Home

Bright L.A Lights -- NBA 2K18 MyLeague with Lakers

This is a discussion on Bright L.A Lights -- NBA 2K18 MyLeague with Lakers within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 04:45 AM   #1
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

OVR: 0
Bright L.A Lights -- NBA 2K18 MyLeague with Lakers

Hello everybody, and welcome! I took a long hiatus from my Knicks career since I wasn't really feeling it anymore, but I am back with a new game, meaning a new career mode!

The team that I am going with this time is the Los Angeles Lakers, a team stacked with young talent and with the history they have, a premier free agent destination.

I will still stick with keeping this in a storyline form. This time, you get to follow the tale of John Cruzerr - the Assistant Coach.

I hope you all will enjoy this, let's get to this, shall we?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Re: Bright L.A Lights -- NBA 2K18 MyLeague with Lakers

Last edited by Cruzerr; 09-23-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #3
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Last edited by Cruzerr; 09-24-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Chapter 1 - Introduction

I got, I got, I got, I got
Loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA
Cocaine quarter piece, got war and peace inside my DNA
I got power, poison, pain and joy inside my--

"God damn, what time is it? Who is calling me? -- Hello?"

"John, finally! I called you about six times! Where are you?"

"What do you mean? I'm still in bed, Marcy. It is 8.40 in the morning.
Is something wrong?"

"You have a press conference to attend in--"

"In four hours, I know. Marcy, I know that an assistant coach needs an assistant, but this is ridiculous."

"I'm just looking out for you. It is your first official day as a coach, isn't it?"

"It is, but I live 30 minutes from the arena, let me get my beauty sleep."

"No, get dressed and start getting ready."

"Marcy, I--"

"No arguing today. I am also sending an Uber over, you aren't going to be late today. Not going to make me look bad. See you soon!"
**phone call ends**

"Ugh, whatever."

The press conference is packed with people. The Lakers have had an intriguing off-season. With all the antics regarding Paul George, the Ball family, and trading Russell, reporters were aching to get their questions out to the panel. Oh, and the panel consisted of Pelinka, Walton, Magic
and of course, yours truly, Cruzerr.

"Yeah, hi, Thomas James from LA Weekly. Mr. Johnson, I have a question,
what do you think is the key focus for this season? Is it making the playoffs, building for next season?"

"I'd say that we will just focus on improving our young core. We got a great mix of veterans who can guide the youngsters, uhh, Brook and Andrew for example, both talented bigs with long careers. So, just to forward the experience and have our younger players grow."

"Hello, Jana White from Los Angeles Daily. Coach, which player you have seen improving the most in the off-season."

"I can't just point at one. But, I mean, hmm. Ingram has grown both as a player and in height, he has changed his game around. Looked good in the pre-season and eager to build on his rookie season."

"Bob Robinson from Los Angeles Times. Rob, you have hired an inexperienced assistant coach. What can he bring to the table?"

"I think he can answer that himself, John?"

"Uhh, first off, thanks for directing the question to me, Rob, I feel like it was time to actually say something as well. As for the question itself - I am a hard-worker. I put big attention into detail, as I will be working with the players up close and personal. Yes, I haven't been a part of a big NBA team before, but you have to start from somewhere."
Magic continues on.

"John impressed us with his work ethic. All 3 of us here knew that with a young, growing team, we can also grow our staff. So, we will support every step of the way for this season. It is going to be a good one."
Old 09-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Following!

This is a really cool idea to see this story from the assistant coach's eyes. This should be a very interesting and unique point of view

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!

Sent from my N9560 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Los Angeles Clippers @ Los Angeles Lakers
112-116
Clippers | Team Stats | Lakers

Lakers rally back, win the first LA battle

It looked like the Clippers held a firm grasp of the game, as they held the lead three quarters in. But the start of the forth was nothing alike, as the Lakers came back down from seven to go up by 13 at one point. With players like Lopez and KCP stepping up late, they were able to secure the victory.

Clippers were lead by Griffin early, as the Lakers didn't find any way to stop him. Blake finished with 18 points in the first half, as his whole focus was on scoring - DeAndre Jordan took care of the boards, racking up 21 in the end of a game.

All eyes were on the rookie Lonzo Ball, who wasn't afraid of the spotlight, as he sank some clutch free-throws to keep the Clippers at bay. His shooting was poor, but his play from the line and passing secured him a double-double. Randle was another player, finishing with 14 points and 13 rebounds, who secured a double-double, while both Lopez and Ingram came close.

The Lakers will face the Suns in their next game, while the Clippers host the Hawks.

Simmed game -
Spoiler
Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati
Following!

This is a really cool idea to see this story from the assistant coach's eyes. This should be a very interesting and unique point of view

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!

Thanks for following! Hopefully, it will be intriguing, the team itself already has some great pieces to it, so maybe we can put it all together and go for the title eventually, bringing LA back to glory!
Old 09-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #8
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Great win over the Clips in the battle for LA! I always love those games, seems like both teams play their hardest regardless of their record. Great to see that Randle had a good game too and I look forward to seeing how Ball does in his rookie season

Will you be incorporating any of the craziness of Lavar Ball into your story? Some people love him and some can't stand him but he's definitely made a name for himself with all of his nonsense lol, I think it'll be great either way but I was curious

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »