Home

Boston's Battle for Banner 18 (and Beyond)

This is a discussion on Boston's Battle for Banner 18 (and Beyond) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Boston's Battle for Banner 18 (and Beyond)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm mostly using Schnaidt's sliders but have made a few adjustments of my own (mainly making them a little friendlier from the user). Also, I should note that I switched to Real Player % instead of Shot Timing. Shot timing is too quick for me this year so I switched for now.

This is the thread for the sliders: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...y-sliders.html

And these are the adjustments that I made (if nothing is noted then i used Schaidt's settings:

Spoiler

They're still a WIP because I didn't really test them but I'll wait until I get 5-10 games under my belt before making any adjustments.

Thanks Jeremy. I tried schnaidt‘s slider Bit they were a little too hard for me although very promising. I also play with real % so your style matches mine.
I will try your changes and hope I get the same stats as you.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #10
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

NBA NEWS

11/8 - The 0-10 Phoenix Suns and Tyson Chandler have reached an agreement to buy out the veteran center’s contract. Once he clears waivers - he is expected to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-01-2019, 10:28 PM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

UTAH BLASTS BOSTON THANKS TO MITCHELL'S BIG GAME

BOSTON FALLS TO 5-7 ON THE YEAR

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 10:36 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
Thanks Jeremy. I tried schnaidt‘s slider Bit they were a little too hard for me although very promising. I also play with real % so your style matches mine.
I will try your changes and hope I get the same stats as you.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
These are definitely easier on the user than Schnaidt's. Most of the sliders in the forum seem hard for me. There's not really an "Average Joe" slider set this year so had to come up with my own. I was a Real % only user a few years ago, then switched to Shot Timing for a couple of years, and am now back to Real % because timing seems too quick for me this year. I find Shot Timing to be more fun and may consider moving back once I get the hang of things.

Hopefully, the sliders work out for you. I thought they were working pretty good for me but then I go out and lay an egg against Utah. I hoping it was an anomaly and not a sign of things to come.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

TRADE ALERT

The Jimmy Butler saga appears to have finally come to a close as the T'Wolves trade Butler and Justin Patton to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless and a 2022 second-round pick.

Jimmy Butler has his wish: He's out of Minnesota.

And just like that, Philadelphia has a new Big Three - one that could make serious noise in the Eastern Conference.

Minnesota has been one of the most disappointing teams in the league, as they sit at the bottom of the Western Conference with a 2-11 record.

Philadelphia is sitting at 8-6 and in fourth place in the Eastern Conference.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-02-2019, 09:19 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

BRAD STEVENS ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO THE STARTING LINEUP FOR THE STRUGGLING CELTICS

Boston's roster is loaded and they were expected to be one of the best teams in the East this season. However, things haven't gone according to plan so Stevens plans on shaking the lineup up a bit. The Marcus's (Smart and Morris) with joining Kyrie, Tatum, and Horford in the starting lineup and Gordan Hayward and Jaylen Brown to the 2nd Unit.

Stevens says the change isn't due to performance but to maximize the teams; strengths and weaknesses by putting players around each other who compliment each other a little better. He stated that he will mostly be going with a 9-man rotation with two almost entirely separate units - Horford and Baynes will mix in with both units but you will see a lot of Kyrie, Tatum, Smart, and Morris playing together and Hayward leading the 2nd unit with Brown and Rozier. Boston's young guys haven't performed that well and separated themselves from one another. Guys like Ojeleye, Theis, and Yabusele may get some minutes here and there but that mostly depends on foul trouble, some matchups or injuries. Robert Williams will also be called up from Maine to get some experience with the big club. However, until they get their record back to their standard, then expect a heavy dose of their top 9 guys.

Celtics Starters Stats - 18/19
PlayerGPMINPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGFG%3P%
Kyrie Irving1633.522.63.66.91.4.6.486..429
Marcus Smart1624.49.12.35.61.4.3.541.556
Jayson Tatum1631.719.45.12.51.11.4.531.387
Marcus Morris1625.68.46.31.7.6.1.364.339
Al Horford1631.41510.24.4.91.3.520.327

Celtics - 2nd Unit Stats - 18/19
Terry Rozier712.95.4.92.1.3.354.211
Jaylen Brown1629.410.43.61.81.3.4.406.259
Gordon Hayward1629.916.65.33.2.6.3.528.475
Aron Baynes1617.63.46.1.6.4.6.375.222

Celtics Bench Stats - 18/19
Brad Wanamaker22.52.5.500.667.000
Semi Ojeleye59.2.6.4.4.60.333.000
Daniel Theis1210.81.22.4.4.4.8.250.167
Guerschon Yabusele45.322.300.375.200

Boston is 8-8 and currently in 7th place in the East

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 01-02-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

NBA NEWS

CAVS MAKE A COACHING CHANGE AND A TRADE

First off, the Cavs have fired Head Coach Tyronn Lue after a 6-14 start. Cleveland — with the possible exception of Tristan Thompson — harbored no delusions of matching its success with LeBron. However, management did think it could compete for a playoff spot this season, but the early-season start should have shattered those delusions. Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman said in a statement released by the team. “We have respect and great admiration for Ty, not only as a coach, but a person. We thank him for the many ways he has contributed to our success, wish him the best and he will always be remembered for leading a very special Cavs team back against the odds to win the title in 2016.

"This is a different team equation, though, and one that we felt needed a different voice and approach that required this change.” Assistant coach Larry Drew will take over as interim coach for the remainder of the season.

For their second move, the Cavaliers have traded the 37-year-old sharpshooter to the Utah Jazz for Alec Burks and two future second-round draft picks.

For the Cavaliers, they're in rebuilding mode. The acquisition of Burks, a quality 27-year-old role player who has averaged 9.3 points per game during his career, will aid in that process.

As far as the Jazz are concerned, they are 13-9 record -- good enough for 6th in the Western Conference. Utah hopes the acquisition of one of the best sharpshooters in the league will help them as the push for a top seed out West.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 11:43 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

BOSTON SURGES PASSED CLEVELAND THANKS TO A HOT 3RD QUARTER

BOSTON IS 12-10 AND IN 6TH PLACE IN THE EAST

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »