Home

Boxing Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Boxing Off-Topic within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-12-2024, 10:07 AM   #6321
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Hopefully we've seen the last of Kambosos in a title fight. Dude brings absolutely nothing to the table
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2024, 11:28 AM   #6322
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
Hopefully we've seen the last of Kambosos in a title fight. Dude brings absolutely nothing to the table

As basic a fighter as there is. No footwork, no head movement, basically just sitting there trying to fight off the back foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2024, 08:48 PM   #6323
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
As basic a fighter as there is. No footwork, no head movement, basically just sitting there trying to fight off the back foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed but the most frustrating thing about Kambossas is tyat when he actually attacks move forward and let his hands fly he is successful because of quick hands but him fighting off his back foot is horrible!! he literally beat Teo by letting his hands fly and attacking!!
Old 05-13-2024, 08:17 AM   #6324
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Agreed but the most frustrating thing about Kambossas is tyat when he actually attacks move forward and let his hands fly he is successful because of quick hands but him fighting off his back foot is horrible!! he literally beat Teo by letting his hands fly and attacking!!
Agreed. Although, and I know I'm in the minority here, I think Teo is overrated.
Yes he beat Lomo, but I thought Lomo wasn't his true self that night. He started slow, gave rounds away early and it was too much to overcome. But the 2nd half of the fight, he took it to Lopez.
I'm not saying Teo isn't a good fighter, but I think the hype that was heaped on him after the Lomo victory was more than he deserved.
If given a chance to run that fight back, I think Lomo wins fairly easily.
But we'll never know because Teo can't make 135.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Lol he knew exactly what he was taking and their is a reason why he chose to come in overweight, His team knew he was on PEDs and the predictable denial even though he was shown positive tests is maddening because you can kill someone in the ring with this advantage. He will test positive for B sample but will still deny deny and people will defend him with conspiracies!! Delahoya Hopkins Garcia all shady. Haney took a illegal beating he might not recover from!!
That's the worst part. Haney may never be the same. Even if they reverse this decision to a NC, it does damage to the fighters psyche.
I think of Cotto who took a beating from the loaded hands of Margarito. He should have been thrown in jail for that. Cotto is still a HoF fighter, but who knows how that loss affected his physical and mental being.
I hope Garcia gets a looooong suspension and TBH, I don't need to see him fight ever again.
Old 05-18-2024, 12:09 PM   #6325
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Getting ready for the Fury-Usyk fight.

Can Usyk do it? He's the better boxer and I wonder if Fury's head is fully in the fight but the size may just be too much to overcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2024, 07:47 PM   #6326
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

My ******* bought the fight and then didn’t realize how early it was starting lol.
Old 05-18-2024, 08:37 PM   #6327
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

It was a great fight and had basketball like runs.

First two rounds -- Fury had nerves. The showboating was false bravado.

Rounds 3 thru 7 -- Fury settled in and it became apparent that Usyk's strategy wasn't going to work (more below)

Round 8 -- This was the round that decided the fight. Yes the excitement happened in 9, but this round planted that seed. This was when Usyk solved the Fury equation.

Round 9 -- Been a while since I've seen someone that hurt. Fury was literally moving on instinct alone.

Round 10 -- I felt like Usyk was flirting with disaster by not being aggressive here.

The reason I say Usyk's original strategy wasn't going to work -- yes he pressured Fury in the sense of moving forward and staying in front of him, but he was boxing very conservatively. Mostly just jab potshots at the body or trying to outbox Fury. But Usyk realized he was getting hit more often and harder by playing it safe. Tyson's accuracy, hand speed, and anticipation are underrated. Tyson was in the zone and knew just when to throw that uppercut and it was winning him the fight.

But then Usyk realized what many people know -- Tyson is very poor defensively. So Usyk changed it up and started lunging. He lunged forward with a opening shot to the body and then followed with what is typically a very sloppy overhand to the head. But Tyson's defense being what it is those overhands landed time and time again.

So perhaps surprisingly the winning tactic wasn't for Usyk to outbox or outsmart Fury. It was to lunge forward and head hunt. Tyson's size was too great for Usyk to overcome by standing in the pocket and trying to outbox him.

(entirely possible this was the original strategy and Usyk came in with the idea of laying back in the first half to win the fight in the second half)

I feel like the rematch would go the same way. Almost like Fury vs Wilder but Fury is in the opposite role. Fury is too old and advanced as a fighter to change his habit of trying to defend with outstretched arms. Its like instinct at this point so his head will always be exposed.
Old 05-19-2024, 04:50 PM   #6328
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It was a great fight and had basketball like runs.

First two rounds -- Fury had nerves. The showboating was false bravado.

Rounds 3 thru 7 -- Fury settled in and it became apparent that Usyk's strategy wasn't going to work (more below)

Round 8 -- This was the round that decided the fight. Yes the excitement happened in 9, but this round planted that seed. This was when Usyk solved the Fury equation.

Round 9 -- Been a while since I've seen someone that hurt. Fury was literally moving on instinct alone.

Round 10 -- I felt like Usyk was flirting with disaster by not being aggressive here.

The reason I say Usyk's original strategy wasn't going to work -- yes he pressured Fury in the sense of moving forward and staying in front of him, but he was boxing very conservatively. Mostly just jab potshots at the body or trying to outbox Fury. But Usyk realized he was getting hit more often and harder by playing it safe. Tyson's accuracy, hand speed, and anticipation are underrated. Tyson was in the zone and knew just when to throw that uppercut and it was winning him the fight.

But then Usyk realized what many people know -- Tyson is very poor defensively. So Usyk changed it up and started lunging. He lunged forward with a opening shot to the body and then followed with what is typically a very sloppy overhand to the head. But Tyson's defense being what it is those overhands landed time and time again.

So perhaps surprisingly the winning tactic wasn't for Usyk to outbox or outsmart Fury. It was to lunge forward and head hunt. Tyson's size was too great for Usyk to overcome by standing in the pocket and trying to outbox him.

(entirely possible this was the original strategy and Usyk came in with the idea of laying back in the first half to win the fight in the second half)

I feel like the rematch would go the same way. Almost like Fury vs Wilder but Fury is in the opposite role. Fury is too old and advanced as a fighter to change his habit of trying to defend with outstretched arms. Its like instinct at this point so his head will always be exposed.
Excellent post my man agree 💯!! I think that was the last of what Fury has he has lost that split second reaction to punches and he is getting hit hard now!! he also could not pull that trigger the last 2 roiunds!! He wouldve been better served smothering Usyck thats what got him tired!! he also had him hurt butcould not follow it up!! age and wars have caught up to him!! but he is a straight warrior

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »