Home

#WeTheWest: Vancouver Grizzlies Story

This is a discussion on #WeTheWest: Vancouver Grizzlies Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2020, 06:30 PM   #65
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: GM'S 18 - 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Tough losses but Garnett is slowly becoming the Garnett we all know.
Yeah slowly, he's very skilled on both ends already, really good to play player lock with infact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
76-77...that's a mid-90s Knicks-Heat box score!
Yeah two bottom dwellers both struggling mightily this season! Slightly less punching and shoving in this game though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Tough roadtrip so far, but you're not far away from being competitive every night; that Magic blowout was rough (Penny feasted), but I can see where you're doing good work. Just a couple of shots make it in or balls bounce your way, and you'd be 2-1 on that roadtrip.
Away to the Raptors next, then the Kings! Playing Hall of Fame when I do play games, man it's tough with this roster, but will be rewarding when or if we turn the corner. 1 - 3 point losses are mounting up this season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #66
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Episode 2: An Old Friend.

Episode 2: An Old Friend.

Outside locker room in Fleet Center in Boston.

"Hey Earv man, how you doing?"

“Hey Larry brother, long time no see! I feel alright at the minute. I'm pumped up after that game, thought we would get the win!”

"Great game tonight Earvin. Yeah you guys sure need some wins quick. Boston ain’t doing much better either. Two teams at the bottom of their conferences.”

“Yeah we ain’t having much luck so far this year Larry. We both know how much you need to get W’s in this league.

"You got it Earv. That kid Garnett is looking good already. He’s filling up the box score nightly. Solid move getting him. And our guy Ricky Fox. I think we made a mistake letting him go. Love his defensive effort. Really gets after it.”

“You’re right Larry, like those two move’s we made. Fingers crossed those two can keep playing like they have. I still think we are missing quite a bit though. You still shooting hoops?!

"Damn straight Earv! Gotta scratch that itch. I’m still probably putting up more shots than half the league."

'For sure! 'I’ve started putting up some shots again the last few weeks and helping work with the guys when they practice too. Kurt likes having me down on the court with the guys. He’s a good teacher. And really likes to let everyone get some input. That Garnett kid is like a sponge though. Man you should come over to Vancouver some time and get involved in practice. The guy’s would love to see you around. How’s that back anyway?

"Good. I’ve had three years rest on it now. Have a whole new Yoga regime, stretching, physio the whole lot. Feel like a new man. Just in time for hitting the Big 4-0 next year."

“Happy belated 39th Larry, I totally forgot!

"No sweat Earv. Hey I might take you up on that trip to Vancouver. I’ll bring my boots too. You sure Kurt won’t mind me getting a few shots up with the guys?”

“Absolutely not Larry. I’ll give him the head’s up. Maybe you, me, Kurt, Mitch could lace them up and teach these young bloods a thing or two!

"Maybe. I’ll kick anyone’s *** in a 3 point shootout anyways."

“I don’t doubt it Larry! Hey keep in touch Larry.”

"Stay safe Earv, you’re in good shape by the way, those kids could do with having you on the real hardwood and not just in shootarounds.”

“Thanks Larry. And you too. I’ll still kick your *** though!

“Just bring it Earv!”
Old 03-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #67
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Episode 2: An Old Friend.

Do I sniff a Bird/Magic reunion tour in Vancouver?!?!?!!!?!?!?!

Do it. DO IT. I am here for that story line. The NBA will set Canada ablaze with Garnett, Bird, and Magic.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #68
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Re: #WeTheWest: Vancouver Grizzlies Story

I like KG's development so far, he's really stuffing up the stat sheet. Would love to see him get some more touches.

Hmm... interesting storyline developing in this most recent update.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:37 AM   #69
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Re: #WeTheWest: Vancouver Grizzlies Story

Wow I was just gone a few days and things really turned, something is definitely fishy with Magic selling his shares so early into owning the team. Maybe Magic is just backing out of a management role early again or maybe theres a hidden story, guess we'll be finding out soon.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:30 AM   #70
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM 23 @ Washington Bullets

Lacklustre Grizzlies shot down by Bullets.

December 8th, 1995 | by ESPN.COM

Box Score
Spoiler
Old 04-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #71
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Re: GM 23 @ Washington Bullets

Man, the Bullets handled Vancouver. KG did not do much that game, a timid 8-7. Armstrong got going the fouled out, which looks like made the team have to go deep into its bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #72
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM 24 @ Toronto Raptors

Grizzlies overpower Raptors in battle of Canada.

December 10th, 1995 | by ESPN.COM

In the first battle of Canada, the result did not go as expected. The Raptors have been a much more competitive team so far. Some of that would be due to the fact that the Eastern conference is not as strong at the bottom. People who actually watch the Raptors see a tough young team led by Rookie guard Damon Stoudemire, and joined in the backcourt by experienced BJ Armstrong. The two point guards share the court quite a bit and have given trouble to plenty of teams so far.

The Grizzlies multiple strong defenders though were able to contain both reasonably well tonight. Or more so contain how well they set the other Raptors up. Oliver Miller was the leading scorer tonight for the Raptors and he continues his good performances so far. He may not be adjusting to the local cuisine in Toronto as he has shed a lot of weight so far to the Raptors delight.

After an evenly matched nervous first quarter, the Raptors really took aim at their weaker fellow expansion franchise and pulled away to lead by 10 at halftime. The Raptors have found a way to have multiple players score double digits every night, and this has kept them in most games so far. The Grizzlies have often struggled to have more than 4 players do this. Tonight they had 5 guys in double figures, most notably Toronto's own Rick Fox.

Austin finishes over Zan Tabak.

Fox has started to come into his own in recent weeks for the Grizzlies, completely justifying his #1 expansion draft status for Vancouver. His 21 point, 7 rebound and 2 assist performance does not reflect how impressive he was in this game. He completely shut down Jerome Kersey and Tracy Murray, the Raptors two best wing players. Byron Scott performed equally as impressively by limiting BJ Armstrong to 11 points.

Scott has done everything he was expected to do this season so far and more. The veteran has performed well on both sides of the ball and really led by example. his 19 points were crucial, as the Raptors could not match up well with him. Austin has made the center spot his own in recent games, and tonight he hit double figures yet again.

Blue Edwards and Gerald Wilkins led the bench mob again tonight having some fantastic cuts to the basket for finishes through contact. Not to be forgotten the underrated performance of the night again goes to Kevin Garnett. His 9 points and 9 rebounds were impressive. He performed well against Oliver Miller, but when he bulks up you can tell he is going to be a stellar defender.

The Grizzlies stepped it up in the 3rd and 4th quarter and finally started to show their potential to the Canadian crowd. The Grizz can be an excellent defensive unit on their day, and this was one of them. With young Bruce Bowen set to return from injury this week, expect that defensive identity to ramp up further. Vancouver could do with a win streak soon, let's hope this is the start of one. Toronto will be disappointed how they struggled to score in the second half, they cannot solely rely on their transition offense against good defensive teams.

Box Score
Spoiler

Last edited by RMJH4; 04-01-2020 at 08:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »