Home

Rip City Up Rise-2k14 XBox360

This is a discussion on Rip City Up Rise-2k14 XBox360 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Rip City Up Rise-2k14 XBox360

BLAZERS RELEASE 3 AND SIGN 1

Going into summer, most Blazer fans assumed that either Earl Clark or Dorrel Wright wouldn't be with the team when Portland took the court on opening night against the Thunder. Well neither will be, as both are released. Joining them also is 2nd year SG Allen Crabbe. .

Looking to take their spot will former 1st Round pick 6'11 Austin Daye who comes back to the Northwest having played his college ball at Gonzaga. Daye spent last season in San Antonio where he averaged 7 MPG scoring 4.6 PPG well shooting 39% from 3pt. However both 10-11, and 12-13, Daye shot over 40% from beyond the arc. Well some would say he is basically the same player as Wright/Clark, you are correct the only difference here is he is a player GM Ryne Dezaron wanted on his team

With the roster moves, Portland now has 13 players on the current roster. Here is a inside look at how the minutes are projected to breakdown.

STARTERS

PG D. Lillard (90)- After winning the NBA ROY, Lillard followed up by averaging 18.0 PPG and 6.9 APG last season well raising his 3pt% to 40%, starting 77 games out of 82. He is projected to play 30-35 minutes this season and one of 2 stars on this team.

SG R. Stuckey (78)-Stuckey was signed this off-season to a 2 year contract to be the replacement for last year's starter Wesley Matthews who was traded to Orlando. Since the 08-09 season Stuckey has averaged double digits after being selected in the 1st Round out of Eastern Washington. He has the starter label and should play around 30 minutes a game, but look for him to be pushed by 2nd year man CJ McCollum and 6th man J. Bayless.

SF N. Batum (82)-Batum has spent his entire career in Portland after being picked by Houston in the 08 Draft. Last year he started all 82 games and averaged 13.7 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.1 BPG and shot 39% from 3PT. However with the drafting of Andrew Wiggins with the #5 pick in the draft, this time in Portland could be coming to a end. For as long as Batum is around expect him to get between 25-30 MPG.

PF L. Aldridge (86)-The other Star on the team. LMA like Batum has always called Portland home and if fans and GM Ryne Dezaron get their wish, he always will. In his 9 year career he has a 18.5 PPG, 8.1 RPG, and 1.0 BPG average, however last year he broke out and finished the year with his first double double season averaging 19.5 PPG and 10.0 BPG starting 82 games. For Portland to be able to create enough cap space to keep LMA one would assume that Batum and possibly Robin Lopez will be shipped out of town by the trade deadline. LMA is projected to join Lillard by playing around 35 MPG.

C R. Lopez (72)- Lopez has the the starer title, but should see around 25 MPG which is what he played last year starting 82 games well finishing with a 8.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG and 1.3 BPG average. He will be pushed by F.A. signee Chris Kaman for minutes in the post.

THE BENCH

PG/SG J. Bayless (75)- He signed a 3 year deal to be the teams 6th man after bouncing around the elague the past 4 years since leaving Portland in 2010. (Played in Boston, Memphis, Toronto and New Orleans). For his career he has averaged 18.6 MPG well scoring 8.7 PPG. He is projected to get similar minutes here (20). Time will tell if he can make the most of them.

SG CJ McCollum (79)-The 10th Overall pick in the 2013 draft, CJ had a pretty bland rooking year averaging 13.9 MPG scoring 6.8 PPG well shooting 35% from 3pt. He should get similar minutes to start the year 10-15, but if he can prove capable of handing more, he could push Stucky or Bayless for their jobs leaving many to wonder why Dezaron signed them.

SF A. Wiggins (77)- The #5 pick of the draft, many believe Wiggins could've went #1 Overall. At 6'8 194 lbs, he has the the skills to and size to play both SG and PF as well giving Coach Stotts some flexibility. Expect Wiggins to play around 20 MPG unless Batum is traded in which he would take over the starting job.

PF J. Randle (75)-Picked #23 Overall. Randle at 6'9 250lbs has the beef to bang down low with in the post and should see around 20 MPG well backing up LMA and playing some center, getting around 15-20 MPG.

Center C Kaman (74)-Kaman is now a 12 year pro and 32 years old since being the #6 Overall in the 2003 draft out of Central Michigan by the Clippers. After spending 8 years in L.A. Kaman went to New Orleans in 11-12 and then Dallas in 12-13 before returning to Los Angles to play in the Purple and Gold where he put up his best #'s of his career (18.6 PPG, 10.5 RPG and 1.3 BPG). He will push Lopez for minutes well trying to hold off Randle, but having signed just a 1 year deal, one has to wonder how long he will be in Portland. He is expected to play around 15-20 MPG

RESERVES

Technically SF A. Daye (67), C Meyers Leonard (64) and PG J. Clarkson (67) will rotate between the #11,#12 and Reserve Role. Daye and Leonard will see the bulk of the action and start the year active with Clarkson going to the D-League. Expect none to see more then around 5 MPG.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 05-06-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #26
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

STACKED bench.

When did Randle (KY) play with Wiggins (KAN) in college? What a draft for you!

Gee, Stauskas goes high a lot.

Conference finals at least for you this year.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
STACKED bench.

When did Randle (KY) play with Wiggins (KAN) in college? What a draft for you!

Gee, Stauskas goes high a lot.

Conference finals at least for you this year.
Yeah I am not sure what Crack Koolaid I was drinking last night at 2 am when I typed that and yes the bench seems much better this year in terms of Overall talent.

It will be a interesting season. The Thunder didn't really do anything to their roster and neither did the T-Wolves in the division, but the Lakers should be vastly improved with LBJ and the cast of veterans they loaded up with. Still can't believe Kobe left. What a cry baby.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #28
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Yeah I am not sure what Crack Koolaid I was drinking last night at 2 am when I typed that and yes the bench seems much better this year in terms of Overall talent.

It will be a interesting season. The Thunder didn't really do anything to their roster and neither did the T-Wolves in the division, but the Lakers should be vastly improved with LBJ and the cast of veterans they loaded up with. Still can't believe Kobe left. What a cry baby.
AH, that Crack Koolaid line may have been my favourite of the night. May have to give Trey Youngblood +2 OVR for that. Do you also find yourself going on drunken stupors and hanging out with brother Doug while being turned away at the US border? (Yes, Rob Ford.)
Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

RIP CITY OPENS UP NEW YEAR WITH 2 ROAD WINS!!

@

Despite holding the Thunder to just 9 points in the 1st Quarter, Oklahoma City would battle back scoring 46 in the 4th but just come up short as Portland wins Game 1 of the 2014-2014 season.

FINAL SCORE PORTLAND 108 OKLAHOMA 102

KEY PLAYERS

N. Batum led the Blazers with 19 pts hitting 4/7 from 3pt
D. Lilliard had a double double with 18 pts and 10 assist despite going just 1/7 from 3pt.
J. Bayless had 17 pts in his return to a Blazers uniform, well C. Kaman had 12 pts off the bench as well.
LMA added 12 pts 7 reb and 5 assist.

Westbrook had 27 pts and 7 assists in the loss. Durant had 22 pts 6 reb and 8 assists and S. Ibaka had a double double with 15 pts and 14 reb.

@

Portland overcomes a (57-53) halftime score by taking a 6 point lead into the 4th, but the game wasn't decided until the final shot. Tied (107-107) LaMarcus Aldridge "LMA" comes up huge as he hits the game winner in the lane to start Portland 2-0 on the year.

FINAL SCORE PORTLAND-109 UTAH-107

KEY PLAYERS

LMA is named POG as he posts a double double with 17 pts and 14 reb. He also had 3 assists, 2 steals and 2 blks.

Batum added 17, Kaman had another big game off the bench with 16 pts and 6 reb, well Lillard had 15 pts and 7 asissts

Hayward led the Jazz with 24 pts hitting 4/6 from 3pt. Trey Burke had 13 pts 10 reb and 6 assists.

NEXT UP PORTLAND TRAVELS HOME TO PLAY THE SUNS
Old 05-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #30
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Timeout... the T-Wolves won the championship last season... I've got some friends who would go absolutely insane if that actually happened in real life.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Timeout... the T-Wolves won the championship last season... I've got some friends who would go absolutely insane if that actually happened in real life.

Yeah pretty crazy.. I have family in Minnesota too. I remember when they first came into the league way back in the day. When I was in high school I joined the marching band because they were going to L.A. to march in the Disneyland parade, and the band director took us to a Lakers game the night they were playing Minnesota. The T-Wolves were down by like 30 at the half, so in the 2nd half but every time they scored in the 2nd half we would howl as loud as we could to support them. They still lost but the final score as 131 to 121, so I feel like we helped. We were asked several times by Laker fans to sit down and shut up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #32
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Yeah pretty crazy.. I have family in Minnesota too. I remember when they first came into the league way back in the day. When I was in high school I joined the marching band because they were going to L.A. to march in the Disneyland parade, and the band director took us to a Lakers game the night they were playing Minnesota. The T-Wolves were down by like 30 at the half, so in the 2nd half but every time they scored in the 2nd half we would howl as loud as we could to support them. They still lost but the final score as 131 to 121, so I feel like we helped. We were asked several times by Laker fans to sit down and shut up.
That's awesome. At the old Great Western Forum, I assume? I loved that old arena... Staples Center just isn't quite the same.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »