Home

#TheStormIsComing | Nashville Expansion Story Pt. 2 | NBA 2K18

This is a discussion on #TheStormIsComing | Nashville Expansion Story Pt. 2 | NBA 2K18 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #TheStormIsComing | Nashville Expansion Story Pt. 2 | NBA 2K18

That new starting five looks light straight fire 2-3 years from now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 AM   #66
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogo
That new starting five looks light straight fire 2-3 years from now
As long as Fox, Tatum, Porter, and Ayton progress like I think they can, we should have a VERY good team in 2-3 years like you said. Thanks for the comment!

Also, I apologize to those of you following along for the lack of updates recently. School's been pretty hectic as I've had exam after exam. I don't have any exams for a while, so I'll start with updates again hopefully later today.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #67
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

My apologies for the long delay in between updates. This may be a dumb reason to some, but after a while, I just couldn't stand the generic tornado logo that I used. My plan was to start this back up if/when 2K let Switch users upload custom images. I hadn't played in a month or two and in that time 2K made an update that enables users the ability to upload custom images. I edited my own logo (which I think looks pretty cool) and I downloaded a new uniform/logo template for Seattle. So, I'm gonna get this MyLeague started again.

There will be no massive skips like last year. Last year, once Griffin got injured, we were headed straight for a top 5 lottery pick and just about every update would have been about a loss since we ended the year so poorly. Now thanks to our outstanding draft, this is gonna be a really fun MyLeague.

EDIT: For whatever reason 2K disabled screenshots on the Switch... So, all pictures will have to be taken with my phone now...

Last edited by orlegend0208; 04-15-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #68
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Nashville Storm Announce New Logo/Court Design

NASHVILLE, TN -- The Nashville Storm's inaugural season was underwhelming to say the least. The Storm made a huge splash in the 2017 off-season when they signed superstar Blake Griffin. Griffin paired with Jayson Tatum (4th Pick in the 2017 draft) and De'Aaron Fox (10th pick in the 2017 Draft) and a decent supporting cast, the Storm were expected to contend for a playoff spot. However, Griffin played in just 39 games and the Storm finished with a 20-62 record, which was the worst in the NBA.

The Storm traded Griffin in the off-season for the 3rd pick in the Draft... When they already held the first pick. Nashville selected Michael Porter Jr. and DeAndre Ayton with their 2 top 3 picks. They also chose lottery talent, Lonnie Walker (from the University of Miami) in the 2nd round as he fell due to concerns about his knees.

Thanks to 2 of the top 3 picks in the draft, the Nashville fan base is now extremely excited about the start of the season. The franchise wanted to build on the momentum they have leading up to the season, so they made a major change.

Today, the Nashville Storm released their new Franchise logo along with their new court design.

Below is the new logo design along with the new court design:

The logo is a major upgrade over the old logo in just about every way. Then, the new logo is featured at center court while the Bridgestone Arena logo has been added. Those are the only new changes to the court. But, the new logo isn't featured on the uniforms.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:21 AM   #69
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Trade After a Great Start to the 2018-19 Season

We opened up the year 4-0. I was feeling great about our young team as we really played some great basketball to start the year.

In our season opener we defeated the Los Angeles Lakers at home by a score of 117-101. #1 overall pick, Michael Porter Jr. lead the way for us as he scored a game high 20 points on 6-11 shooting from the floor and 8-9 from the free throw line. DeAndre Ayton was fantastic in his first game as a pro. He notched a double double by scoring 15 points and grabbing 13 boards. Our 2nd round pick, SG Lonnie Walker, was impressive off the bench as he scored 11 points in just 14 minutes of playing time... He even outscored starting SG Seth Curry as Curry had 10 points. Jayson Tatum started his Sophomore campaign by dropping 15 points. From the floor, he was a bit disappointing as he missed 8 shots, but he did finish 3-4 from 3 point range. De'Aaron Fox added 14 points and dished out 6 points.

Once that game was done, we had less than 24 hours before our next game against the Dallas Mavericks. We managed to defeat them 114-108 in our road opener. The Mavericks were right up there with us in terms of having the best draft. Somehow, Marvin Bagley fell to them at #11 and then Mo Bamba somehow fell to them at #19. The luckiest draft I think I've seen. Who knows what anyone else in the league was thinking. But anyway, Bagley scored 16 points and Bamba scored 15 points. But, when Jonathon Simmons is your leading scorer, there's a good chance you're gonna lose the game.

For us, Porter Jr. paced us again with a game high 22 points on 7-10 shooting from the floor, 2-2 from 3 point range, and 6-6 from the free throw line. He also added 5 rebounds and 6 assists to his stat line. Jayson Tatum added 19 points as he was 6-9 from the floor and a perfect 3-3 from 3 point range. De'Aaron Fox chipped in 15 points and dished out 8 assists. Fox only missed 1 shot all night.

Our next game was back at home against Phoenix. That game was a nail biter the entire way through the game. We managed to squeak out a 90-88 win. Porter Jr. lead us in scoring for the 3rd straight game as he put up 18 points and he missed just 3 shots all night. Skal Labissiere came off the bench and scored 14 for us. Jayson Tatum and Dillon Brooks were the only other players on our team to score 10 or more points.

For our 4th straight win, we traveled to Chicago and beat the Kevin Durant lead Bulls by a score of 103-97. Durant put up a game high 30 points and grabbed 11 boards. He also blocked 6 shots. He had the only notable performance by any Chicago Bull player. For us, Seth Curry stepped up in a HUGE way. We don't win this game without him. Curry scored a season high 22 points on 7-9 shooting and he went 4-5 from 3 point range. Michael Porter Jr. scored 18 points on his least efficient shooting game of his young NBA career. Yogi Ferrell came off the bench and chipped in a season high 15 points on 5-6 shooting. Jayson Tatum and Dillon Brooks were once again the only other players to score 10 or more points. Other notable stats were from DeAndre Ayton as he grabbed 11 boards and De'Aaron Fox who dished out 9 assists.

Following those 4 games, I made our first trade of the 2018-19 NBA Season.
Here are the details of the trade:

Nashville Receives: Utah's 2019 1st Round Pick and C Tony Bradley (72 Ovr)
Utah Receives: Nashville's 2020 1st Round Pick and PF Montrezl Harrell (75 Ovr)

I took one look at Utah's roster and said there is no way in hell that they make the playoffs this year. A year ago, Utah was the only .500 team in the league that didn't make the playoffs. Utah's management were convinced that we wouldn't amount to anything in 2020 and valued our 2020 pick as much as they valued their 2019 pick. Then they valued Montrezl Harrell more than Tony Bradley... Which is understandable since Harrell is now Utah's starting Power Forward.

As for us, we just gained a probable lottery pick and a good young big man who we want to develop. First of all, Tony Bradley is going to move to Power Forward as we think it better suits his skill set. He will be our primary backup PF.

So far, we're very pleased with how the Will Wade era has started. I'm excited to see if we can continue this promising play throughout the rest of the season. Regardless of if we make the playoffs this year or not, the future is extremely bright here in Nashville with the young core we have built over the past few drafts.

Last edited by orlegend0208; 06-08-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:48 AM   #70
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quick side notes:

During the hiatus of making updates, I managed to play through the season and I've got a save file ready to go for the 2019-2020 season. Some of my problems in the past OS reports have been losing save files or having save files get corrupted. Well, there won't be any issues with save files as I've got backups for my backups lol.

But, I've done a lot of OS reports on Dynasties/My Leagues/Franchises before and I think I can say I've never been more excited for a season like I am for the upcoming 2019-2020 season (I'm currently in the 2018-2019 season). The 2019 off-season was literally perfect. Never had an off-season go so well before. It was incredible! This Nashville team is going to be dominant for years to come!!

Also, I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but 2K on the Switch has disabled the option to take screenshots while in the game. Doesn't make any sense at all. But just wanted to give a heads up for when my pictures look like they were obviously taken with a camera instead of just screenshots in game.

Sorry for the random side note... Just wanted to mention the screenshot issue and I had to mention the AMAZING off-season lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »