Home

A Chiefs Dynasty (HC 09)

This is a discussion on A Chiefs Dynasty (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: A Chiefs Dynasty (HC 09)

Couple of questions about your offensive line:

1. It would have been a good idea to trade for Joe Staley from SF. He has a 94 potential under the zone blocking philosophy, and he's pretty good at any offensive line position. I've always been able to get him from SF for a couple low round picks in the next 2 drafts.

2. Why didn't you use your 2nd round pick to draft RT Bowling Green. It was a need, and you wouldn't have needed to move Boma to RT.

3. Not sure why you're starting a vet at LG. There are plenty of talented guards in the first English draft, and you could have traded the vet for a draft pick. Talented offensive linemen are easy to come by under the English path. It may be a bit harder with the zone blocking philosophy, though.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wk 1 Vs Chargers

Well that was interesting. The Chargers were plagued with turnovers. LT fumbled the ball on three consecutive runs all of which were recovered by the Chiefs, while Phillip Rivers was picked off 4 times. Brady Quinn was effective except for his one pick. When the game was won, Jake Scott came in and proved that he is going to be a very good QB in the future.

Chiefs 62-10 Chargers

Stats
B.Quinn - 12/20 for 176 yards, TD, INT
J.Scott - 8/10 for 108 yards, 3TD's
M.Mannigham - 5 catches for 85 yards, 2 TDs
J.Finley - 4 catches for 12 yards, 2TDs
A.Simms - 8 Tackles, 7 TFL, 2 Sacks, 2FFUMB, 1 FMBRE
K.Phillips - 4 Tackles, 2 TFL, 2 INTs, FFUMB, FMBRE, 2 TDs

Players of the week
Defence - Kenny Phillips

Wk 2 Vs Jaguars

Wow this was ugly. Brady Quinn could barely complete a pass except to the opposing team. After 2 picks Quinn was yanked and Jake Scott took over. Casey Barone finally managed to get something going on the ground running for 83 yards. The Jags drove the field at the end of the 4th taking 3 shots into the endzone. On the third a Nnamdi Asoumougha pick ended the comeback.

Chiefs 13 - 6 Jaguars

Stats
B.Quinn - 9/23 for 139 yards, 2 INTs
J.Scott - 6/8 for 59 yards, TD
C.Barone - 23 carries for 83 yards
L.James - 4 catches for 47 yards, TD
A.Simms - 6 tackles, 3 TFLs, 3 Sacks
C.Steltz - 2 tackles, 2 INTs
A****bin - 1 tackle, 2 FMBRE
Old 11-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
Rookie

I didn't draft the RT from Bowling Green as I felt that Steve Justice could take the year as the starter again. I then moved Boma across as the other RG i drafted has a 95 pot. Waters will only start this year. I'm likely to draft a lineman next year or use Justice till another one comes out.

Never looked at getting Joe Staley as didn't know much about him.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #20
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Im interested to see how Quinn works out for you. I kept him as a b-up for 2 yrs then his number dropped like a rock. Looks like he is as unpredictable as ever though right now. Good luck with him.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #21
Rookie

Through the 2 games Jake Scott is looking like the better Qb. Will persist with Brady Quinn for the next few games but if his numbers keep doing the same and Scott keeps putting up decent numbers in the 4th then I'm likely to then bench Quinn and start Scott.

What do you guys think of my roster. Feel it's preety solid with the exception of the always injured Brian Waters.

Next year can already see that my draft picks will be spent on maybe a proper playmakign TE, a top notch LG and not sure where else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 26

Roster looks pretty good. I'd definitely look at acquiring Joe Staley if you can. He starts out at a 85 overall, but can progress to a 93 potential under the Balanced philosophy, 94 under your zone blocking philosophy. I've usually been able to pry him away from SF for at the most 2 fifth round picks in successive years, an acceptable price. He can play any position on the offensive line, and does it pretty well. His contract would be pretty cheap for 3 more years, and you could shift Boma back to guard.

Last edited by Mike3207; 11-13-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #23
Rookie

Well I went looking for Joe Staley and the 49ers had him listed as a there starting LT, rated 87 OVR. I tried to trade but they weren't interested, then I realised I needed to release a player so I could make the trade. I released LT Austin Meyer (65/74). I then went back to the 49ers. I gave up a 4th round pick this year and one of my 2 1sts next year. Know it's a steep price, but it means I don't need to pick up a lineman for another few years. I moved Staley over to RT where he is now an 88/94, Boma to RG 89/95, Brice Taft to LG 81/95 and Tre Stallings to LT 70/71. I now have a OLine with an average rating of 88 which is liable to get higher as Brice Taft gets some game time.

For those of you wondering about how I intend to trade into the high first to grab Lankford I dont. With this OLine I really only need backups and they can be drafted late on. My plan now is to use my 2st to trade down in order to acquire some 2nd round picks this year or some extra picks the following year as this will be the first of my years where I may have to lose some guys to RFA.

BTW what does everyone think about me resigning Gholsten. Should I or shouldn't I, he seems a good fit as a speedy defensive end but I know he is going to ask for a barrel load of money.

Wk 3 Vs Raiders

Well Brady Quinn started brightly going 3 of 4 for 31 yards on the openinig drive, before going 4 of 12 for 85 yards including a pick, 43 of which came on one play. We were only leading 10-3 but I decided that I needed to pull Quinn and put Scott in and see if he could lead a comprehensive second half victory.

Scott didn't cover himself in glory in a second half where I didn't really throw the ball. Casey Barone stepped up though and carried the load leading the Chiefs to 3-0. My defence did hold firm apart from a couple of big plays including a 46 TD run for Warrick Dunn.

Chiefs 23 - 17 Raiders

Stats
B.Quinn - 7/18 for 116 yards, INT
J.Scott - 5/9 for 42 yards, INT
C.Barone - 33 carries for 166 yards, TD
A.Simms - 8 tackles, 6 TFLs, 4 sacks, FFUMB
J.Riley - 2 tackles, 2 INTs, TD

Player of the week
Defence - Juran Riley

Last edited by cabowers; 11-14-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:49 AM   #24
Rookie

Wk 4 vs Redskins

Man i'm going to have a rough portion of the season where i'm on the road alot, not looking forward to that.

Well this was nearly as big a blowout as my win over the Chargers. Brady Quinn protected the ball limiting him to only 17 passes before he was replaced in the 4th by Jake Scott. My rushing game though is what won me the game this week going over 200 yards in total on the ground. My defence also came up strong picking off Campbell twice but also holding the Redskins offence to 208 yards total.

Chiefs 42 - 7 Redskins

Stats
B.Quinn - 12/17 for 189 yards, TD. 33 yards rushing, 2 TDs
C.Barone - 30 carries for 184 yards, 3 TDs
A.Simms - 6 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 Sack
Z.Bowman - 3 tackles, INT, TD

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »