Home

Boxing Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Boxing Off-Topic within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2019, 05:25 PM   #4945
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
All depends on how flexible you are with "elite". I think him and Garcia were considered the top 140 guys for about three years. For the most part, his losses to Judah and Alexander were considered as not happening. In any event, his upset loss to Postol exposed him and the fractured orbital bone he suffered in that fight took too much out of him.
Matthysse was elite at junior welter. I don't think he ever carried that to 147 because the field of top fighters is much deeper at welterweight, one of boxing's three marquee weight classes along with middleweight and heavyweight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #4946
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Matthysse was elite at junior welter. I don't think he ever carried that to 147 because the field of top fighters is much deeper at welterweight, one of boxing's three marquee weight classes along with middleweight and heavyweight.
Sorry, PK-somehow totally screwed up your welterweight designation (even though I highlighted it, LOL). I read right over it.

He was done before he came to 147.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #4947
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Still he "seemingly" had the power to close the deal in those debatable fights and couldn't. His best fight was against Lamont Peterson. I was surprised he couldn't beat Danny Garcia. You make good points though.
I think that bad cut that Matthysse got in the Garcia fight really altered the way that fight went. I'm a little surprised that we never a rematch of that bout, but it's way too late for that now.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #4948
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Kovalez might be in for a rough time tonight. His legal problems, endurance issues, and the last fight still being in his head all weigh against him.

Very late start time (Midnight EST).
Old 02-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #4949
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Kovalez might be in for a rough time tonight. His legal problems, endurance issues, and the last fight still being in his head all weigh against him.

Very late start time (Midnight EST).
Yeah I agree. Weird how espn is basically showing boxing and mma back to back to back on the same night. Also advertising lakers vs warriors on abc. Very busy night of sports.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2019, 05:20 PM   #4950
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Making excuses, truth or a little bit of both? Very intriguing rematch. In addition to Buddy McGirt training him, he also has strength and conditioning coach Teddy Cruz assisting him.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #4951
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Impressive victory for Kovalez. Buddy McGirt's "just touch him, keep it simple" strategy plus Sergey's obvious improvement stamina-wise carried the day. Those heavy-handed "touches" gave Alvarez a medium size beating throughout the fight. His attempts at windup right hands either missed or were absorbed without consequence by Kovalez.

I thought 120-108 was more accurate than 116-112.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #4952
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Impressive victory for Kovalez. Buddy McGirt's "just touch him, keep it simple" strategy plus Sergey's obvious improvement stamina-wise carried the day. Those heavy-handed "touches" gave Alvarez a medium size beating throughout the fight. His attempts at windup right hands either missed or were absorbed without consequence by Kovalez.

I thought 120-108 was more accurate than 116-112.
Yeah alverez really didnt do anything in that fight. Do you think the Lopez vs lomo fight will happen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »