Home

Rising Up | Toronto Raptors

This is a discussion on Rising Up | Toronto Raptors within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1

Greetings! Welcome to my new Toronto Raptors Dynasty. I will be starting on the current date, which means that the Raptors are currently 17-30. My inspiration for this Dynasty to complete a turn-around. As of now the Raptors are not even in the chase for a playoff spot. I am hoping to get that rewritten and change the story...so please join me and follow me as I begin Association.

.:ASSOCIATION INFO:.

System: PS3
Season Length: Current
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Team Chemistry: On
Player Roles: On
Trade Override: Off
Allow CPU Trades: On
Difficulty: All Star
Sliders: Default

Last edited by Lyrikal; 02-03-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Banned

Shake-Up in the Atlantic Division!
(By Li - Beat Writer for the Toronto Raptors | Analyst for the NBA and Raptors.com

Rudy Gay introduced as a Raptor after being required via trade.

It didn't take long after the rumors had spread for the Raptors to acquire Rudy Gay from the Grizzlies. It was a trade that involved three teams-the Raptors, Grizzlies and Pistons. The trade gained traction quickly but when all the details were ironed out, the Raptors came away with the talented Swing-Man at the expense of veteran Guard, Jose Calderon and promising Forward, Ed Davis. Both players were making good contributions on the court but Calderon's expiring contract and Davis' steady play and potential made them valuable trade assets.

The initial response for the trade included a lot of mixed feelings from both the sports media and the fans. The biggest concern was Gay's massive contract which many thought posed a potential bind to the Raptor's salary cap. Which could be an issue going forward if this whole experiment doesn't work out. On the bright side, the Raptors come away with a bonifide scoring threat. The 6'8" Forward brings a relentless presence on both ends of the court and can possibly be the missing piece needed to get the Raptors turned around.

Rudy Gay is still only 26 years old and many believe he is still entering the prime of his career. This year he is averaging just around 18 points a game but his shooting percentage has dropped a bit from last year. His impact on the court could possibly bring in a huge change to the struggling team's culture. After all, the Raptors still have a very young squad and Gay's experience and scoring ability could pay dividends almost immediately.

As a writer, I have followed the Raptors for a long time and throughout their history. They have made big trades before and many have proved to be disappointing. It's easy to be hesitant to applaud this move but I believe it is a step in the right direction. After the press conference I was able to catch up with GM, Bryan Colngelo and asked him if there were any other moves we could expect. His response...

"We are certainly going to be looking at every possible move to ensure we improve our team. We are only about to hit the half-way point of the season and even though we have struggled, it hasn't been a complete loss. I am going to do my very best to improve our teams chances at turning things around. Whether it's going to include more moves or signings, I am not quite sure yet but I promise that this move isn't going to be the last."

With all that said, Raptors' fans show your support for the the newest addition to the team. I am certainly in the same boat as many of you as we wait for the team's next move...

Last edited by Lyrikal; 02-03-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
Banned

THE RUMOR MILL
(By Li - Writer for the Toronto Raptors | Analyst for the NBA and Raptors.com)

Multiple reports have surfaced stating that the Toronto Raptors are actively pursuing trade offers for a multiple players. Some of the names included...

- Andrea Bargnani (Forward)
- Mickael Pietrus (Forward)
- Kyle Lowry (Guard)
- Linas Kleiza (Forward)
- Aaron Gray (Center)

Andrea Bargnani has had an injury plagued season thus far and with the trade for Gay going through. Bargnani's role on offense is expected to diminish drastically. Along with the solid play of Forward, Amir Johnson and the return of Center, Jonas Valanciunas. Bargnani seems to be the odd man out in the equation. We expect him to be the most likely player to be moved.

Linas Kleiza and Aaron Gray are two intriguing trade pieces. Neither players put in heavy minutes and both have primarily been bench players for the Raptors. Their trade values lie in their expiring contracts, which some teams may find interest in.

Kyle Lowry and Mickael Pietrus are the two names that come as a surprise. Both players were new additions to the team this year. Lowry acquired by trade during the off-season and Pietrus was signed off of free agency. Lowry was expected to be a key contributor but his production was hindered due to injuries and the solid play of Jose Calderon. Pietrus on the other hand had mainly made his contributions as a role player but has seen his minutes drop due to the rise of Anderson and the Ross. The only viable explanation for their trades would be the fact that both have expiring contracts.

The movement of any of these players are indeed possible and as GM, Bryan Colangelo previously stated, he is more than willing to make any necessary moves to improve the team.

Last edited by Lyrikal; 02-03-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Nice to see another Raptors dynasty on here. Good luck getting into the playoffs!!!
Spoiler
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
Banned

Re: Rising Up | Toronto Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Nice to see another Raptors dynasty on here. Good luck getting into the playoffs!!!
Spoiler
Thanks man! I've been following your Toronto Assocation as well. I started one last year and didn't follow through (unfortunately).

and yes, I do have Rudy Gay on my team. The most recent Rosters came out yesterday (with the trades going through).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rising Up | Toronto Raptors

Can't wait to hear about Rudy and DeRozan such an explosive combo.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Banned

.: KEYS TO SUCCESS :.
Game Plan:
The Big Three of Miami is a major threat on a night to night basis. Any one of them can easily disrupt any type of gameplan in place. This match-up has been a bit lopsided and the Raptors are going to have to step up big if they want to contend. As always, Toronto is going to have to try and contain LeBron James. He is a physical freak and is arguably the best player on the planet. Rudy Gay is expected to guard him tonight so look for that to be a pivotal match-up. Both teams are athletic and can really run the court. The Raptors are going to have to play solid defense and take advantage of their speed and athleticism as much as possible.

Who Needs to Get Hot:
Amir Johnson and Kyle Lowry need to play solid tonight. Johnson holds an advantage over Udonis Haslam in both height and athleticism. He will need to dominate inside because the Heat lack a true inside presence. Lowry needs to get his rhythm going early. Mario Chalmers is a tenacious defender but Lowry is just as scrappy and physical as Chalmers. This match-up should be a fun watch.

Who Needs to be Stopped:
There's no stopping LeBron James but slowing down the other two in the trio can be decisive in this game. Dwayne Wade is a lethal scoring threat and DeMar DeRozan is going to have to step up and try to defend him. DeRozan has the clear height advantage but Dwayne Wade extremely tough and is going to make him work. If the Raptors can slow Wade down, they may be able to come away with a victory.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrikal
Thanks man! I've been following your Toronto Assocation as well. I started one last year and didn't follow through (unfortunately).

and yes, I do have Rudy Gay on my team. The most recent Rosters came out yesterday (with the trades going through).
I'll be following!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »