Home

Rip City Up Rise-2k14 XBox360

This is a discussion on Rip City Up Rise-2k14 XBox360 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 01:34 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Rip City Up Rise-2k14 XBox360

OFF-SEASON NEWS

Lebron James has officially announced he will indeed test the F.A. market a year early as he chooses not to sign his player option despite teammates, D-Wade and C. Bosh both doing so.

Wade and Bosh were not the only big name players to opted to stay with their teams as Melo resigns with the Knicks, Nate Robinson will still be in Denver and Mo Williams is staying in Washington after helping J. Wall take the Wizards to the the 2nd Round.

Well the ball was in those players court as they help player options, other players were forced to leave the decision up to their current teams.

Cleveland is keeping PG K. Irving around for 1 more year, despite rumors that the Cavs have scouted S. Smart several times in the draft. Charlotte is doing the same with Kemba Walker, the Spurs are keeping K. Leonard, Minnesota is keeping Ricky Rubio, the Knicks want to keep I. Shumpert, Chicago is keeping Jimmy Butler, Houston wants Chandler Parsons and Golden State is keeping Klay Thomson.

Golden State will also use a 2 yr option to keep Harrison Barnes, Chicago is keeping Thomas Robinson as well. He finished playing 17 MPG averaging 8.8 PPG 4.7 RPG. The Heat will keep Jared Sullinger, Washington will keep B. Beal, Charlotte will keep M. Kidd-Gilchrist, A. Drummond is staying in Detroit.

However some teams are not keeping some key players as Orlando declines J. Nelson’s team option, Toronto is saying goodbye to J. Salmons, San Antonio is saying goodbye to Austin Daye

Portland has announced they will use both their team options and keep starting C Robin Lopez (5.34 Mil) and Meyers Leonard (2.32 mil)

GM Ryne Dezaron
Quote:
"To be honest the draft is a little lite in the bigman department and we felt it was in our best interest to give both players 1 more year. Robin's #'s are not what we want from a starting player (10 PPG, 6 RPG 1 BPG) but it could be worse, and I am just not ready to give up on Meyers yet. I might never develope into a All-Star but I think he has the talent to play in the league as a serviceable backup. I just want to see him log more minutes"

Going into the Draft Lottery the Suns had a 25% chance of landing the 1st pick well the Utah Jazz had a 19.9% chance followed by the 76ers at 15.6, and the L.A. Lakers at 11.9.

The Balls bounced like they were suppose 14-5, but at #4 the Jazz ball came up. Philly stayed at #3, so it was the Lakers who jump up to the #2 pick well the Suns stay at #1.

Rumors are the Cleveland Cav's are discussing a trade that would sent the #1 pick to them with the Suns getting the #11 pick as well as a future #1.

Portland will draft #22 Overall in the 1st Round and also own 4 picks in the 2nd Round (#4,#17,#21, and #30)

Rumors are that GM Ryne Dezaron has been on the phone trying to work a deal out that would allow his team a chance to move up in the draft, possibly staying at #22 but using 3 of the 4 2nd round picks to acquire a 2nd 1st Round pick. The Blazers have been very quite on what players they might be interested in but some believe they will target a SF as they look for a cheaper player to possibly replace starter N. Batum after the 2014-2015 season as they look to free up cap space to Max deal Aldridge and Lillard, one rumored player that could be able at #22 is Creighton's Doug McDermott.

Dezaron
Quote:
"This draft is super deep and I believe we could get a very good player at #22, but I also feel like with our current roster there is just no way we would be able to keep all 5 players so it makes since to try and package a few together and move up or trade for a pick next year. I have already gotten of the phone with several GM's and even have had discussions that would have us move into the Top-5"
Old 05-06-2014, 03:00 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

The 2014 Draft opened with Portland making a deal early as they trade all 4 of their 2nd Round picks in exchange for a 1st Round and a 2nd Round pick in the 2014 draft with Houston In Exchange for the 4,17,21,and 30 Overall picks in the 2nd Round, Portland will receive the #23 Overall pick in the 1st Round as well as the #23 in the 2nd Round.

GM Ryne Dezaron
Quote:
"We looked at several options including trading for the 76ers 1st Round pick next year, but with adding one of the Top-3 players in the draft plus the fact they have the post cap and a SF position available should LBJ want to play in Philly, that pick might not be all that great. This way we pick #22 and #23 if we stay put which gives us a great chance to land some key players at any position as well as still have a pick later in the draft to take a project style player who could develope in the D-League"

Rumors are the Suns attempted to trade the #1 Overall pick as well as PF Markieff Morris to Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge and Wesley Matthews, but that Dezaron refused to even take the call because he was laughing to hard when his assistant told him the news.

So the Suns ended up taking Marcus Smart from Oklahoma State.. The Lakers then surprised everyone by take bigman J. Embrid with the #2 pick passing on Wiggins and Parker, leaving Philly to make a decision on which one, and they end up going for Parker.

Utah moved quickly taking Australia SG D. Exum with the #4 pick, leaving most to assume Orlando would pick Wiggins at #5, but the Magic's GM was quickly on the phone to Dezaron offering the #5 as well as Orlando's 1st Round pick in 2015 for SG Wesley Matthews and the Blazers pick at #22.

With Matthews making 7.25 mil and in the last year of his contract, the move was a no brainer for Dezaron as he gives Portland 16.71 Mil under the cap.

Dezaron
Quote:
"Actually it was alot harder then one might think. I really like Wesley as a player but the reality is there are some good SG's that are hitting the F.A. Market this year as well, plus I believe CJ still has the ability to be a starter for our team."
As soon as the trade was announced, Portland also announced their pick of SF Andrew Wiggins.

With Wiggins off the board 6-10 looks like this

#6 New Orleans- SG N. Stauskas-Michigan
#7 Toronto- SG J. Young-Kentucky
#8 Sacramento-SF A. Gordon-Arizona
#9 Memphis-PG S. Napier-UConn
#10 Dallas-PG S. Christon-Xavier

#11-22 looks like this

#11 Cleveland-SG G. Harris-Michigan State
#12 Boston-SF TJ Warren-NC State
#13 Atlanta-PF Noah Vonleh-Indiana
#14 New Jersey-SG PJ Hariston-UNC
#15 Detroit-PF A. Payne-Michigan State
#16 Indiana-SG S. Kilpatrick-Cincinnati
#17 New York-SF R. Hood-Duke
#18 Milwaukee-SG N. Johnson-Arizona
#19 Washington-C I. Austin-Baylor
#20 Denver-SG Markel Brown-Oklahoma State
#21 Golden State-SG Spencer Dinwiddie-Colorado
#22 Orlando-PG Deonte Burton-Nevada

With the #23 Overall pick Portland had a chance to draft Doug McDermott but with Wiggins already selected at #5, Ryne Dezaron went with Wiggins college teammate taking 6'9 PF Julius Randle

Dezaron
Quote:
"We are extremely excited to land Randle this late in the draft. We believe he will be a big upgrade behind LMA at PF and could play side by side with him against smaller lineups"

The rest of Round 1 looks like this #24-30

#24 Clippers-SF KJ Daniels-Clemson
#25 Bobcats-SF Doug McDermott-Creighton
#26 Thunder-SG Jordan Adams-UCLA
#27 T-Wolves-SF Okaro White-FSU
#28 Heat-SF J. Grant-Syracuse
#29 Bulls-SF DeAndre Daniels-UConn
#30 T-Wolves-PG Kyle Anderson-UCLA

Comments by Deuce2223
Quote:
Overall I thought the 1st Round was pretty solid. I love the fact Wiggins and Randle fell to Portland. I thought the Heat did a pretty decent job finding a solid SF at #28 and I really like the Bulls pick of Daniels at #29. Biggest ??? of the draft has to be Golden State taking Dinwiddie, with Thompson and Barnes already on the roster.

2ND ROUND

In the 2nd Round, Portland made another huge move giving up the #23 pick as well as a 2nd Round in 2015 to move up 10 spots to #13 selecting PG Elfrid Payton from Louisana-Lafayette. Payton however was a Blazer for less then 5 minutes as he was quickly dealt to Detroit who was picking #15. The Piston's wanted Payton badly viewing him a potential replacement for Brandon Jennings in 2 years I guess, as they offer up their 1st Round Pick in 2015.

With the #15 pick, Portland stuck with the PG position going with Missouri's Jordan Clarkson who at 6'5 has the size to also play some SG and even SF.

Dezaron
Quote:
"I really liked what I have heard about Payton. But we really liked Clarkson alot and had heard Detroit was high on Payton. It worked to our advantage to take the player they wanted and then work out a trade. I never thought they would go as high as giving up their #1 next season. That gives us 3 #1 picks next year in a draft that is almost as deep as this one."
OTHER NOTEABLE 2ND ROUND PICKS

Suns take PF J. Stokes from Tennessee
Jazz reunite Burke with Michigan teammate Glen Robinson III.
Philly takes SF Jakarr Sampson from St John
Houston takes PG A. Craft
Lakers take PG J. Carson
New Orleans takes 7'2 J. Bachynski from ASU
Kings takes PG T. Ennis
Raptors takes C. Baristow from New Mexico
Memphis takes L. Ross from Ohio State
Boston takes Z. Lavine from UCLA
Cleveland takes Cleanthony Early from Wichita State (Sorry Storm went 2 picks before me)
Dallas picks PG Russ Smith from Louisville
New Jersey takes PF K. Birch from UNLV
Jazz takes SF Rosco Smith from UNLV
Rockets take C. Capela a 6'11 bigman from Switzerland, 6'9 PF Cory Jefferson from Baylor and PG Bryce Cotton from Providence
Denver takes SG Jabai Brown from Missouri
Warriors take another SG in Roy Marble from Iowa
Hawks take SF M. Ejim from Iowa State
Bobcats take Fuquan Edwin from Seton Hall
Clippers take SG J. McRae from Tennessee
Thunder take SG B. Heslip from Baylor
T-Wolves take M. Hezonja a 6'7 SG from Croatia
Spurs take 6'10 PF B. Portis from Arkansas
Boston takes 6'9 James McAdoo from UNC
Rockets take 6'10 D. Saric from Croatia.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:33 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

As Free Agency kicked off, Portland had 11 players under contract after letting PF T. Booker leave as well as PG K. Hinrich, SG Jimmer Fredette and PF Tyrus Thomas, leaving the team with 12.40 million of cap space as well as a 2.79 MLE available. With young players at SG, as well as backup PG and backup PF and C, rumors were GM Ryne Dezaron was looking for some veteran presence to help mentor some of the youth on the team. With SG Wesley Matthews gone to Orlando, most assumed that Jimmer Fredette would be a option at coming back to the team a well.

A LOOK AT THE TOP-5 AT EACH POSITION IN FREE AGENCY

(Overalls)

POINT GUARD

Kyle Lowery (83)
Isaiah Thomas (82)
Devin Harris (77)
DJ Augustin (75),Ramon Sessions (75), R. Beaubois (75)
A. Brooks (74)

SHOOTING GUARD

Lance Stephenson (83)
Jordan Crawford (77) Restricted FA
Rodney Stuckey (77)
Shannon Brown (75)
Vince Carter (75), Ben Gordan (75)

SMALL FORWARD

Lebron James (99)
Evan Turner (82) Restricted
Paul Pierce (81)
Danny Granger (81)
Caron Butler (78),Michael Beasley (78)

POWER FOWARD

Greg Monroe (83) Restricted
Patrrick Patterson (83) Retstricted
Elton Brand (75), Ed Davis (75) Restricted, Glenn Davis (75)
M. Spreights (74) Restricted

CENTER

M. Gortat (78)
V. Faverani (75)
A. Varejao (75)
C. Kaman (73)
K. Seraphin (71), Restricted, J. O'Neil (71)
Old 05-06-2014, 04:11 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

LEBRON SIGNS WITH LAKERS

In what can only be described as strange and a complete mystery. The King has gone to Hollywood signing a 3 year deal worth 63.63 million. But what's even strangers is Kobe is no where to be found (not on the roster or any roster and not in F.A.?)

PORTLAND ADDS 4 PLAYERS TO ROSTER

The Trail Blazers and new GM Ryne Dezaron are not stopping at the happiness of making the 2nd Round of the Playoffs and are looking to be a Western Conference Favorite after making a huge splash in Free Agency.

First Portland moved quickly to fill the void created by trading Wesley Matthews by signing both Rodney Stuckey to a 2 yr contract worth 9.9 million (flat rate or 4.45 per season) as well well as 6th man Jerryd Bayless to a 3 year deal worth 13.87 million.

Portland then went big adding Center Chris Kaman to a 1 year deal worth 2.5 million and 6'10 SF/PF Earl Clark to a 1 year 2.05 million dollar deal.

Dezaron
Quote:
"We are extremely excited about all 4 players. Stuckey has been a double digit scorer since his 2nd year and his a career 30% 3pt shooter including 37% last season. Jerryd started his career in Portland after a trade back in 08 brought him here and we are glad to have him back. He is a career 36% 3pt shooter and can play both guard spots. Clark was brought in to challenge Dorell Wright for some PT but it's doubtful both will be around come opening day. Especially with Wiggins and Randle both expected to play major minutes. Kaman proved last year when given a chance to start with the Lakers he could still post huge #'s (18.6 PPG and 10.5 RPG). I didn't expect him to sign for as little as he did. With him in the mix, we will listen to offers for either Lopez but with their current contracts we don't need to move either one"

OTHER FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

Lakers-Sign Antawn Jamison, Kenyon Martin, Shannon Brown, Ben Gordon, Kyle Lowry and Jordan Hill

Heat-Sign Greg Oden, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Michael Beasley, Glen Davis and Stephen Jackson

Bulls-Sign B. Haywood,R. Beaubois, Ronnie Brewer

76ers-Sign Jermaine O'Neil,V. Faverani, Vince Carter, Lance Stephenson

Warriors-Resign M. Spieghts, Jordan Crawford

Nets-Sign Corey Magette and Shawn Marion

Cav's-Sign Caron Butler and Danny Granger

Celtics-Sign R. Sessions, M. Gortat, A. Varejao

Pacers-Resign Evan Turner to a 3 year deal (23.83 Mil)

Bucks-Sign Isaiah Thomas 3 year deal worth 24 mil

Memphis resigns Ed Davis to a 4 year deal worth 16 mil

Hawks sign Paul Pierce to a 1 year 4.99 mil deal

Pistons resign Greg Monroe to a 3 year 26.35 mil deal

Wizards sign Anrew Bynum to a 4 year 42 million dealand K. Seraphin to a 1 yer 3.9 mil

Mav's resign D. Blair 3 yr 9 mil and Devin Harris 2 yr 7.6 mil

Magic resign J. Nelson to a 3 yr 5.48 mil
Old 05-06-2014, 04:17 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

KOBE BRYANT SPOTTED IN SAN ANTONIO

Kobe upset at the signing of Lebron instead of embracing the idea of more rings, bolts town and is found Texas where he has joined the Tony Parker in the Spurs backcourt. It's been confirmed he has opted out of his deal with L.A. and instead will make less then 4 million playing for San Antonio this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #22
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

That draft was interesting, I'm surprised that Randle fell out of the top ten. With the class I use, he usually goes number four or five overall. Sixers signing Vince Carter and Lance Stephenson in the offseason will be interesting, they might make the playoffs this season.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
That draft was interesting, I'm surprised that Randle fell out of the top ten. With the class I use, he usually goes number four or five overall. Sixers signing Vince Carter and Lance Stephenson in the offseason will be interesting, they might make the playoffs this season.
I was completely shocked with how the draft went. I had a couple offers to move up from #23, but stuck with it because there were 4 players I really liked that were still there. In my first go around, there were no bigs left that I really liked by the time it got to even my first pick. Losing Matthews was hard, but I really liked the pickup of Stuckey and Bayless as replacements for the next 2 years which gives me a chance to either see if CJ is capable of starting or I will just keep using SG as a spot to fill with F.A. year after year.

My goal now with 3 First Round picks is to package them for the #1 next year and go after Okafor, or maybe use them to land a already established bigman.

Another thing I love about College Hoops is not having to worry about a Cap. So we will see what happens.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Ton's of good stuff on Page 2. Hope to gain some readers/comments.

I am getting ready to start Year 2 today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »