Home

A Legend Reborn II-College Hoops 2k8

This is a discussion on A Legend Reborn II-College Hoops 2k8 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2017, 07:28 AM   #57
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Legend Reborn II-College Hoops 2k8

How the hell are you able to pull in recruits like that at Boise State?!? At SMU in my dynasty I'm in season 10, my coach has an A+ charisma and while I did a great job recruiting at St. John's in the Big East, I'm nowhere near as effective recruiting in the C-USA with my team.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
How the hell are you able to pull in recruits like that at Boise State?!? At SMU in my dynasty I'm in season 10, my coach has an A+ charisma and while I did a great job recruiting at St. John's in the Big East, I'm nowhere near as effective recruiting in the C-USA with my team.
Coach Ryan is currently a B+ in Charisma, but I do have an assistant that is a A.

So I got lucky with Humphrey, cause I started the season #8 on his list, but one I offered a scholarship I quickly moved to #3 behind UCLA and Arizona, but neither school was offering a scholarship. I knew as soon as one of them did, it was over for me, but they didn't and I by mid season I was #1 and had him at 100%.

With Borges it I actually started #2 and jumped to #1 as soon as I offered a scholarship. I was actually surprised I didn't get him in-season as he was 98% committed, but like Humphrey he was 100% ready to sign on the 1st day.

Perkins was the steal of the recruiting season. I love SF's that can shoot from beyond the arc and his 50% in ABL made me believe that he could do that.

I made him my #1 target as soon as in-season recruiting ended because he had no scholarship offers. He has Marquette as his #1 school and a couple other midwest Mid-Majors, but as soon as I visited him once, I moved up to #4 on this list and rolling the dice before any other scouting visits, I offered a scholarship and moved to #2 behind Marquette. So then it just became a waiting game. Again I knew if Marquette offered, I was done and I also figured if any power conference teams jumped in late with a offer, I would most likely get passed, but again I got lucky and nobody did, which is awesome cause he comes in as a 80 Overall with 75 3pt shooting.

I almost didn't offer Perkins a scholarship cause my depth behind Humphrey and Borges is basically SG Bud Wilkins a 66 Overall with a 85 3pt rating that did pretty well starting this year, but again I got super lucky as I also landed the a 3* PG/SG from Hawaii as a walkon. He was Hawaii's Mr BB, but for some reason didn't get a scholarship offer. He is only like a 68 Overall, with a 68 3pt rating, but he is going to see plenty of time early on in the season and could earn a bigger role if anyone gets hurt.

My best suggestion and what I found pretty much to be true no matter where I am at even when I was at power conference schools in past legacies. Once another school offers a scholarship, move on and don't waste recruiting points in trying to get them to make you #1. Instead look for players who are overlooked and don't have offers. The only time I will stay with a recruit and get into a head to head battle with another school is 1) that player has to be viewed as a gamer changer for my program. 2) He is the instate Mr BB, 3) the school I am going up against is a rival.

I have coached at SMU before and built them into a power, actually beating Texas,Texas Tech, TAMU and Baylor for alot of instate kids. That's were I would focus. Build your program from within. Also look for Mr BB's from smaller states around you.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 12-13-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:11 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

2010-2011 TOP-25 PREVIEW

The 2010-2011 Top-25 Preseason Poll was released today and the biggest news wasn't who was in the poll but who wasn't.

The defending National Champions (Memphis/87 Overall) were hit hard with graduations and players declaring early, leaving just 1 returning starter in lone SR SF Pablo Hacker (83), but the roster isn't bare, as Coach Cal reloaded with 6 SO's including starting SG D. Ball (82) and Center S. Benson (75).

Memphis wasn't the only non-power conference team missing from the Top-25 as Gonzaga (85 Overall) also has found a no-vacancy sign. In fact the only non power conference team's to find a spot in the Top-25 are UNLV (90 Overall) at #15 and Charlotte (83 Overall) at #25

Here is a look at the entire Top-25

#1 Michigan State (92 Overall)
#2 Duke (95 Overall)
#3 Wisconsin (91 Overall)
#4 Syracuse (90 Overall)
#5 Maryland (90 Overall)
#6 Ohio State (88 Overall)
#7 Florida (91 Overall)
#8 Oregon (92 Overall)
#9 Cincinnati (86 Overall)
#10 USC (88 Overall)
#11 Indiana (88 Overall)
#12 Arizona State (86 Overall)
#13 North Carolina (90 Overall)
#14 Oklahoma State (88 Overall)
#15 UNLV (90 Overall)
#16 Kentucky (85 Overall)
#17 UCLA (89 Overall)
#18 Arizona (89 Overall)
#19 Georgia Tech (87 Overall)
#20 Washington (88 Overall)
#21 Boston College (83 Overall)
#22 Pitt (89 Overall)
#23 Vanderbilt (84 Overall)
#24 Alabama (88 Overall)
#25 Charlotte (83 Overall)

Coach Ryan's take on the Top-25 rankings
Quote:
"Obviously I am disappointed in the lack of respect you get when your not in the Pac-10,Big Ten, Big East, ACC or SEC, but it's to be expect I guess. I am surprised that the Big 12 only got 1 school in. Kansas,Kansas State,Texas,TAMU and Oklahoma all have great programs that all have spent time in the poll at some point last season"
Coach Ryan's take on who could win it all.
Quote:
"This should be a great year of college basketball. 3 of last year's Final 4 teams start the year in the Top-10. However my pick is #9 Cincinnati. The Bearcats were a #1 seed last year and return 7 Seniors from the squad including the entire starting 5"
Old 12-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BOISE STATE TEAM REPORT

Coming off their best record in school history (25 wins) and their best showing in the NCAA tournament (Elite 8) the returning Broncos along with the #3 Recruiting Class in the nation are picked to finally win the WAC Conference.

After playing most of the season with just 9 players suited up with JR SF A. Bennett out, Coach Ryan will enter this season with 12 players on his roster. However just because he has 12 doesn't mean all 12 will see time in the same game, as Coach Ryan has become accustom to running a 8 man rotation.

Starting 5.

PG-6'1 FR Cherokee Humphrey (78 Overall/74 3pt/85 Pass/85 Hand/89 Spd)
"The former 5* AA Mr BB from Santa Fe, New Mexico is considered to be the Conference's "Best Playmaker" and should be a major upgrade over last year's starter L. Andrew"

SG-6'2 FR Coy Borges (75 Overall/85 3pt)
"The former 4* Mr BB from Billings Montana will take over the starting SG spot as Coach Ryan looks to have Humphrey and Borges play together for the next 4 year's. He is the team's highest rated 3PT shooter"

SF-6'7 FR Regis Perkins (80 Overall/74 3PT/85 SPD/84 QCK)
"Perkins is picked to win WAC FOY and with his skill set, I wouldn't be shocked if he follows in Stafford's shoes and win's the National FOY as well. This former 4* comes in as the teams highest overall player"

PF-6'11 SR Toree Moreno (70 Overall/90 Close)
"The former 3* JC transfer, started all 34 games for the Broncos last season averaging 10.5 PPG,2.7 RPG,1.0 SPG, 1.6 BPG well shooting 56% FG.

C-6'11 SO Khalif Stafford (79 Overall/94 Close/73 Blk, 80 OREB,88 DREB)
"The reigning National FOY and WAC FOY will look to improve on a very solid season averaging 13.5 PPG, 7.5 RPG and 1.5 BPG starting all 34 games as a freshman"

The Rotation 3

Guard-6'6 SR Bud Wilkins (66 Overall/83 3PT)
"Wilkins started all 34 games at SG last year averaging 9.9 PPG well connecting on 61/153 from downtown (.398%). This season he will move to a reserve role and most likely be someone on the floor when the team needs a shot from deep"

Forward-6'6 JR Anthony Bennett (72 Overall/71 3pt)
"Bennett originally started the season as a starter playing in the teams first 22 games before missing the final 12 including the NCAA tournament. He most likely would've started this season had the Broncos not signed A. Perkins . For his career in 54 starts he has averaged 6.2 PPG,5.3 RPG, 1.1 SPG and 1.3 BPG"

Center-6'10 JR Jamie Fischer (69 Overall/82 Close/83 DREB)
"Fischer was a surprise last season coming off the bench and leading the team in scoring at 14.0 PPG, well also grabbing 5.5 RPG and 1.4 APG as the team's 6th man."

The Reserves

Guard-6'4 FR Tomas Kale (69 Overall/63 3PT,75 MED)
"Former 3* Mr BB from Honolulu Hawaii that is a "Walkon", he will look to carve out some minutes, but because he doesn't have a decent 3pt shot, he will most likely never be more then a reserve player"

Guard-6'5 SO Mathew Kouyate (57 Overall/69 3PT)
"Koyate was a walkon last season and saw action in all 34 games averaging 2.2 PPG and 1.0 APG"

Forward-6'8 RS SR Chadd Hannan (62 Overall/67 3PT)

"Hannan saw action in all 34 games last season having a career year averaging 4.3 PPG,2.0 RPG. He also hit 11/28 from 3PT (.392%)"

Center-6'10 RS SR Wade Banjo (62 Overall/86 Close)
"Banjo like Hannan and Kouyate, saw action in all 34 games last season also having a career year off the bench averaging 5.6 PPG and 2.5 RPG"

BOISE STATE'S 2010-2011 SCHEDULE

11/9 VS Gonzaga
11/11-11/14 "Polar Bear Tip-Off Classic"
Opening Round vs #8 Oregon
(Other schools Austin Peay/NC A&T, SC Upstate/E. Michigan, Idaho State/IUPUI)
11/20 vs Eastern Washington
11/24 @ #15 UNLV
11/28 vs Portland
12/1 vs Idaho State
12/5 @ Utah
12/9 @ #8 Oregon
12/10 vs Oregon State
12/16-12/19 "Hawaiian Island Classic"
Opening Round vs Arkansas State
(Other schools Marquette/C. Michigan, Portland/Tulsa, Lipscomb/South Carolina)
12/24 @ #20 Washington
12/29 Conference Play starts vs Hawaii
1/1 vs Utah State
1/5 vs La Tech
1/8 @ New Mexico State
1/13 @ Idaho
1/15 @ Fresno State
1/20 vs San Jose State
1/22 vs Nevada
1/29 @ Utah State
2/2 @ Hawaii
2/6 @ La Tech
2/10 vs New Mexico State
2/12 vs Idaho
2/24 @ Nevada
2/26 @ San Jose State
3/5 vs Fresno State **Senior Night**

Coach Ryan
Quote:
"I think we have a very tough schedule this year but also alot of winnable games. Getting Gonzaga to come to Boise and open the year was huge. Getting to play #8 Oregon on a neutral sight before playing them in Euguene will be to our advantage as I feel really good about our chances of coming away with a big road win. #15 UNLV will be a huge test for our team, they are really good. I also expect Utah to be a very tough road game as well as our rematch with #20 Washington. I feel a rivalry starting with the Huskies. I am also really excited to bring Oregon State to Taco Bell. Even though they have a new coach and a very young team, beating a Pac-10 opponent at home is something that looks great on the resume and is a big boost to the fans as well. 15 non-conference games plus 16 conference games will hopefully could be alot to ask of a pretty young team, but I feel good about our chances of winning the WAC and making a return trip to the Dance"

Last edited by Deuce2223; 12-14-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:06 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

(0-0) VS (1-0)

GAME PREVIEW

The Zags would travel to Boise coming off a 68-57 win over La Tech at home as new Head Coach Ron Hunter picks the "W" in his debut. Gonzaga would be looking to avenge last season's loss to the Broncos on their home court and spoil the debut of the Fab 3.

Going into the game Coach Ryan knew if his team had a chance to pull off the "W" the key to victory would be containing JR PG K. Mulligan and SR SF A. Zachary the Zag's leading scorers well also establishing a high scoring offense of their own.

GAME RECAP

Gonzaga won the tip and scored the opening points, but after that it was a back and forth affair until with about 6 minute to play in the 1st half, the Broncos would come up with back to back steals plus force 2 more turnovers to make a 12-2 run. The Bulldogs however would recover making their own run at the end of the half (8-0) including a 3pt at the buzzer to make it a 1 point game (51-50).

K. Stafford picked up right where he left off last season leading all scorers with 15 pts and 4 rebs, well Freshman Coy Borges added 14 pts on 3/4 3pt shooting.

Well leading at the half is something to be celebrated losing 6th man J. Fischer after just 2 minutes to a rolled ankle was not something Coach Ryan wanted to see. It turns out it's just sprained but Fischer is expect to miss the rest of the game as well as the Opening matchup vs #8 Oregon in the Polar Bear Tip Off.

For Gonzaga trailing by 1 and having 3 players in double digits is something Coach Hunter could celebrate. A. Sommerville led the team with 13 points despite picking up 2 fouls well A. Zachary added 12 and K. Mulligan added 10.

In the 2nd half both teams would continue to make runs. First it was Gonzaga going up by as much as 14 points (77-63) but then Boise would make a run of its' own as SR SG Bud Wilkins came up huge scoring 18 of his 20 points off the bench hitting 6/8 from deep after going 0/3 in the 1st half.

With 27 seconds to play it Boise led by 3 (95-92). Gonzaga had the ball but Cherokee Humphrey would come up with the steal and quickly dish the ball to Regis Perkins who would draw the foul. Perkins would hit the first of 2 FT's to make it (96-92). Gonzaga would look to score quick and then did as Zachary throws down a dunk to make it (96-94) with 19 seconds to play. Humphrey would take the inbound and draw the quick intentional foul sending him to the line where he would make his first 2 and only points of the game (98-94). Down by 4 with 19 seconds to play, the Bulldogs would inbound again looking for a quick basket but this time Zachary's shot finds to much glass as it takes a weird bound. A quick outlet to Cherokee Humphrey kept the Zag's from the quick foul as they finally make contact with just 9 seconds to play. Humphrey however is unable to connect on either FT leaving the Zags another last ditch effort. Mulligan drives the court and looks to create, but time is running out, his 3pt at the buzzer falls short as Boise State holds on for the win.
FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE-98 GONZAGA-94

KEY PLAYERS
R. Perkins leads all scorers with 26 pts (2/5 3pt) as he scores 17 in the 2nd half despite sitting for a long stretch with 4 fouls.

K. Stafford scores only 5 pts in the 2nd half but finishes with 20 and a team high 8 rebounds.

B. Wilkins also scores 20 pts leading the bench unit as he finishes 6/11 from deep.

C. Borges also was quite in the 2nd half scoring only 4 pts but 18 pts on 4/6 3pt is a great debut for the Freshman.

C. Humphrey was 0/5 from the Field including 0/2 from 3pt and manages just 2 points but he did have a team high 9 assists.

T. Moreno was quite on in the scoring column taking just 1 shot and converting a bucket and 1 to finish with 3 points, but he did add 6 rebounds, 6 assists and had 4 steals.

As a team the Broncos were 4/11 from deep in the 1st half, but managed to hit 8/14 in the 2nd half (Wilkins hit 6) to finish 12/25.

K. Mulligan led the Zag's with 24 pts (4/8 3pt) and dished out 8 assists, but he also had 7 turnovers

A. Zachary scored only 4 points in the 2nd half finishing with 16, well A.
Sommerville was held scoreless before fouling out with his 13 1st half points.

As a team Gonzaga was 4/8 from beyond the arc in the 1st half but finished just 9/22

Coach Ryan after the game
Quote:
"Well I am happy with the end result, this game proves we have alot to work on. I hate losing the rebounding battle and we didn't just lose it we got our butts handed to us (36/23) and with Fischer expected to miss the next game, I expect that trend might continue, so we will need to continue to shoot lights out from deep"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 05:47 AM   #62
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

That’s a great win to open the season. That freshmen trio looks to be very, very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #63
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

What sliders are you currently playing on? I only ask because I know mine are pretty difficult but I feel I may be putting myself at a serious disadvantage with them. I want to make the game difficult but not unrealistic to the point where my stars are struggling to hit layups or my "three-point shooters" aren't able to hit any wide open shots. Much appreciated!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
What sliders are you currently playing on? I only ask because I know mine are pretty difficult but I feel I may be putting myself at a serious disadvantage with them. I want to make the game difficult but not unrealistic to the point where my stars are struggling to hit layups or my "three-point shooters" aren't able to hit any wide open shots. Much appreciated!
I am at work, but I will look tonight and send them to you and I get you. It's a struggle, missed layups are the worst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »