Home

The Return to the Shore - A NBA 2K16 MyLeague Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Return to the Shore - A NBA 2K16 MyLeague Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:27 PM   #33
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Return to the Shore - A NBA 2K16 MyLeague Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes of hazel
In this new NBA, I think Young is worth 9/10 mil per.

I'm a big fan of Batum's game -- he doesn't disrupt the flow of the game on either side of the ball and contributes to both sides equally in 2k -- so I'm sad to see him go.

Uniforms are fire! Has Gay finally found a home to crack the ASG??????
Hey man! Awesome to see you reply here! Big fan of your Celtics dynasty.

1. Yeah, Thaddeus is around there in my mind too, maybe a little less ($8 mil?), but definitely not $12 mil per year. I'm happy I shredded (is that a word? it doesn't really sound right haha) that contract.

2. I didn't have too many problems with Batum, and I'm a fan of him in real life, but trading his expiring contract and Thaddeus' disgusting contract for Rudy Gay was definitely the move to go with for me. Also, I just didn't feel great driving with Batum (which isn't really his game, but that's what I want my SFs to be able to do), while Rudy Gay has a sweet jumper and great driving skills as well.

3. Thanks man! I'm really glad I finally found the jerseys that worked best. And yeah, I'm hoping that Rudy finally gets the ASG appearance he deserves, especially since he'll be getting superstar minutes in our starting five.

Again, thanks for replying bro!
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

I make awesome sports designs on Instagram: @abrodgraffix

A-Brod's WWE 2K16 Universe Mode: The Return of the Randomizer
Old 10-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #34
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

NEW JERSEY NETS RECAP (Oct. 30 - Nov. 20)

Nets @ Spurs: Nets win, 117-89
- Rudy Gay scores 20, picks up 9 assists in debut

Nets @ Grizzlies: Grizzlies win, 129-90

Nets vs Bucks: Nets win, 109-104

Nets @ Hawks: Hawks win, 93-89

Nets vs Lakers: Nets win, 111-106
- Rudy leads scoring with 26 in 30 minutes

Nets @ Bucks: Nets win, 102-95

Nets @ Rockets: Rockets win, 133-93
- James Harden drops 30 (Rockets are currently 12-2)

Nets @ Kings: Kings win, 121-116
- The Kings are 10-4!!! Wow

Nets @ Warriors: Warriors win, 106-93

Nets vs Hawks: Nets win, 102-87

Nets @ Hornets: Hornets win, 122-103
- Joe Johnson scores 28, Kemba scores 27 against their former teams

Nets @ Celtics: Nets win, 115-83

NEXT GAME: November 22, Nets vs Celtics (recap will be up soon)

Notes from abrod266: Somehow, with a 6-7 record, we are in 8th in the East... Chemistry is up to 74% (it was 37% after the Rudy Gay trade haha)... No new transactions yet (by any team), but I'm entertaining offers for Brook Lopez, just in case there's a good one.
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Old 10-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #35
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Nets Swap Koufos and a 1st-Rounder for PF Upgrade

Breaking: The Nets have acquired PF Patrick Patterson and a 2016 2nd round pick in exchange for center Kosta Koufos and a 2018 1st rounder. Koufos was acquired last month by the Nets in the Rudy Gay trade, but it never seemed like A-Brod was going to keep him.

Patrick Patterson will make his Nets debut tonight, starting over Thomas Robinson at power forward.

(I just finished playing the Nets-Celtics game... Recap coming in a bit)
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 10:20 PM   #36
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

That's a steep price to pay for Patrick Patterson -- I hate giving up 1st rounders, even if they are 2 years into the future. Patterson is a solid player; he's got a more versatile game than Robinson, but he's not as good at the things Robinson's as good at. Still, that pick and pop game will be strong with Patterson, which should help your spacing.

I'll take a wait and see approach with this trade.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #37
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Game 14 of the Regular Season:
New Jersey Nets 127, Boston Celtics 117

A "slam dunk" of a first quarter by Rudy Gay got the ball rolling for his New Jersey Nets.

The Nets got out to a quick start in this game, and after the first quarter, there was no turning back. Rudy Gay and Shabazz Muhammad tore up the Celtics' defense, while Patrick Patterson also scored constantly in his Nets' debut.

On the other hand, Isaiah Thomas was the top scorer on the game with 44 points; however, he also took the most shots out of anyone in the game by a mile. Nets fan should not be concerned about defense; instead, they should be very proud of their team's defensive status. The Nets forced tough shots and contested others, forcing many misses and leading to easy defensive rebounds.

Altogether, the Nets played a great game that resulted in a dominant victory. They were the better team all game, and they have obviously improved since Opening Day. Kudos to the Nets GM, A-Brod, for turning this team into a true championship contender in just a month. I, for one, am intrigued to see what he will do with the roster over the remainder of the season, and throughout the rest of his career with the Nets.

Comments from abrod266: I played 5 minute quarters again, with the stats converting to 12 minute quarters stats. That's why Isaiah Thomas had 44 points on a ridiculous amount of shots... Rudy Gay is so awesome to play with, since he's got good 3-point range and dunks with ease... Patrick Patterson played great too, he really fits my style of play (so does Thomas Robinson)... We're now a .500 team, and are hoping to go over .500 very soon.

(only included key bench players in table)

Boston Celtics at New Jersey Nets
Nov 22, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Boston (2-13)19263636117
New Jersey (7-7)36243136127
Boston Celtics
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
I. Thomas3821-332-70-041450044
A. Bradley367-240-20-00220014
J. Crowder372-122-70-0052006
J. Sullinger265-70-05-510200015
K. Olynyk357-100-05-57020019
New Jersey Nets
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
K. Walker380-50-05-54100255
S. Muhammad377-105-50-00202019
R. Gay3912-192-57-75700533
P. Patterson3512-170-05-52502229
B. Lopez385-70-00-021202010
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
T. Robinson135-100-00-02000010

Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Old 10-09-2015, 10:57 PM   #38
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
That's a steep price to pay for Patrick Patterson -- I hate giving up 1st rounders, even if they are 2 years into the future. Patterson is a solid player; he's got a more versatile game than Robinson, but he's not as good at the things Robinson's as good at. Still, that pick and pop game will be strong with Patterson, which should help your spacing.

I'll take a wait and see approach with this trade.
I have to disagree with me seeing where he is going style wise. I love the trade.

I'm all about not being totally "el cheapo" when it comes to trades. I set mine up to where a team will ask for more. And you can always get whatever draft picks back in future deals.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #39
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes of hazel
I have to disagree with me seeing where he is going style wise. I love the trade.

I'm all about not being totally "el cheapo" when it comes to trades. I set mine up to where a team will ask for more. And you can always get whatever draft picks back in future deals.
Thanks haha, and plus, with the plan I've got I don't see that 2018 1st rounder having much value to me in the long run. If I'm doing what I expect my team to do two years from now, which is to compete in the playoffs, then obviously that pick will not be very important to me. I think that this was truthfully the right time to trade that pick, and plus, it makes the trade fairer as well.
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Old 10-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #40
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

November 23rd, 2015
GM's Office
Newark, NJ

After yesterday's awesome win, I was kicking back in my office, watching game tape from our victory when Brook Lopez walked in the door. The team had just finished their daily morning scrimmage, and Lopez decided to come to my office for his 30-minute break until practice resumed.

"What's up, Brook?" I asked, as one of his putback dunks from last night played on my iPad. "Great game last night."

"Thanks, A-Brod," he responded. "Listen, I heard some rumors saying you were thinking about trading me... Is that true?"

"Well, I, uhh..." I wasn't sure how to respond to that. Sure, I had been shopping him around a bit to see what I could get, but no deal every solidified... Except for one with the Raptors, where I almost got DeRozan, Ross and Valanciunas for Lopez, a 1st, and a bunch of role players. I decided to hold off on that one though, and instead made the Patrick Patterson trade. "Brook, teams have been expressing lots of interest in you, and I don't blame them," I finally said. "I want to keep you, since you are one of the top centers in the league, but if we're offered a trade we can't refuse, then you might have to pack up your bags."

I gave Brook some time to take all that in, and once he did that, he said, "I understand. But that kinda hurts because I love this team, I love being back in New Jersey, and all in all I'd love to stay a Net."

"Just keep up the good work on the court and I'm pretty sure you'll stay here," I said, before asking one more question. "Are there any players that you've played with before that you'd want me to acquire?"

Brook's eyes opened a little more. This question definitely peaked his interest. "Yes, actually," he answered, as if he had been thinking about this for a while. "i think it was kinda dumb that we traded Derrick Favors away in the Deron Williams deal a while ago, and we should try to get Favors back. He'd be an awesome power forward to play me with."

"But what about Patterson?" I asked, since I had personally been impressed with my newest acquisition's performance last night. Do you not like playing with him?"

"No, I do," he stated. "I'd say to keep Patterson, trade Robinson and Sloan and some younger guys, and try to bring Favors back for them." It wasn't a bad idea, actually... I liked Patterson's play style a bit better than Robinson's, and Sloan hadn't been playing to well for me off the bench so far this season.

"You know what, Brook," I said, "I really like the idea. You get back to practice, and I'll see if I can get this to work." Brook and I shook hands over my desk, and he got back to practice while I got on the phone lines.
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »