Home

Reborn: A Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty (MyLeague NBA 2k15 PS4)

This is a discussion on Reborn: A Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty (MyLeague NBA 2k15 PS4) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #25
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Reborn: A Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty (MyLeague NBA 2k15 PS4)

Just a little something to get you guys excited for the first season.... enjoy!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #26
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Working on a post, it should be up tonight. There's a bit of a time advance, so be prepared for that.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:33 AM   #27
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

June 6th, 2000

5 more minutes, then its 2 months of freedom, Parker. 5 more minutes, Parker thought. The school year flew by, and what a year it was. The Lakers had been on fire all year, cruising through the regular season to a league-best 67-15 record. Kobe broke out into a legitimate all-star, and great complement to Shaq, who was a freak of nature, as usual. They finished off the Blazers two days ago and were headed to the Finals, and the title was within reach. Best of all, Parker got to go to at least 20 games this year, including 4 playoff games. Then of course, outside of basketball, he managed to keep his grades high, and made All A’s both semesters.Then of course there’s Melanie. He and Melanie’s relationship took off. Parker couldn’t wait for class to end. Melanie told him she had a surprise for him after school today, and he was so excited he could barely sit still.

The bell rang.

A big smile grew across Parker’s face, and many of the students in the class were laughing and cheering, ready for summer to begin, finally. Parker got up, grabbed his things and headed to his locker, emptied out his locker,and headed to Melanie’s. He tapped her shoulder, and she turned around, grinned and threw her arms around him.

“Hey.” Parker said.

“Hey.” Melanie said

“So what’s this big surprise you’ve got for me?”

“I’ve got some really great news. So my parents own a beach house in Malibu, right?”

“Yeah, sure.” He said, a little confused.

“Well my mom said I could go and spend a week there, and I got permission to invite you. Isn’t that great!”

“A week in a beach house in Malibu with you? Are you’re parents gonna be there?”

“That’s the best part. No adults. It’s just you and me.”

“Really? That’s great! I’m definitely in, but how the hell did you get your dad to say okay to that?”

“He wasn’t to keen on it at first, but my mom wore him down.”

“Haven’t heard that before.” He said sarcastically, and they both laughed. “So when is this gonna be?”

“We leave next Monday.”

"Sounds great to me.”

“It’s gonna be so fun, Parker!”

“I’m stunned. I can’t believe your parents would—“

“I know I was surprised too. Anyway, I have to go, my parents are probably waiting, and you have to catch the bus, so, love you, I’ll see you Monday!” She gave him a quick kiss and hurried off.

A week in Malibu? Just the two of us? How did I get so lucky? Parker thought, smiling wide as he headed to the bus.

—————————————————

“School’s Out!” Parker shouted as he walked through the door. His mom greeted him at the door and hugged him.

“How was school?” She said.

“It was great, but even better now that it’s over.”

“I bet.”

“Is Dad home?”

“No, he’ll be home for dinner though.”

“Okay. So, Mom, Melanie invited me to go to Malibu for a week next week. Can I go?”

“Sure, I’m sure you’ll have a great time.”

“Awesome. Thanks Mom. So I’m gonna head over to Jack’s house, he said he wanted to hang out today.”

“Alright, have fun! Be back for dinner!”

“I will, Bye!” Parker headed out the door, and down the block to Jack’s house.

—————————————————

“Hey, Park, what’s up?”

“Not much, what about you?”

“Just psyched for the Laker’s game tomorrow. 4 more wins, that’s all we need.”

“Yeah. I’m going to the game Friday, I’m so stoked for that.”

“You’re going! That’s crazy!”

"I have an extra ticket if you’re interested.”

“You always do this to me, god! I would love to but I’m going to visit family in New Orleans.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Besides, shouldn’t you be taking your future wife to the game anyway?”

“What so I’m able to keep a girl for more than a week and now I’m getting married?” Parker said.

“Dude you’ve been with her for more than half a year. That’s longer than all my relationships combined.”

“It’s 7 months and 3 days, actually, but that’s not the point. I don’t get why you give me sh*t for it.”

“It’s not a bad thing, Park. It’s great. But I’ve known you since we were in diapers, I’m gonna bust your balls about everything, get used to it.” They laughed.

“Alright, so what do you wanna do?” Parker said. He walked into his garage, came back inside, and chucked a basketball at me.

“Let’s ball.”

“Dude, c’mon, your the starting varsity point guard as a freshman. I don’t have chance.”

“Yeah, but it’ll be fun for me. Now get off you’re a$$ and let’s go!”

“Alright, alright, sheesh.” Parker got off his couch and they went outside.

“Oh, by they way, Jack, I'm going to Malibu with Melanie next week.”

“Like with her family? You're going on a vacation with them? I thought her dad hated you? Or, at least hates that you're dating his daughter.”

“It's better than that. It's not her family. It's just her and me in a beach house in Malibu.”

“What? How the hell did you pull that off?”

"I didn't. She set it up and she got her parents to say yes."

"Sh*t man. So are you finally gonna hit it yet or what?"

"C'mon man!"

"I'm just saying, it's been 7 months, and you haven't yet."

"Well it's not for lack of trying. I almost had it back in November but her f*cking mom walked in! Then the same thing happened but with her brother two weeks later! It's not my fault I have the sh*ttiest luck with that stuff ever!"

"Fine, fine. But I mean, it's a week where you guys are by yourselves, no parents, no nothing, if you can't find a way to make it happen that's kinda sad."

"Just because you're a star athlete and have cheerleaders climbing all over you all the time doesn't mean—"

"Alright, whatever calm down. Now come on, are we gonna shoot hoops or what?"

"Yeah let's go."
Old 11-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #28
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

All caught up: Parker, don't get pressured into doing anything TOO fast now, young sir. The beach house is a great thing but screams a bit like a set up to me ... I'm wondering if Melaine's dad is staking the place out, just waiting to pounce.

Love the videos, by the way. Looking forward to more.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #29
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
All caught up: Parker, don't get pressured into doing anything TOO fast now, young sir. The beach house is a great thing but screams a bit like a set up to me ... I'm wondering if Melaine's dad is staking the place out, just waiting to pounce.

Love the videos, by the way. Looking forward to more.
Hahahaha. That'd be interesting.

I'll probably make a preview video with just Lakers highlights closer to the season. The videos will add another layer, I think, to this dynasty. If I can get final cut pro on my mac that'll be even better because making videos in iMovie can get repetitive because there are so few options. Also, I may record full games too, if that's something you guys would be into.

Glad you are enjoying the dynasty
Old 12-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #30
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Alright guys, quick update. I have a storyline post in the works, I'm not sure when it will come out but it will be out when it's ready. Also, I plan on posting some non-storyline stuff while continuing and eventually finishing the rest of the story that takes place in the past. So you will be seeing basketball-related posts from 2014 and story posts from the past at the same time, which may seem confusing but it'll be fine. Just a little something to be aware of. I will be posting stuff related to the season preview of the Lakers and the rest of the NBA for the 2014-15 season, since I don't want to fall too far behind the NBA IRL. I'll keep it coming soon, so be prepared for that. I won't be starting the season until the Hyperballer/DCAllAmerican Roster drops, but I'll at least be prepared to start right away when that roster drops.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #31
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

LA Lakers 2014-15 Season Preview

By Parker Young
October 1st, 2014

I always try to be optimistic.

I come into every year saying, "well maybe if this and this happens, The Lakers could really do something this year."

Most years, that's true. Most years, Kobe Bryant isn't a suddenly human-looking 36 year old man coming off two season ending injuries. Most years, Nick Young isn't our second best player and our big offseason acquisition isn't Jeremy Lin.

This is not most years.

This year, things are going to be ugly.

The Lakers are entering a season where Carlos Boozer represents our best big man. They hired Byron Scott who has outlawed the 3-point shot (does he not realize that it's worth an extra point?). Kobe has proven people wrong before, but he would have to average 40 points a night to drag this team to relevance. I've followed the Lakers professionally for 8 years and as a fan for more than 2 decades. This is the worst collection of talent the Lakers have put together that I have ever seen.

I think Kobe comes back strong, I do. However, I think the Lakers are going to be perennially bad.

The Lineup

PG: Jeremy Lin
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Nick Young
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Jordan Hill
6th: Julius Randle
Bench: G Steve Nash, C Ed Davis, F Wes Johnson, G Xavier Henry, G Jordan Clarkson, F Ryan Kelly, C Bob Sacre
Reserves: G Wayne Ellington G Ronnie Price

Jeremy Lin and Steve Nash will count 18 million dollars combined against the cap this year. Steve Nash may not even play and Lin is certainly not a great point guard. Kobe is 36 years old and is coming off two season ending injuries. Nick Young is, well, he's Nick Young.

Carlos Boozer was an all-NBA big man... in 2008. He's now an old, replacement-level offensive big man and a defensive sieve. Jordan Hill rounds out the Starting 5, and he's shown some flashes of talent, but has yet to put it together. At 27 years old, it doesn't look like things are going to change any time soon. It's possible that this team could be the worst defensive team ever assembled. Kobe can still fill it up (maybe) but that's not going to be enough. It'll be an uphill battle to get to 25 wins. Kobe is going to be very frustrated this year with all the losing. However, with him likely chucking 30 shots a night, he should have a solid scoring season.

The starting 5 doesn't look good, obviously, and the bench isn't any better. Nash is probably not going to play this year. Julius Randle has yet to play an NBA minute and, although he is talented, there is no telling how he'll play this year as he adjusts to the pro game. Even with the most optimistic view of the rest of the bench, those players are all 11th men or worse at this point in their careers. Ryan Kelly may develop into a Ryan Anderson-lite one day, but that's being optimistic and is not likely to happen any time soon.

Kobe has proved people wrong before, but it'd be an act of the basketball gods if this team showed any life this year. It pains me as a lifelong fan to see the team in such dire straits, but hopefully there is a brighter future ahead of us, beyond this season.

PROJECTION: 23-59, miss playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #32
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

^An accurate prediction. Also, I have responded to your PM (sorry it took so long!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »