Home

ESBC Roster Announcement

This is a discussion on ESBC Roster Announcement within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #9
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ESBC Roster Announcement

Very excited for this, but trying not to get too hyped. Don't really know much about the team behind this and how they plan to do all of those fighters justice in their game. Guess we will see where it goes.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This video is hype as ****. EA wasted this opportunity, I'm glad someone finally picked up the torch. This is looking like the one.
It'll be day 1 for me, it's kind of embarrassing for EA and other MAJOR corporate entities that these guys could get this level of partnerships. The roster is banana's that's for sure. Getting the WBC belt was also smart as well as the cornermen and other peripheral type guys (something that may not have even occurred to other studios)

I would love to know the details of their financing(s) as to how they got this thing done. As far as I know they are a brand new small indie studio?

Having said all of that and also getting hyped up along with all you guys... the punches don't look very good - I hate to say it but I can't pretend like I didn't notice a few negative things and they are all animation based. Footwork and ring movement looks good - well done there. Punches which are arguably the most important part of the immersion and animation look off. They lack the perception of force in some ways as well as on the receiving end. I wish I could lend a voice to them here. I don't know if they did mo-cap, but to me a potential hurdle starts with this type of mindset:

We mo-capped ___ super star throwing a right cross so it's perfect. We have the perfect data and animation is linked directly to that so there is no arguing that.

Even if they aren't doing that, the problem is that videogames exist in their own distinctive realm. A perfect technique in real-life will often not look good in a videogame, just as it would not in a movie. More visual cues need to be given, more exaggeration, more speed ramping, more cause and effect. You need to SELL the movement and the HIT.
So far, every small clip I've seen of punches, they are not coming off well. Whether it's regular animation or mo-cap, the torque isn't there. I could talk about this forever lol, but I hope they realize this and how to get it on the right track
Old 03-23-2021, 08:10 AM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Cannot wait! In just keeping up with their discord and how they are choosing to go about things...I don't believe they will drop full release until they have the gameplay the way they want it. So, I'm not worried about those game clips. The game looks beautiful and the movement looks great. I'm confident they will get the punching down. Day 1...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #12
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

They seem to listen to feedback already so early access will be vital in sharing it and getting stuff tuned. If the punches feel flat, I’m sure the community will make it known.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:20 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
They seem to listen to feedback already so early access will be vital in sharing it and getting stuff tuned. If the punches feel flat, I’m sure the community will make it known.
They put out a release today stating that the Early Release will be this summer. They will also have a gameplay trailer dropping this week explaining the punch mechanics. Exciting times if you're a boxing fan.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #14
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
will they do console early access?
Old 03-23-2021, 06:29 PM   #15
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
will they do console early access?
Early access is through steam and PC only. Consoles may eventually adopt something similar but probably not anytime soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Early access is through steam and PC only. Consoles may eventually adopt something similar but probably not anytime soon.
Fingers crossed someone figures out a way to mod this game on pc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »