Home

You Don't Know Jack: A Pacers Story

This is a discussion on You Don't Know Jack: A Pacers Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:53 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: You Don't Know Jack: A Pacers Story

2K really hates the Cavs I haven’t seen a dynasty where the Cavs win it all unless someone is using the Cavs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #162
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljking0326
2K really hates the Cavs I haven’t seen a dynasty where the Cavs win it all unless someone is using the Cavs.
Yea I haven't either in mine they had Lebron, Gasol, Isaiah, Love and a few other guys and didn't even win the East
Old 01-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #163
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljking0326
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea I haven't either in mine they had Lebron, Gasol, Isaiah, Love and a few other guys and didn't even win the East
Yeah, the Cavs and Celtics really seem to be getting hated on by the sim engine in 2K this year. Both have underperformed in my dynasty here so far ... getting the old Wizards treatment.

I think it's just a matter of their talent level being too high for 2K to properly account for them ... both squads are loaded to the gills. I definitely think there are big moves on the horizon for both teams as they look to re-tool for the 19-20 season.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #164
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Ch. 46

Game 1 was at our house, in our home, and we lost, 99-93. We came apart in the fourth quarter — fouls piled up, guys had to sit, and the Hornets buried us. McHale called it … we got comfortable and we got embarrassed. Mentally, we were wishing we were going against LeBron — we weren’t in that first game and got an L because of it.

In the second game, we weren’t *ucking around. McHale drilled us hard in the practices leading up to the game and we donned our statement uniforms … we needed the extra juice. We needed to set the tone. And from the tip, we did. Harrison was all up in the grill of Frank Kaminsky, and got him into early foul trouble — two fouls in under five minutes of the game. Out went Frank the Tank, in came MKG. Without Kaminsky’s shooting, the Hornets offense got clogged up and stalled.

We were on the attack. We dunked, dished, and shot all over the Hornets in the first, driving up the score 39-24. It wasn’t even a fair fight and it got even more unfair in the second, when Myles got locked in on defense and started swatting shots away like the bugs they were.

Charlotte couldn’t get anything going on the inside, couldn’t stop us at all, and we just piled on. And on. And on. We wanted to make damn sure the Hornets knew we were taking them seriously and at halftime, the game was basically over.

McHale didn’t even bother giving us a speech — just said to keep doing what we were doing. In the third, we continued to drive inside, we continued to knock down our wide open jumpers, and we engaged in a bit of trash talk. We got into Charlotte’s head — specifically the head of Dwight Howard. Superman was in foul trouble and in the third that trouble got even worse, as he started throwing elbows.

With Myles hitting the ground hard after one, Dwight was issued a flagrant 1, the crowd heartily booed him, and Myles sank two easy free throws. The rest of the game was a no contest — McHale kept us out there, kept us playing (partially to keep us motivated, partially to exact some revenge on them I think), and we just scored, and scored, and scored. We let the deep reserves in with four minutes to go, but by that point the damage was done.

We had obliterated the Hornets in Game 2. Revenge was ours … now, we had to hold onto that edge heading back to their place for Game 3.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #165
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Should be a easy series win for you and jack racking up the assist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #166
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Ch. 47

Game 3 was in Charlotte and the Hornets — looking for a similar boost — decided to wear their black-out “Buzz City” uniforms, which meant we were wearing our home whites. It was a move designed to hype their team and their fans, and — at least in the beginning — it succeeded. The arena was loud, loudest I’ve ever heard that place, and the Hornets knew they had to redeem themselves after their horrible performance in Game 2.

One problem: Batum was out for the series with a severe ankle sprain. He got it messed up at the end of Game 2 and tried to practice on it, but only ended up making it worse. He went from questionable to out after that practice, meaning the Hornets were forced to start MKG at the three. MKG was good at many things — defense, rebounding, hustle, effort — but he was an absolute zero on offense. He couldn’t shoot to save his life.

He was the Hornets biggest weakness. We smelt blood in the water and came out firing — I was on the attack, driving inside, and scored 13 of our first 17 points. We were up 17-9 when Charlotte burned their first timeout, but by that point I was on fire.

You could feel the air be let out of the arena as nothing the Hornets did worked. We’d ignore MKG on offense, forcing him to take shots he couldn’t make, and we’d hustle for the boards, get on the break, and ram it down their throats. The first saw us lead 33-20 and in the second we got a big boost from an unlikely source: Jeff Withey.

Withey, in a rare display of low post offense, took Cody Zeller into the block and butchered him twice in a row — then, on the following possession, jumped the pass lane, stealing a pass meant for Zeller.

You could hear a pin drop in that arena. It started out rocking but, by the time halftime arrived, the Hornets wearing black had only made them look like they were there for their own funeral. We were loose, relaxed, and enjoying ourselves at the break.

In the third, we watched as Charlotte continued to chuck the ball at the rim and continue to miss. Sabonis showed up in that quarter, getting an extended run as he just owned the souls of anyone coming inside the paint. He wouldn’t let them score.

We ran away with it after that. The Hornet simply didn’t have the offensive firepower to keep up with us — Batum going down had neutered their offense and we walked out of Game 3 the victors by a wide, wide margin.

We ended up winning Game 4 by a wide margin, dropping Game 5 in OT by just a point, and winning in Game 6.

For the first time since Reggie Miller and those 1999-2000 Pacers, Indiana was in the Finals. Gramps was ecstatic, jumping around the locker room like he was twenty, and we celebrated as you’d expect a team like ours to celebrate — with lots of laughter and joy. Going to the Finals was a dream.

But our opponent? They were a nightmare.

The Warriors had gotten their revenge on the Rockets and had advanced back to the Finals. They were on a mission and we were an obstacle in their way. It was going to be a series unlike anything the NBA had seen before with the talent on both team.

(The number generator has assigned me Games 1 and 4. Can the Pacers upset the Warriors? Can Harrison Barnes get his revenge? This one is going to be close.)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #167
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Jesus, my Hornets didn't hold up

Guess they aren't exactly holding up in real life
Old 01-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #168
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

it should be a fun series and I hope your still excited to do a few more years even if you win

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »