Home

A West Coast Story - College Hoops 2k8 Legacy

This is a discussion on A West Coast Story - College Hoops 2k8 Legacy within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2021, 11:22 PM   #17
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A West Coast Story - College Hoops 2k8 Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Thanks, sorry for the late reply, my girlfriend was in town for the weekend and that kept me off the ps3 and OS.

I would also recommend Stud Bucket's The Bulgarian Brothers dynasty, it's really great.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #18
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Wheels Fall off for UC Davis After Strong First Half
November 16th, 2007

AUSTIN -- Friday, UC Davis came into Austin to square off against number 17 ranked Texas. Texas is undefeated on the year coming while UC Davis lost their opening night match up to New Mexico State. The Longhorns are led by Sophomore point guard D.J Augustin.

As soon as the game tipped off everything went right for UC Davis, Vince Oliver was hitting everything he put up. Dominic Calegari was able to stretch the floor allowing room for Lopez-Low in the paint and David Carter to drive inside. Anything Texas's high power backcourt put up, UC Davis had a counter.

Augustin and A.J Abrams, Texas' backcourt duo each were able to carve into the paint and score inside. Lopez-Low did block two shots in the first half but outside of him, there wasn't much resistance. Michael Boone was too slow-footed to use his size effectively when he came in off the bench.

Going into the half UC Davis was somehow up, the upset alert was put out, and going into the second half everyone was excited to see if UC Davis could hold onto their slim lead.

As soon as the Longhorns came out of the tunnel they were scoring, UC Davis' offense completely shut off. The Aggies couldn't buy a shot even Vince Oliver was missing. Coach Keon Reid called a timeout and tried to regroup his starter to no avail.

Texas was electric on offense, their bench duo of Harrison Smith and Chapman Atkinson led the way with 20 combined points in the second half. Atkinson took advantage of Michael Boone, the two played just five minutes against each other and Atkinson scored ten points.

Texas scored an astounding 62 points in the half, that was with only one three-pointer made in the half. UC Davis simply had no response to the Longhorns. Turning what started out as a promising game into an embarrassment for Coach Reid.

Last edited by RolePlayer; 03-31-2022 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:08 PM   #19
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpxhughuet
Hey man, definitely enjoying this! Honestly is hard for me to get into college dynasties but I like the direction this is heading and love to learn about the team you're playing as, honestly had never heard of UC Davis but saw they have the one D1 tournament appearance to their name so I better give them so respect, and we will see how many appearances they have once you're done with them.

Really enjoyed your late 90's dynasty with Houston so hoping for more of the same, and I feel you on the commitment issues, I'm the exact same when it comes to keeping interest in a dynasty!
Thanks glad to have you interested. I didn’t know of UC Davis either before I started, the season I’m playing 07-08 is actually basically their first season in serious D1 basketball after moving up from D2. Their roster is one of the worst in the game and it may be some time but I think Coach Reid can certainly see some success here.

I’m glad you enjoyed the Houston Rockets dynasty. I enjoyed it too short as it was but feel like due to the fact the team was basically already built and good I wasn’t able to get invested. As I have always enjoyed building things up.

I’m the opposite I’ve always been more invested into college games than pro games. I’ve never been a fan of being good for too long and have always enjoyed the turnover and randomness of college sports franchises. College hoops 2k8 in particular since it’s not just building a team but also a career where you’re looking out for your coaches best interests along with the teams.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #20
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Whoa...I know CHoops does a good job of representing swings in momentum, but that's the biggest swing I think I've ever seen. Likely the correct outcome, but after the first half you had to have some hope.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:07 PM   #21
Rookie

DJ Augustine balled out. Tough when you think you have them in the first and then they come out serious in the second half to blow you out of the water.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 10:59 PM   #22
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Whoa...I know CHoops does a good job of representing swings in momentum, but that's the biggest swing I think I've ever seen. Likely the correct outcome, but after the first half you had to have some hope.
Yeah, I have definitely had my fair share of games as a small program where we start out hot against the major program then fall off in the second half. Nothing like this game however, as soon as Texas came out in the second half they were unstopable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
DJ Augustine balled out. Tough when you think you have them in the first and then they come out serious in the second half to blow you out of the water.
Yeah DJ was the guy I was the most worried about going in and he lived up to that. He's probably was one of the best players we face off against all season.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:38 PM   #23
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

2007-08 UC Davis Basketball Recruiting
Aggies Offer Both Their Scholarships

Dedrick Watson is all but committed to UC Davis

One of the top priorities for Coach Reid in his first season as a coach was to find a big man for the future. Dedrick Watson was someone most believed wouldn't be interested in UC Davis due to the fact one of his stated top priorities was landing at a big college. However, he has built a strong relationship with UC Davis Head Coach Keon Reid and is expected to sign as soon as the signing period opens up in a few weeks. While his height isn't ideal he is believed to be a versatile big man who can hit a shot away from the basket and can hold his own on defense.

Watson was getting looks from UNLV, UC Riverside, and UC Irvine. However, it's believed all three teams have dropped him for their target lists in the past week.

Top 105 Recruit Leaning Towards UC Davis

Jimmie Harris is the first recruit that Keon Reid called once he landed the job at UC Davis. Harris is one of the top players in Los Angeles and played ABL basketball with Dedrick Watson the other UC Davis scholarship offer. Harris is an interesting recruit in that he wasn't interested in UC Davis initially but once Reid got the job he really connected with the first-year coach. Harris brings a skill set that is centered around defense. He can guard positions 1-4 but is also a solid offensive player who can score at all three levels.

It's unlikely that Harris will sign during the short in-season signing window however, our experts are predicting he signs with UC Davis down the road. He's taken multiple visits to the school and already has a relationship with his teammate Dedrick Watson who is reportedly signing with the Aggies once the signing window is open.

UCLA, UNLV, and UC Riverside are all believed to be also interested in Harris.

Jeremy Peavy is there as a Backup Option

Coach Keon Reid has mainly been placing his eggs into the baskets of Watson and Harris however, there is a few other recruits he's stayed in contact with. Jeremy Peavy from San Diego is one of them. Peavy is a two-star recruit who brings strong shooting and defense.

Peavy is believed to be targeted as a back up option by both UC Riverside and UC Davis. Who have both had scouts at one his games in recent weeks.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #24
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Oliver has had some great games to start the season, especially great shooting percentages. Assuming he's drawing all the attention from the defense, surprising to see him go 10-for-18 against Texas. Hopefully you can add some good freshman for his senior year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »