Home

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Knicks It (2K19)

This is a discussion on If It Ain't Broke, Don't Knicks It (2K19) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #25
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
2018-19, Week 5

Is this still enough information to keep people looking? I've been flopping around with how much I should put in updates to still be able to spend more time playing games that working on posting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 11:18 PM   #26
MVP

patriotway's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2018-19, Week 5

I would have been fine with just the game updates because that alone looks like it could be time consuming.

If it's not too time consuming for you, then seeing the injuries and players of the week (like in your latest update) is a nice addition.

Boston Celtics
New England Patriots
Boston Red Sox
Old 05-15-2019, 11:42 PM   #27
Rookie

c.morecake2304's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If It Ain't Broke, Don't Knicks It (2K19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
time to start thinking about moving some pieces around don't you think 0-4 not a good look
Old 05-16-2019, 12:32 AM   #28
Pro

I like the format as it's been, if it helps the way I think about it is I try to put as much information as I want to give without being too time consuming. The quality of the work won't be there if you're just scrambling to try to make it more immersive. As I said though, you've been doing great with this. Just gotta turn the team around now lmao
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #29
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotway
I would have been fine with just the game updates because that alone looks like it could be time consuming.

If it's not too time consuming for you, then seeing the injuries and players of the week (like in your latest update) is a nice addition.
I normally prefer to do single game recaps. But I also have never reported a full basketball season since I started posting online. I do need to find a more streamlined version to make the updates, so in my free time I can get them together faster. Either way, I want to always have the weekly news on injuries, players of the week, and whatever transactions go down. It's always nice to world build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.morecake2304
time to start thinking about moving some pieces around don't you think 0-4 not a good look
You're always thinking about moving pieces, but it wasn't always the time to pull the trigger. I did trade away Lance Thomas to Cleveland for J.R. Smith because I can't shoot with Tim Hardaway Jr, even with Real Shooting % on. I don't like to make a bunch of moves to the time the team looks nothing like it does at the beginning of the season because that's not what I enjoy. The Porzingis situation is going to play out based on his morale when he returns from his injury, so if we keep losing like we are he may still be traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursup
I like the format as it's been, if it helps the way I think about it is I try to put as much information as I want to give without being too time consuming. The quality of the work won't be there if you're just scrambling to try to make it more immersive. As I said though, you've been doing great with this. Just gotta turn the team around now lmao
That's the key, trying to put out as much information as possible while still making it quick and simple to put together. I could always use the tables they have here but I liked have a little color and original flavor to my work. I think I'm just bad at managing my time.

I changed the sliders (I wish I could remember to what) in the last game, which I was winning until the final minute. What's crazy is that all the previous games were with the same sliders - I managed to have games within 10-12 points and games were I got blown out by 30+ all with the same sliders. Knicks gonna Knick.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #30
Rookie

Timmsoski's Arena

Nice start, love the layout! Just wondering, are you planning on playing every game?
Old 05-27-2019, 10:58 PM   #31
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmsoski
Nice start, love the layout! Just wondering, are you planning on playing every game?
I appreciate the comment. And yes, I've always played every game on all of my franchises (probably why I never get very far when posting along with it).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #32
Rookie

nice layout and work ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »