Home

Through The Storm: A St. Louis Story

This is a discussion on Through The Storm: A St. Louis Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #9
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Through The Storm: A St. Louis Story

I look forward to the rivalry. I also think the uniforms look really nice. However, they remind me a ton of the Atlanta Hawks. No concerns from the Hawks owners about red+yellow+dark with wings?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #10
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I look forward to the rivalry. I also think the uniforms look really nice. However, they remind me a ton of the Atlanta Hawks. No concerns from the Hawks owners about red+yellow+dark with wings?
^ They were HEAVILY influenced by the Hawks of the mid-late 90s. I really did like those unis. The Red/Black/Gold scheme isn't used by ATL anymore and they hardly ever use those throwbacks (I can't recall the last time I saw them used this decade). So, I'd wager the Hawks owners were okay with it since that color scheme isn't fondly remember by their fans anyway.

If it was me stealing the classic Dominque Wilkens Hawks looks of the 80s, I could definitely see people getting up in arms.

I do like the uniforms despite all that -- turned out better than I thought. Still think I can do better (next season for sure) as I have other ideas in mind with those colors and that set of wings, but for now I'm happy playing with these. Not classics by any means but definitely has potential moving forward -- there are a number of elements I'm fond of and it took the better part of six hours photoshopping/uploading/designing/trying out in game to really get the look down. It's clean, not too busy, and distinct; three things I wanted checked off for sure.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #11
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I loooove those uniforms man. Good stuff.

Can't wait to start my own ML again. Going to be fun with the expansions and full rebranding options.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #12
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
I loooove those uniforms man. Good stuff.

Can't wait to start my own ML again. Going to be fun with the expansions and full rebranding options.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Bless you, sir, for the compliment. Those unis turned out better than I expected, truth be told.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your ML. The options are CRAAAAZZZY this year, some real fun to be had.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Bless you, sir, for the compliment. Those unis turned out better than I expected, truth be told.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your ML. The options are CRAAAAZZZY this year, some real fun to be had.

QQ - in created arenas, there is still a lack of in game musics like in 2k16? This is the main reason why I would like to go expansion but afraid of it...
Old 09-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #14
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaula
QQ - in created arenas, there is still a lack of in game musics like in 2k16? This is the main reason why I would like to go expansion but afraid of it...
Sadly, yes, custom audio is still gone. You can set up some preloaded sounds, they added two or three, but nothing great.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Ch. 5

We had more money than we knew what to do with. Entering the offseason, we could have bought a few high level players, stocked our roster, and made the playoffs.

Problem was, we weren’t the first choice for much of anyone. In fact, we were the last choice for most everyone. Free agency started off with bad news as Mike Dunleavy, our veteran — the guy we took to help guide our team — retired. He walked away from the money, he walked away from the uniform, he just didn’t have the heart to go through another season.

Did I believe he wanted to leave just because of that? Hell no. We were an expansion team and we took him from a playoff contender and dumped him in the middle of Missouri. Of course he wanted out and he knew a trade request would be bad form — Dunleavy was a veteran, he wasn’t about to set that kind of precedent so early in the team’s existence — but he wasn’t going to play for us.

So, he left. I couldn’t blame him too much, but I was still pissed. We were down a man and that just seemed to snowball our free agency plans. We wanted to go after young guys who needed a shot, guys who could come and help be founding members of a franchise.

But the young guys didn’t want to be here. We were rejected by Waiters, rejected by Terrence Jones, rejected by Terrence Ross — who went to play for the *ucking Nets of all teams — and we got more rejections than meetings. It wasn’t until the waning days of free agency did we get our first meeting with anyone and you know who that was?

Recent NBA champion Matthew Dellavedova. Delly was being courted by the Bucks, but they peeled off him when Rondo accepted their offer. Delly was left in a lurch and Cleveland didn’t want to match any high offer sheet, so he came to us. Did we have to pay a bit higher than market value? *uck yeah we did and we had the money to burn.

Once Delly signed, our fortunes began to change. With the money we had, guys who were out a big contract started returning our calls. We picked up Dwayne Dedmon, just a big guy to smash people as a center, and then we landed Jared Dudley, who wanted to be part of our squad — mostly out some mixture of mercy and nostalgia. J-Dud had been part of the previous expansion team Charlotte Bobcats for a little over a year as a rookie and he had fond memories of that squad. He wanted to be the veteran example, the guy who set the tone for the young kids, and we obliged. There was no better glue guy in the NBA in my opinion.

But we still lacked a two-guard and we were forced to take on Eric Gordon and Gordon’s injury baggage. I wasn’t a fan of the deal but it was either him or the bottom of the barrel and I was more than willing to take on him. I liked Gordon back when he could play, but the sad sack just couldn’t catch a break with the injuries. He wasn’t the guy he used to be, but he was still young enough to improve a little — assuming he stayed off IR.

All that done, we got our team — a bunch of guys we took in an expansion draft, guys we took in the NBA draft, and guys we signed in free agency because other teams weren’t willing to take a chance on them or didn’t want to deal with the money demands or simply didn’t want them. We were cobbled together.

Across the state, the Knights — those pricks — picked up Ezeli from the Warriors, offering him 11M a year for his services. Then they signed Austin Rivers, then they grabbed Iman Shumpert from the Cavs. Cleveland got a crap second round pick but cleared cap space. The Knights picked up a recent championship player, but they overpaid — we all know they did.

By the time we got to the end of the offseason the league was a different place.

*ucking schedule makers decided to punish us, though … they made our first regular season game an affair with the Cavs, at Cleveland.

I’m sure you can imagine how that went …
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #16
Pro

I mean if we're being honest you should be good if Delly just dives at the feet and injuries the entire league like we know he can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »