Home

Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

This is a discussion on Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #201
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSideNZ
Blitzed this entire thread today lol. An absolute dream man love every aspect of it.

Keep it up cause i look forward to continuing the read. I check for an update on every break at work throughout the day lol.

Also s/o to dynasty josh for dropping the SimWorld name. Appreciate that.

Not gonna plug the project at all but if you went fictional later and chose ours i would love to see that play out.

Good luck with the rest of the playoffs
*bows* Much thanks. I really do appreciate all the feedback and compliments, helps fuel the whole thing.

I plan to go the full 80 years with this MyLeague (as far as I'm unaware, it's never been done), so I will definitely be using fictional draft classes down the line and have been impressed so far with yours.

Thanks for the comments and keeping the faith. Stay tuned today as we catch up with Max and maybe get some Game 2 action (if time allows).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #202
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
*bows* Much thanks. I really do appreciate all the feedback and compliments, helps fuel the whole thing.

I plan to go the full 80 years with this MyLeague (as far as I'm unaware, it's never been done), so I will definitely be using fictional draft classes down the line and have been impressed so far with yours.

Thanks for the comments and keeping the faith. Stay tuned today as we catch up with Max and maybe get some Game 2 action (if time allows).
I plan on doing the exact same thing man. Hopefully, may have to pass on 2k17 lol I'd like to bring back the Vancouver Grizzlies though.

Appreciate the compliment.

Looking forward to the update!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #203
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSideNZ
I plan on doing the exact same thing man. Hopefully, may have to pass on 2k17 lol I'd like to bring back the Vancouver Grizzlies though.

Appreciate the compliment.

Looking forward to the update!
It's almost a certainty that I will pass on 2K17. I tend to get 2Ks every other year and this game pretty much demands 2 years of play unless 17 is amazeballs better.

Last edited by trekfan; 10-20-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #204
Rookie

MegaBran's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

Just wondering, trekfan do you realize the class he is talking about is on Xbox One? Also if you do realize, is there a way to transfer the class from Xbox to PC? Just looking out for you since I know you play on PC like me. Go Sonics!
Old 10-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #205
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBran
Just wondering, trekfan do you realize the class he is talking about is on Xbox One? Also if you do realize, is there a way to transfer the class from Xbox to PC? Just looking out for you since I know you play on PC like me. Go Sonics!
^Wow, completely missed that. That's what I get for doing research before I have my coffee in the morning.

Still, the classes and work are really impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #206
Rookie

MegaBran's Arena

Hopefully there will eventually be a way to transfer the files! But only time will tell
Old 10-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #207
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

April 27th, 2016

Cold. He was cold. His eyes fluttering open, the first thing he saw was white. Slowly, as his eyes gained focus, he could make out the divisions between the whiteness. Pulling his arm from behind him -- and his shoulder screaming at him for the effort -- Max placed his hand under him and pushed.

He managed to get himself on his side and immediately felt his stomach lurch. It only took a moment for whatever was sitting in it to come surging up his throat, but in the moment Max had found his way to the toilet and took aim.

Ten seconds later and he was empty again, a foul taste of ... something ... in his mouth.

He was in the bathroom of his office and he wasn't sure how he got there, but he vaguely recalled coming back there after last night's game.

At the thought of the game his stomach lurched again but it had nothing in it now. Max knelled there, head over the toilet, for what felt like another hour but was really only minutes. Slowly, he worked his way from his knees to a standing position.

Only when he stood did the headache hit and god it hit hard. He stumbled from his bathroom into his office, taking measured steps till he found his desk chair, and then allowed himself to fall into it.

He closed his eyes and ignored the dizziness. He remembered now why he was feeling so ill. He cracked one eye open and focused on his desk.

A half-drunken bottle of Jack Daniels greeted him.

"I hate you," he mumbled at the bottle -- and at himself -- before he allowed his eye to close and the darkness to overwhelm him. He fell asleep for a few hours before the sun started hitting his eyes, which roused him from his unpleasant slumber.

He didn't feel as bad this time, but he still felt like trash. Not feeling like he was going to hurl, he spun his chair towards his desk and tapped his mouse, waking his computer up from sleep mode.

Taking a deep breath, he focused on his screen and found his way to ESPN. The headline for last night's game was exactly as he thought.

"Sonics win," he said with a laugh. How? How in hell had they won?

Their 20-point lead had been turned to seven at the beginning of the fourth. The team was sputtering on offense and playing too loose on defense. Repeated timeouts from Hollins did nothing to slow the bleeding, they were losing the game and the scoreboard simply hadn't caught up to them yet.

The crowd was out of it and the Thunder were very much in the moment, playing their best ball. He was watching a nightmare and he knew Clay Bennett was sitting in one of the suites above him, laughing.

Beside him was Teddy and Gill, both as mortified as he was in their own ways. Teddy wasn't as invested in the hatred of the Thunder, but he didn't like them simply because their uniforms looked like "a baby drew it" which annoyed him.

Gill was disturbed because he was witnessing it in person. It was his first Sonics game, ever; Teddy had seen the two games against the Suns in the first round, so the plucky six-year old (soon to be seven in June) was schooling his father on what to do.

But Max was convinced all three of them were going to witness one of the most crushing defeats in all of Seattle sports history. He had never believed he'd be a part of such a thing -- victory was his goal -- but the basketball gods looked like they were going to be cruel.

And then the fourth quarter turned into a battle of fates, of destinies: it was like a struggle between gods was being waged on the court before them. The highs, the lows, the crushing misses and clutch makes ... all of it was too much, yet not enough.

They survived and made it to overtime: there, they stole the game back from the Thunder and sent every Sonics fan in that arena home exhausted.

Poor Teddy about fell asleep holding his father's hand after the game, the kid was so worn out. Gill looked like he had just run a marathon and Max felt shaky; after Gill and Teddy left, he had come up to his office for a steadying drink.

And it took half the bottle before he could stop his hands from shaking and his mind from screaming at him for how poorly he had constructed the team, how flawed he had made them that the squad nearly blew a 20-point lead in the most important playoff game since the '96 Finals -- and maybe more important than that.

Despite the win, the victory felt more like a set-up for an epic thrashing in Game 2. The Thunder, as a team, said all the right things; Westbrook took the blame for the loss, Durant backed up his star teammate, Donovan talked about how the team got too comfortable at the end, but all of it sounded by-the-book.

They were coming. They were coming and Max could feel it.

He stared a good minute at that bottle of Jack Daniels before he stood, picking it up and unscrewing its cap. The scent of the alcohol hit his nose and it only confirmed what he had to do.

He promptly took the bottle to the bathroom and poured it into the toilet. He made sure to flush and wash his hands, then walked back over to his desk and tossed the bottle in his recycling bin.

He wasn't about to let his fears control him; he'd seen what that could do to a person first-hand. He put on his jacket and left his office.

He was going to grab a big, juicy burger.

And then he was going to go do the one thing he knew would relax him and ease his fears.

He was going to play some basketball.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #208
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Sonics Falter in Game 2

April 28th, 2016

By Vonny Lee

The Sonics entered the fourth quarter of Game 2 with a precious four-point lead, built up over the third quarter through grit, grind, and the outstanding play of Hollis-Jefferson. RHJ was on fire from the floor, cutting and dunking his way past every Thunder defender there was.

But his play wasn't enough in a game where Kevin Durant was hitting every shot he took. Durant went 21-of-32 from the field, scoring 48 points in a dominating win by the Thunder. His fourth quarter was the best as the Thunder used him to double-team Jarrett Jack, who was dishing the rock at will, and Jack turned the ball over three times straight at the beginning of the fourth, wiping out the Sonics lead and putting them down two.

With Jack flustered, Russell Westbrook was given the green light to shoot. Westbrook took advantage of Jack and, rather than pull him, Coach Hollins kept the veteran point guard in the game. Jack's turnovers and poor defense in the fourth directly resulted in the Sonics loss.

But the blame doesn't fall just on him. Despite a star-level performance from RHJ, the Sonics got little help from their bench and Ray Allen, whose shooting late showed he was tired -- Allen missed multiple bunny layups and wide-open threes.

The Sonics were beaten in the fourth after a superb third quarter, an unusual reversal of fortunes for a team that has struggled all year coming out of halftime. Seattle has now lost homecourt advantage and the series becomes a best-of-five affair.

The Sonics travel to OKC tomorrow and play on the 30th there, an arena they have struggled in all season. Game 3 might well determine if they go home down 3-1, preparing for elimination, tied 2-2, or (the unlikeliest of scenarios) up 3-1 in a closeout game on their home floor.

The fate of the season likely hangs in the balance next game and all of Seattle is watching anxiously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »