Home

In the Shadow of Legends Brandon Roy's Story

This is a discussion on In the Shadow of Legends Brandon Roy's Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

OVR: 0

the ball hits the hardwood like a metronome, over and over...

No time left, gotta take it to the hole...

Cross right... spin and drive left...

defenders weren't ready...

the whistle sounds and the ball falls short of the basket...

55-53 need both free throws to survive...

"Brandon Roy to shoot two free throws to tie up this game and send us into overtime."

two dribbles and a smooth motion... can't think, all about the rhythm..

the ball bangs around the rim and falls in..

55-54

one more free throw this game goes to over time and Texas Pan-America may just be going to their first ever NCAA Tournament.

One more...

dribble... Dribble...

shot goes up...

it's on the rim...

It's no good...

Texas loses...

"and on that sad note Brandon Roy's heroic senior performance is at an end... We can only hope we'll see him at the next level one day."

(Guys this is obviously going to be a my player association I know some people don't like this mode much but I love it as a point guard and I hope that I can add in some fun storylines and all that to keep you all interested!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Re: In the Shadow of Legends Brandon Roy's Story

Rookie Showcase

I'm starting the rookie showcase!! I can't even believe it in my own head as I think about how unfortunate it is for Trey that he hurt his finger and can't go. So I get a chance to show my stuff! Now I just gotta ball out and I'll be okay!

I show up the the arena an hour before shoot around just to get some extra shots up. Nerlens is there too, everyone is amazed at how fast he's recovered from his ACL tear it almost seems not possible.. But I've seen him slam it in practice. The guy is all sorts of ready.

"Nerlens what's up man you working on that awful jumper of yours?" I laugh at him as I see his goofy set shot hit rim and bounce out.

"Man, shut your mouth! At least I can dunk it!"He smiles as he watches my three ball hit nothing but the bottom of the net.

"Hey! I could dunk! If I needed to!"

"You think? Just prove it then! You dunk this ball in that basket and I'll buy ya lunch!"

Never one to pass up a challenge or a free meal I step up to the free throw line.

"Hope you got deep pockets kid." And off I went.. The relatively un athletic white guy attacking the rim bending at the knees and exploding up from the restricted area My hand barely gets rim and the ball bounces out... No good. Even worse I land on my rear as I fall away from the rim. Nerlens is bursting with laughter.

"Nice try Tex, come on you can buy me lunch and I'll tell ya how many points imma score tonight."

I get up and try not to wince "Whatever man, we're eatin at McDonalds then, I know how much you eat!"

As it turned out Nerlens did star that night, he put up 20 and 12 boards with a couple blocks... I didn't do too badly myself one assist shy of the double double with 14 9 and 3...

Now apparently there were GM's that wanted to talk to me we'll see how that goes!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

GM Sitdowns

I ended up talking to the GM for the OKC Thunder first. I wasn't super pumped about playing behind Russ but when he said I might be able to fill a James Harden type role off the bench I was all for it! He also mentioned how I may be able to play the two spot beside Russell some.. The idea of playing in OKC was really appealing and I tried to answer his questions as best as I could maybe They pick me we can only wait and see I guess!

Then came my worst interview with the Blazers GM he was a pretty stiff guy and didn't like it when I told him I wouldn't rush myself back and end up ruining my career like the last B. Roy that played for them if I ever got seriously injured. That shut him off right away. Oh well What were they doing talking to me anyway with Damien there for the forseeable future??

Last came the Mavs. They have never been my favorite team and I'm not a huge Mark Cuban fan, but I knew I wasn't well known enough to be a diva and tell them I didn't want to play there. Besides what point guard wouldn't wanna run the pick and pop with Dirk??I think he was feeling me but we'll have to see where I end up the draft is tonight I'm hoping I'll go lottery! fingers crossed!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i am really liking this , probably the best read on OS if it continues!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

2013 NBA Draft

1. Anthony Bennent
2. Victor Olidipo
3. Otto Porter
4. Cody Zeller
5.Alex Len
6.Nerlens Noel
7. Ben Mclemore
8. Kentavious Caldwell-pope
9.Trey Burke
10.C.J. Mccollum
11. MCW
12. Steven Adams
13. Brandon Roy

Well I was a lottery pick! I may have been one of the last ones but I was one! The white kid from a school in texas whose never even made a NCAA appearance. The kid whose last pressure shot in a game ended in a miss and a loss. A lottery pick. This is only the beginning though! Brandon Roy is going to be a household name when I'm done. Plus? I get to stay close to home! Mom will be happy at least!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Brandon Roy's vitals, Attributes, and Sig Skills

Brandon Roy: scoring PG
Height: 6'7
Weight: 204
school: Texas-Pan America
DOB: March 12th 1991
number: 0
Jumper: Ray Allen
FT: Ray Allen

Attributes

Offense:
Close: 76
Med: 72
3PT: 80
FT: 70
Dunk: 25
Layup: 65
Standing Layup: 72
Low Post Offense: 25
Shoot in Traffic: 53
Pass: 59
Ball Handling: 74
Off Hand: 74
Ball Security: 65
Hands: 80
O-Rebound: 30
Post Fadeaway: 40
Post Hook: 25

Defense
Block: 25
Steal: 58
On Ball: 67
Low Post: 25
Rebound: 35

Physical:
Speed: 81
Quickness: 78
Hustle: 75
Strength: 30
Vert: 55
Stamina: 85
Durability: 80

Mental:
Consis: 65
O-awr: 75
D-awr: 70
Emotion: 75

Sig Skills

Pick and Roll Maestro Lvl. 1

Last edited by Wildcat9; 11-13-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Mavs open season strong against Hawks

Dallas Texas

The Dallas Mavericks opened the season tonight against a new look hawks team that included new faces Paul Milsap and Dennis Shcroder. Unfortunately for the Hawks the Mavs still have a guy named Dirk Nowitzki playing for them, you know real tall german dude, silky smooth rainbow jumper? ever heard of him? no? Well him and new running mate Monta Ellis made mince meat of a weak Atlanta Defense that was sorely missing j-smooth on both ends of the court tonight ill fated jumpers and all. Dirk and Ellis combined for 47 points 15 rebounds and 5 assists tonight as they took the hawks apart in the 85-99 meeting between the two teams. The Matrix was up to his old tricks in this one too ending with 14 points and 9 boards tonight.

We'll see what happens going forward it's only one game but the Mavericks came out hot and the Hawks came out cold.

Rookie watch

Atlanta's rookie combo of German PG Dennis Schroder and C Pero Antic played sparingly in this one 9 minutes for Schroder and only 5 for Antic. BUt the rookies were fairly steady with ten points between them.

Dallas' managed to play four rookie guards in this one. The most impressive of the four, though only barely was Brandon Roy, who went 2-2 from the floor for 4 points to match with 3 assists a steal a block and no turnovers. Still the rook only played 6 minutes and was just a minor footnote in the win today.

Player of the game

Dirk Nowitzki Dallas 23 Pts, 12 Reb, 1 Ast, 4-9 3PT.
Lou Williams Atlanta 28 pts, 2 Reb, 1 Ast, 6-12 3PT,
Old 11-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Dallas gives up big lead in road opener

Houston Texas

Dallas can't help but walk off the court tonight with a sour taste in their mouths. That very well could be the blood from the punch they took straight to the jaw tonight curtsey of a front line bigger and stronger than anything Dallas could put on the floor, and a very very bearded shooting guard who dropped 30 on one of the most porous back court duo's in the league. Jose Calderon and Monta Ellis can put the ball in the basket for sure, they just can't help but let the opposition do it too.

Dallas got outplayed at every angle in this game. It isn't all bad though as Dirk and Monta are still flowing well together and combined to score 52 points in this one. Only problem was the Mav's third leading scorer was a rookie guard who only played 15 minutes and chipped in 11 points and 4 assists. If the Mav's can get the turnover problem solved, the team had 17 tonight compared to the rockets 11, and get a solid third scoring option we may yet have a good team this year in Big D.

Rookie Watch

Houston's only rookie Isaiah Canaan didn't get into this game until the last 30 seconds where he missed his only shot.

Dallas played two of their four rookie guards Ledo and Roy both played in this one with 7 minutes going to Ledo who managed to hit a triple for the night, and Roy who played a solid 15 minutes off the bench, scored 11 points dished 4 assists and picked up a block too. Interesting to see the Mavericks getting Harris and Roy more minutes than Calderon in this one who only played 13 minutes, I can't imagine he's already lost the starting gig but we'll just have to wait and see.

Player of the game
Dallas: Monta Ellis: 20 Pts, 5 Reb, 9 Ast, 3 Stls, 3 Blks,
Houston: James Harden 30 Pts, 11 Reb, 5, Ast, 2 Stls

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »