Jeff Keppinger had a decent game as he connected on a shields changeup left up in the third inning and doubled in Hector Gimenez. However the White Sox could not stay afloat after Shields struck out the side in the sixth, and then Alcides Escobar made a great play in the seventh to turn a double play.

Kansas City Royals at Chicago White Sox
Apr 1, 2013123456789RHE
Kansas City (0-0)0000010012110
Chicago (0-0)001000000151
W: Tim Collins (1-0) L: Nate Jones (0-1) S: Greg Holland (1)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSKANCHW
CHW3H. Gimenez Scores on a J. Keppinger doulb to right.01
KAN6Alex Gordon Homers (1) (415 Ft)11
KAN9A. Escobar scores on a sacrificy fly by E. Hosmer21
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
A. Gordon4121001
A. Escobar4140000
S. Perez4020000
BASERUNNING:
SB: A. Escobar (1)
Chicago White Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
A. De Aza3010000
H. Gimenez2120000
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
J. Shields7.24113601.17
T. Collins0.11000100.00
G. Holland 1.01000100.00
Chicago White Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
C. Sale7.29111311.50

Game 2

Apr 3, 2013123456789RHE
Kansas City (1-0)

Chicago (0-1)

W: E. Santana (1-0) L: J. Peavy (0-1)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSKANCHW
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Hosmer6140000
A. Gordon4226002
A. Escobar5223000
Chicago White Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
G. Beckham302000
H. Gimenez302000
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
E. Santana9.08000700.00
Chicago White Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
J. Peavy5.06333405.40

Gordon Struck again in this one, homering twice and leading the Royals to a dominatnig 12-0 win. Ervin Santana pitched terrific and lasted all 9 innings with 8 strikeouts in his first start for the Royals. Jake Peavy didn't have a terrible day however Matt Lindstrom came in the 6th inning and let up six runs.

Game 3

Apr 4, 2013123456789RHE
Kansas City (2-0)

Chicago (0-2)

W: J. Guthrie (1-0) L: J. Quintana (0-1) S: G. Holland (2)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSKANCHW
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
J. Giavotella 5330000
A. Escobar4023000
Chicago White Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
H. Gimenez3222100
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
J. Guthrie6.0754330
G. Holland 1.02000200.00
Chicago White Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
J. Quintana5.0652100

The Royals were able to squeeze this one out thanks to a 3 run triple by Alcides Escobar in the 7th inning as Esky continues to ride a hot streak. Guthrie pitched adequate, lasting six innings while only giving up three runs.

Last edited by Guccilafluer; 08-13-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

It's Always Gloomy in Philadelphia
Royals Face an NL Team....Get Rocked

Kansas City Royals at Philadelphia Phillies
Apr 7, 2013123456789RHE
Kansas City (3-0)

Philadelphia (2-1)

W: K. Kendrick (1-0) L: W. Davis (0-1)
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
S. Perez 4011010
D. Lough4100200
Philadelphia Phillies
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
R. Howard3112001
J. Rollins3111001
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
W. Davis6.06333414.50
Philadelphia Phillies
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
K. Kendrick9.01114600.00

After sweeping the Chicago White Sox to start the season the Kansas City Royals were an excited ball club.

"We came into this series with high hopes, wanting to prove ourselves to a team that has been one of the best in past seasons, obviously it did not play out well for us" Said Ned Yost the Royals manager.

Kansas City's offense looked lost all series and had no answer for the Phillies pitching staff, as Kendrick, Cloyd and the always consistent Cliff Lee made sure Kansas City had minimum chances to break into the runs category.

Kansas City only put up four runs over the three games compared to Philadelphia's sixteen and were almost no hit in the first game of the series against Kyle Kendrick.

Apr 8, 2013123456789RHE
Kansas City (3-1)

Philadelphia (3-1)

W: Cloyd (1-0) L: B. Chen (0-1) S: J. Papelbon (1)
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
D. Lough5030000
L. Cain4021001
BASERUNNING:
SB: D. Lough (1)
Philadelphia Phillies
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
C. Utley 4130000
M. Young 4112001
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
B. Chen6.0622041
Philadelphia Phillies
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Cloyd 6.0611230
J. Papelbon1.01000200.00

The story of the series for the Royals was the non existent bats of Alex Gordon and Alcides Escobar. Gordon's only hit came in game 2 in the first inning, Escobar went hitless in the first two games until connecting on two bloop singles in the final game of the series.

The Phillies pitchers did a wonderful job of getting out of jams as David Lough collected 6 hits in the last two games, however no one could bring him around to score.

Apr 9, 2013123456789RHE
Kansas City (3-2)

Philadelphia (4-1)

W: C. Lee (2-0) L: J. Shields (0-1)
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
D. Lough5130000
B. Butler4111001
A. Escobar4020000
BATTING:
2B: D. Lough, 2 (2)
Philadelphia Phillies
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
D. Brown3332001
R. Howard4124001
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
J. Shields4.0655052
Philadelphia Phillies
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
C. Lee8.01022081

Kansas City looked like it might break through in the final game of the series and held on to a 2-0 lead through the first two innings thanks to a Billy Butler homerun.

Things quickly turned around as James Shields ran into trouble and gave up a four bagger to Dominic Brown to tie the game up, and then watched a Ryan Howard homerun drive in another 3 runs to diminish the Royals chances of a win.

This interleague matchup proved difficult for the "Boys in Blue" and they must bounce back at Kauffman stadium against a below average Minnesota Twins squad.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
MVP

kc2135's Arena

OVR: 8

Hope you keep this going for awhile. I'm a Reds fan first and foremost, but really like where the Royals are as a good young team. Will be following

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »