Home

Fire & Ice - A NBA 2K18 New Orleans Pelicans Story

This is a discussion on Fire & Ice - A NBA 2K18 New Orleans Pelicans Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 02:59 AM   #25
Rookie

SportSeasonsNetwork's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fire & Ice - A NBA 2K18 New Orleans Pelicans Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
We not just gonna ignore that Russ had 25-18-12. Jesus.
He still putting up MVP numbers even with 2 other All-Stars

THAT'S AMAZING!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #26
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
We not just gonna ignore that Russ had 25-18-12. Jesus.
That's like a normal night for Russ this season.

I'm just kind of kidding.... but seriously I could probably fill up my "Around the League" section with just his stat-lines most weeks. He's a freaking sim-monster in this game. I love it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

NEW ORLEANS NARROWLY BEATS THE WEST LEADING T'WOLVES, BUT LOSE COUSINS FOR 4-6 WEEKS DUE TO A SEVERELY SPRAINED ANKLE

AROUND THE LEAGUE

- LeBron puts up 29 points, 14 rebounds and 9 assists in 99-87 win over the 76ers

- Devin Booker scores 35 in 111-91 win over Chicago. The loss is the Bulls 7th in a row

- Curry (32 points), Durant (29, 8 rebs, 6 assts) and Thompson (25 points, 5-7 from 3-Point land) all have big nights against the Lakers. Golden State has won 5 in a row

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #28
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Demarcus Cousins has been having a monster year up to this point averaging 24.7 PPG, 11.5 RPG, 3 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1 BPG while shooting .555 from the field and .346 from deep. The combo of him and AD is the main reason the Pel's are off to such a hot start. With him going down for a month, or possibly more the Pel's are going to need someone else to step up to take some of the weight off of AD's shoulders. The question is who?

On the bright side, Boogie's injury coincided with Chieck Diallo's return from knee tendinitis. Perhaps, this is the 2nd-year man's time to shine. If things are bumpy over the next few weeks, look for the Pel's to try and improve down low and hopefully keep their head above water while Boogie is out.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #29
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

I think I was just surprised Russ got 18 rebounds with Davis and Cousins on the court. As for Cousins' injury, I had a feeling something was going to happen. Disappointing of course but definitely opens the door for Davis' scoring numbers to go up. Holiday is definitely going to have to improve his shooting touch if New Orleans hopes to keep the momentum they've built so far.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #30
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

STANDINGS THROUGH 11/30/17

EAST

WEST

INJURY REPORT
Spoiler

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH

EAST

PG JOHN WALL - WASHINGTON WIZARDS

WEST

PG RUSSELL WESTBROOK OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

ROOKIES OF THE MONTH

EAST

PF BEN SIMMONS PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

WEST

PG LONZO BALL LOS ANGELES LAKERS

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-11-2017, 09:15 PM   #31
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR - DECEMBER EDITION

1) Golden State's Slow Start

Golden State team of All-Star's got off to an extremely slow start. They ended the month of October with a disappointing record of 4-4. However, it seems like they're slowly turning things around as they won 11 of 14 games in November and ended the month with a 5 game winning streak. They were able to work up to 2nd place in the West. Look for them to continue that success as they progress into the season.

2) Russell Westbrook's Stat-Stuffing, Good or Bad?

Westbrook is once again putting up monster numbers year - averaging 28.3 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 8.9 APG, and 1.3 SPG, while shooting .461 from the field and .398 from deep - yet those numbers are not translating to wins as they are only 10-11 and in 11th place in the West. PG13 and Carmelo are also adding another 22.1 and 19.8 ppg respectively, so obviously their "Big 3" isn't the problem on offense. They have the 4th worst defense (PAPG) in the West, and if and when they get that end figured out they should be a force to be reckoned with.

3) The Two Most Surprising Teams

It's still super early, however, I don't believe any of the NBA pundits had the Nets and Pelicans anywhere close to the 2nd seeds in their conferences. It will be interesting to see if these two teams can keep it up as we get deeper into the season.

4) The Two Most Disappointing Teams

There are quite a few teams that could go here, however, I'm going to have to go with Milwaukee and Oklahoma City. As I said, before we're still super early in the season, but teams with as much talent as these two shouldn't be on the outside of the playoffs looking in. I expect both of them to turn things around in December and if things don't change as we get into 2018, then I expect some players to be on the move and some coaches heads to roll.

5) Zach Lowe's Five Most Likely to be Traded

EPSN's Zach Lowe posted an article with his most likely players to be traded as we head into December. Let's take a look at those players

1) Robin Lopez - The Bulls are in rebuilding mode and moving Lopez for a mid-level asset could only help expedite that process

2) Eric Bledsoe - Bledsoe is having a decent year for Phoenix (22.3 PPG, 5.8 APG, 5 RPG), however, the Suns are working towards building around their youth and Bledsoe likely isn't apart of those plans

3) Jahlil Okafor - Jahlil has yet to log a single minute for the 76ers this season. With a healthy Embiid, Ricgaun Holmes and Amir Johnson in front of him, there's just not any minutes for him. He's unhappy and the team has been looking to move him for a while, it's just a matter of finding someone to take him at this point.

4) Kenneth Faired - Unline Okafor, Faried has seen the floor this season, however, he's gotten 10 DNP's. He still see's himself as a starter in the NBA even though his skill set may suggest otherwise. We fully expect him to be moved before the deadline.

5) Thaddeus Young - Like a couple of the other teams above, the Pacers are looking at rebuilding. Playing Young right now only takes much needed minutes from guys Sabonis and Leaf. It would be best for Indiana to move him while he still has positive value.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #32
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

JINGLIN' JOE WAS ON FIRE FROM DOWNTOWN IN UTAH'S 93-85 WIN OVER NEW ORLEANS

HOLIDAY AND MOORE'S STRONG GAMES HELP TAKE SOME PRESSURE OFF OF AD AS THE PEL'S EDGE OUT THE BLAZERS 103-96

NEW ORLEANS IS 16-7, TIED WITH GOLDEN STATE FOR 2ND PLACE IN THE WEST

AROUND THE LEAGUE

- Ibaka scores 27 points in Toronto's 119-118 win over Indiana, DeRozan tacked on 24 points, as well. The Raptors have won five in a row

- Marc Gasol's 32 point, 9 rebound, 5 assist, 2 block and 2 steal performance leads the Grizzlies past the Cavs 117-106

- Russell Westbrook (2) and LeBron James (2) named Players of the Week

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »