Home

Dinoland | Toronto Raptors

This is a discussion on Dinoland | Toronto Raptors within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Dinoland | Toronto Raptors

The wait for NBA 2K16 has finally gotten to me, and without a up-to-date basketball game, I had to find an alternative to use until the NBA 2K16 release. And so, I present to you: Dinoland | The Toronto Raptors! So as I wait for the release of NBA 2K16, I have decided to run a simulation Toronto Raptors franchise using Basketball GM, a basketball simulation engine that is very in-depth. I feel like this will be a good experience, as I will no longer be able to directly control what is going on on the court, and will have to rely on my smart (or lack thereof) transactions and decisions in order to push the Raptors into the playoffs. This will not be the first time that I have done a NBA dynasty, but it will be the first with Basketball GM, so this should be fun!

Game: Basketball GM
Rosters: 2014-2015 NBA Rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Re: Dinoland | Toronto Raptors

Raptors Release 2014-2015 Opening Night Roster

The Toronto Raptors released their 2014-2015 opening night rosters today, and there were not many surprises. Kyle Lowry will guide the Raptors offence once again, and will be supported by driving shooting guard Demar Derozan. The biggest surprise was the Raptors' decision to keep rookie Bruno Caboclo on the big squad's roster for the start of the season. The Raptors open up their season at home against the Pheonix Suns tomorrow night, with a special performance by Drake at the Air Canada Centre before the game.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Raptors Take Season Opener Over Suns

The Toronto Raptors kicked off their 2014-2015 season with a resounding 113-104 win over the Phoenix Suns at home. Jonas Valanciunas lead the Raptors offence with 21 points, and Demar Derozan and Terrance Ross each had 18 points to push the Raptors to their first win of the season.

The Suns got an 18 point contribution from guard Brandon Knight, accompanied with a pair of 17 point performances from point guard eric Bledsoe and Gerald Green.

Things were looking good mid-way through the third quarter until the Suns decided to step-up, outscoring 34-25 in the quarter while taking the lead. However, the scrappy Raptors squad was not going to go down without a fight, and proceeded to outscore the Suns 27-18 in the final frame to take the victory. The Raptors go on the road to take on the Deron Williams and the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Centre Thursday night, with tip-off at 7:00 PM ET.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:33 PM   #4
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Raptors Fall To Nets In Playoff Rematch

As if losing to the Brooklyn Nets in Game 7 of the first round of the playoffs wasn't bad enough, the Toronto Raptors fell at the hands of the Nets once again in a 106-105 loss on the road.

Thaddeus Young came up big for the Nets, scoring 29 points while shooting 10 for 13 from the field. Point guard Deron Williams helped to pace the Nets offence with 15 points and four assists, an uncharacteristically unproductive night for Williams, who averaged nearly 25 points per game last season.

Greivis Vasquez carried the Raptors offence off the bench, scoring 21 points in 26 minutes, more than any starter. Demar Derozan lead all Toronto starters with a mere 12 points, showing why they lost. "The starters play more for a reason. You have to be productive when you're on the floor," said a frustrated Dwayne Casey after the game.

The loss drops the Raptors' early season record to an even 1-1 as they prepare to take on the Lebron-less Miami Heat, who roll into town looking to pick up their second win of the season.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

What sliders are you using?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
What sliders are you using?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Basketball GM does have/use sliders.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Strong Start Pushes Raptors To Victory
The Toronto Raptors pulled out their second win of the season last night against the Miami Heat thanks to a strong by Demar Derozan, who scored 21 points in the win.

The Raptors got things off to a good start, taking a whopping 34-14 lead in the first quarter thanks mainly in part due to a 20-3 run to start the quarter. Kyle Lowry scored 11 points and added 9 assists to go along with 4 rebounds to guide the Raptors offence, who fell at the hands of Thaddeus Young and Brooklyn Nets two nights ago.

Heat point guard Goran Dragic lead the team with 19 points and six assists, while Chris Bosh and Mario Chalmers each had 15 points of their own.

The Raptors kick off the start of a six game road trip tomorrow night against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #8
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Derozan Scores Season High 25, Raptors Top 76ers

Demar Derozan lead the Toronto Raptors to their third win of the season, scoring 25 points to accompany nine rebounds as the Toronto Raptors beat the Philadelphia 76ers 102-76.

The Raptors never trailed once in the game, holding the lead from the tip-off to the final buzzer. "The third quarter was real important for us," said coach Dwayne Casey. "We managed to keep our foot on the gas and pull away."

Isaiah Canaan scored 18 points for the 76ers, who have lost three straight games to start the season, and now sit at 0-3. Robert Covington scored a team high 20 points in 32 minutes off the bench, setting his career high in points in a single game.

The Raptors continue their six game road trip as they head into Phoenix to take on the Suns. The Raptors beat the Suns 113-104 at the Air Canada Centre in the season opener for both clubs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »