Home

"A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of 5'4" Guard Michael Kane

This is a discussion on "A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of 5'4" Guard Michael Kane within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Point of View?
First Person Point of View (Currently Using) 4 50.00%
Third Person Point of View 2 25.00%
Third Person Omniscient 1 12.50%
Third Person Limited 0 0%
If POV is Changed: Keep Current Thread 4 50.00%
If POV is Changed: Start New Thread 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #57
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: "A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of 5'4" Guard Michael Kane

Central High School vs Walford High School
March 30th, 2014

The freshman Eagles hosted Walford High School last Saturday but unfortunately fell short by 3 points in this tough game. The Walford squad were very talented but throughout most of the game Central were able to slow them down up until the fourth quarter in the closing seconds. The Eagles did a good job distributing the ball to result in a total of 18 assists. Point guard Eddie Gregory was the floor general of this game as he dished 8 of those 18 assists. Joseph Donnell posted his 4th straight double digit scoring game and two points off from his personal high of 22 points. Rob Oren and Elton Rodolfo also provided rebounding presence on offense and defense to combine for 18 boards in an effort to keep the Eagles in the game.

Central High School basketball will play Britannia High next on a Saturday as they continue to get closer to the regular season ending. Good luck Eagles!

Central High School Eagles (--) at Walford High School Mustang (--)
Mar 30, 20141234Final
Central High School191391759
Walford High School1311211762
Top Performers
Central High School Eagles
Jospeh Donnell - 20 PTS, 6 REB, 2 AST
Rob Oren - 8 PTS, 7 REB, 1 STL
Walford High School Mustang
Stanton Minh - 18 PTS, 4 REB, 3 TO
Jacinto Maria - 15 PTS, 7 AST, 2 BLKS
Team Stats Comparison
CHSWHS
FG Made-Att24-5926-61
3PT Made-Att5-105-10
FT Made-Att6-85-7
Rebounds3434
Assists1716
Turnovers87
Steals37
Blocks04
Old 10-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #58
All Star

beast10's Arena

Michael Kane's After-Game Thoughts

After Playing Against - Walford High School
I really struggled this game and obviously coach agreed because she wouldn't keep me in the game for a consistent time period. Seemed like every time I made a single mistake I was immediately thrown back on the bench.
The worst part in this game was the period of time where I sat from the bench and was forced to watch Walford destroy us in the third quarter as they nearly doubled the amount of points they scored through the first and second quarter. But if I needed to name something positive about this game it's about Jospeh's performance. He was lights out and went for about 20 points...
Old 10-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #59
All Star

beast10's Arena

Michael Kane - Life & Decision's

Practicing with Wright State University
So here it is, Wright State basketball gym facility... Butterflies are flying through my stomach at this point as I threw up shots with these guys who were all about a foot taller than me wondering why I was there.
These are one of those occasions where you don't want to make one mistake... But here it is, probably a once in a life time opportunity and I have to make this a good one because if I do then I can say welcome to the life of a hyped basketball player.

Coach Donlon Introduction
Team Practice

Quote:
Alright first off we're sitting at a 22-10 record right now and let me tell you this, I'm not here to get blown out in the this tourney and once again go down like a nobody. We all said that it'll be different during our summer practices so let's make that happen.
If we continue this team play and I guarantee it will. But the key emphasis I want to go over this practice is our crucial mistakes and tendencies I viewed against our game vs Detroit. It just was not team basketball
Coach Kane
A key is rebounding and it wasn't being done out there against Detroit. Like coach Donlon just stated, we play good team basketball on offense however that also needs to be implemented in all other areas of the game as well. We've gotta really take advantage of what the defense gives us and don't settle for less.
During Practice
During this practice I was pretty much just shadowing my dad as he occasionally told me tips and told me what the other players were doing right and wrong.
When the end of the practice coach Donlon ordered the players to get into 3 on 3 scrimmage groups and to mainly practice the plays and at first I thought I'd be disincluded until coach came up and told me to get into one of the groups.
I jumped into the group with Chrishawn Hopkins and Cole Darling.
Scrimmage
I could tell these guys weren't playing me like they would play in a regular scrimmage so I took advantage. We were going to 15 and I ran point guard. The game flowed well for me and I tried to show as much confidence as I could. This included driving into the lane no matter how intimidating the size differences looked and also trying to create my own shot. But as I point guard, I couldn't forget about making the passes.
So I got around 4-5 points and 4 assists in this scrimmage. I had a great showing IMO and even saw coach Donlon spectating a few times...

Coach Donlon
Quote:
Ok good practice. I want to say this, our program is like a bank. The more we invest the better we are in terms of protection. These investments are practice... We're not a bad basketball team, you all know that. At this point I really want to expand our basketball program and take it to the next level. We go hard in all our practices, then the games are gonna come easy. Effort, and the desire to win is exactly what we need.

Let's make that our step forward.

Later That Day

Browsing the web and I see this -

He was basically talking about the practice and the impact he saw from me. Then talking about my potential as a point guard.

Last edited by beast10; 10-14-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #60
All Star

beast10's Arena

Central High School vs Britannia High
April 13th, 2014

The Saturday battle against Britannia ended with a tough loss for the freshman basketball team. Jospeh Donnell continued his run at leading the scoreboards for us with 15 points while Rob Oren wasn't too far behind with 12 points. Point guards Eddie Gregory and Michael Kane both showed great passing as they each finished with 6 assists.
Elton Rodolfo had a great night crashing the boards with 9 rebounds and even helped with assist totals with 4.

Come out and support your boys freshman basketball team this upcoming Wednesday as they finish the regular season against Liberty High School to take on the Jaguars. You don't want to miss this one – it's going to be a battle.

Britannia High Defenders (--) at Central High School Eagles (--)
Apr 13, 20141234Final
Britannia High1220131762
Central High School162112857
Top Performers
Britannia High Defenders
Jeromy Donnie - 15 PTS, 11 REB , 2 STL
Christopher Young - 13 PTS, 9 REB, 1 STL
Jospeh Donnell - 15 PTS, 3 AST, 2 REB
Rob Oren - 12 PTS, 6 REB, 2 BLK
Team Stats Comparison
BHCHS
FG Made-Att26-6522-56
3PT Made-Att2-189-16
FT Made-Att8-154-7
Rebounds4032
Assists2020
Turnovers510
Steals72
Blocks52

Last edited by beast10; 10-14-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #61
All Star

beast10's Arena

After Playing Against - Britannia High

This is the game I really wanted to just ease my mind and recall what coach said back at the beginning of the season... She said "I like to see position play the way your position is defined." So I wanted to go by that quote. I passed the ball and took a few risks with some of my passes but I was rewarded on most of those chances. I camped out on the wing and never really went past it and avoided the paint since it hasn't been working for me lately.
But anyways it was a pretty basic games for me and basically I didn't try to do anything out of the ordinary. Tough loss but we've got our last game left and we're gonna make it count...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #62
All Star

beast10's Arena

November 15th, 2013
Team Practice

Coach Arambul Practice Introduction
Quote:
Everybody in the center of the court.
Let me start by saying that I'm tired of this losing streak, really. We're making the same mistakes every game... We bust all our energy in the first half and then we ALWAYS make a huge decline and the second and loss the game. I'm sick and tired of that same thing continually happening.
Today we will once again need to go over our plays because I saw a lot of lazy passes and play failures against Britannia.
I want our starting five on this side of the court second unit on the other.
My Point of View
I agree now I think of it. We've had a ton of late game situations where we allowed our opponents to come back and nearly fully took control of the game. A good pace should help us greatly...
Coach Arambul Practice Wrap-Up
Quote:
So I made myself understood that we will play at a good pace all game against Liberty. From what I've heard they aren't a great basketball team but they've got a lot guys who can pass the ball. We're not going to allow this team to score around us, every point they score I want to be from them shooting over us. Because that's unstoppable but if you guys play good defense on them this game is in the books.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #63
All Star

beast10's Arena

Central High School vs Liberty High School
April 17th, 2014

In the shadows of Senior Night celebrated by the the varsity basketball team was the freshman team falling by 2 points against Liberty High School. The adrenaline of the players were racing as the game came down to the last second but the Eagles couldn't make ends meet as they finished their season with a 7-7 record.
The Eagles came alive after they got out the locker room to start the second half as they made a dominate comeback after trailing 39-24 in the first. Jospeh Donnell scored 13 points and played the passing lanes well to earn himself 2 steals. Rob Oren had a double-double effort with 12 points and 10 rebounds and Jeremy Rich added 9 points.

Congratulations to all the seniors from the varsity squad for great careers here at Central High School and to the freshman squad, you'll be there soon. Come out and support your boys basketball teams this Friday as they play Shermer High School.

Central High School Eagles (--) at Liberty High School Jaguars (--)
Apr 17, 20141234Final
Central High School1212161757
Liberty High School231681259
Top Performers
Jospeh Donnell - 13 PTS, 4 REB, 2 STL
Rob Oren - 12 PTS, 10 REB, 1 BLK, 1 STL
Liberty High School Jaguars
Travis Phil - 14 PTS, 4 AST, 7-14 FG
Mark Marquis - 18 PTS, 6-8 FG, 4-6 3PT, 8 MIN
Team Stats Comparison
CHSLHS
FG Made-Att26-6522-56
3PT Made-Att2-189-16
FT Made-Att8-154-7
Rebounds4032
Assists2020
Turnovers510
Steals72
Blocks52
Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #64
All Star

beast10's Arena

After Playing Against - Liberty High School

Well that was it... I kinda blew the game. Well I can't be blamed for too much but I called out an isolation and crossed my defender over and created tons of space then drove into the lane and threw up a floater and well, it didn't go in. Later after this game coach voiced frustration about how I should've waited to make the move and yes I did agree but it was too good of a look to pass up. But anyways after that there was about 10 seconds remaining on the clock and Liberty quickly pushed the ball up the court and connected with a fast break layup. We got the ball back with 6 remaining and this is what really made my head explode... I passed the ball to Jospeh (The best 3pt shooter on our team) and he was WIDE OPEN but he thought it'd be a great idea to pass the ball in the corner to Elton and he shot a fadeaway three pointer.... Annnnnnd we lost the game. What a great way to end the regular season.
We've still got the tournament though and that's all that matters so we've gotta make that count. We play Shermer in the sectionals on Friday so I got to get ready for that because that school is a legit powerhouse.

I honestly don't want to play with these guys for the rest of my high school career. I'm thinking more about moving to Dayton and playing at Polk. Seems like I'd be the best opportunity available.

Last edited by beast10; 10-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »