Home

Living the Life - The Career of Kyle Gordon

This is a discussion on Living the Life - The Career of Kyle Gordon within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Living the Life - The Career of Kyle Gordon

Welcome to my Road to the Show journey! As I wait for MLB 15 The Show to release, I've decided to create a Road to the Show player. This dynasty will focus on all the highlights and lowlights of his career, as he tried to make it to the big leagues.

Hitting Difficulty: All Star
Fielding Difficulty: All Star
Sliders: Custom (Realistic)

Career Accomplishments
- Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the fourth round with the 25th pick.

Last edited by Bluejaysfan65; 03-21-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Re: Living the Life - The Career of Kyle Gordon

So the Perfect Game USA showcase didn't exactly leave a good impression of me to the scouts. Just weeks before the MLB First Year Player Draft, I somehow decided to go into a slump at the plate, swinging at everything, everywhere.

I did manage to hit the ball hard, including a line drive bases loaded single in the first game, but that was about it. A couple of strikeouts and walks, and my batting average didn't look all that good.

Now that the showcase is over, will any team take a flyer on me?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

We join the MLB First Year Player Draft in the fourth round, as the Houston Astros are on the clock.

25 picks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Selig
With the 25th pick of the 4th round in the 2014 MLB First Year Player Draft, the Detroit Tigers select third baseman Kyle Gordon from Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vasgersian
Well Harold, what's your take on the Tigers' choice to go with Gordon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Reynolds
At this point in the draft, most of these pics will be career minor leaguers, with the occasional diamond in the rough. I don't see this pick panning out, especially when you look at his numbers against higher level pitching. He barely hit over .100 at the Perfect Game USA showcase!
And with that, Kyle's baseball career has taken off...
Old 03-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dombrowski
We see potential in you at a position that we are relatively thin at right now with Nick Castellanos being the only other third baseman in our organization at the moment. We’ve decided to send you to AA to play with the Lake Erie Seawolves in an attempt to speed up your development and get you to the big leagues fast. This being said, usually mid round draft picks like you don’t have too bright of a future in the MLB, but if you keep working hard, you might earn your shot at the Show one day.
Spoiler
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Erie Seawolves at Altoona Curve
Four Game Series

Game 1
The coach showed confidence in me, letting me get the start at third base for the first game of the season. It's a little weird hitting in the ninth hole, but its a surprise I got the start in the first place. I hit ball hard all evening, but finished with nothing to show, going 0-4 with a mere walk. It took 11 innings, but we came out on top 1-0.

Game 2
I struggled again in the second game of the series, making contact but hitting slow rolling grounders to everyone I can find. Bright side is that I managed to pick up my first AA hit with a line drive single in the top of the fifth inning.

Game 3
Coach gave me a morale boost by moving me up to the eighth hole in the third game of the series, and I rewarded him by hitting my first AA homer in my second at bat in the top of the fifth inning. But it still looks like I'm trying to catch up to AA pitching, as I struckout another two times tonight.

Game 4
Coach bumped me up one more spot in the order, sending me to hit in the seventh hole. That wouldn't matter though, as my struggles at the plate continued, as I hit the ball hard but finished just a sacrifice fly and a RBI to show.

Series Stats
4 GP, .143 AVG, 14 AB, 2 H, 1 HR, 3 RBI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Erie Seawolves at Binghamton Mets
Three Game Series

After failing to produce in the first game of the series, Kyle was left to sit on the bench for the remainder of the two series. Turns out the coach had a pretty short leash on Kyle, and he'll have to contribute whatever he can to the team.... FROM THE BENCH.

Profile Card - Kyle Gordon
/forums/Kyle Gordon | 3B
Lake Erie Seawolves
Height: 6\'1\"Bats/Throws: R/R
Weight: 210Age: 18 years old
SeasonGABAVGR2B3BHRRBISBOBP
Last 10ABHRRBIHRSOSBAEPO
Old 04-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #7
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Trenton Thunder at Erie Seawolves
Four Game Series

After sitting out the first game of the series, Kyle showed a glimpse of his offensive abilities, hitting a two run homer and a bases loaded RBI single up the middle, giving him 3 RBIs on the night.

However, that showing wasn't enough to regain the confidence of the coach, as Kyle found himself keeping the bench warm for the last two games of the series.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Bowie Baysox at Erie Seawolves
Three Game Series

After once again sitting out the first game of the series (something Kyle has gotten used to), Kyle got some game action in the middle game of the three game set, but once again struggled at the plate, grounding out three times and finishing his horrendous day at the plate with a strikeout to end the game in the bottom of the ninth inning.

Kyle would finish off the series just like he started it: sitting on the bench.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »