Home

Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09)

This is a discussion on Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09)

All right, here is the continuation of my Cardinals dynasty, I decided to leave the Cardinals after winning my second straight Super Bowl with them and my 3rd career Super Bowl. Here are the links of my two old dynasties:
The Path To victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty

The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

This time I made sure that there are absolutely NO spelling mistakes in the title. (If there is I will......)

K, enough trash talk, let's get to the good stuff. First is the current team roster before free agency:
PositionNameOVR/POTCap HitYrs leftBonusAge
QBZazzali90/9012.4M135M28
HBBradshaw79/803.3M27.5M27
WRBinger91/928.2M113M27
WRRedman85/892.7M45.6M25
TEMoffitt74/761.7M11M27
LTMiles85/85230K1025
LTFranklin80/801.3M11M28
LGKingsbury84/851M21.5M25
CMangold93/945M113M29
RGWoodyard85/85790K11.5M26
RGWatson72/73470K1025
RTSviket82/821.4M55M31
LEDumervil88/891.6M55M29
LEWare78/80280K1024
RECrumpler90/938.6M536M23
DTHarrison84/887.9M430M25
DTWilkes72/74340K1250K
LOLBHayes82/822.2M42.5M31
MLBHarris86/872.8M32M29
MLBBall79/82840K51M28
MLBPosluszny77/84770K41.8M28
ROLBMoffett85/87930K3500K22
CBRevis90/927.2M410M28
CBMcIcelvin84/854.1M33.5M28
CBBundy80/832M44M28
CBGlenn71/76300K1025
FSMinter80/848.2M218M25
SSRhodes90/913.9M25M31
SSPaige82/851.7M53.5M23
PLarson85/85699K1500K

Here are the draft class ratings and my draft picks:
QB-4, HB-5, WR-4, TE-1, OL-3, DE-4, DT-3, LB-3, CB-2, S-2
1st round --- 3rd pick
2nd round --- 35th pick
4th round --- 106th pick (from Bills)
Only 3 picks, this is going to be hard, because I like to rebuild through the draft. Looks like I'll need to rely on FA a bit more this year. I have 32M cap room.

Now the trditional analysis of each position
QB (Field General): Zazzali is not as great as I thought. I miss Robinson now. He has a 95 THP, 96 THA, and 96 AWR. Zazzali only beats him with a 98 THP, his THA and AWR are all 92, and right now his AWR is still at 88. I'll see if I can draft a QB and trade Zazzali or just let his contract expire. I'm half way through the combine, and I've found 2 QBs that could possibly be long term solutions.

HB (Balanced): Needs a lot of work here, this year's HB class is great, so I'll be focusing on scouting for sleeper players and trade up in the 4th or later rounds to get what I want.

FB (Blocking): I played the last season at the Cardinals with my 2nd TE Olson at playing as FB, not sure if I'm going to get one this year. Most of my plays the FB just run the route/pass block and barely even gets thrown at.

WR (Quick/Route Runner): Binger is the closest to what I'm looking for in a WR. His awerness is 96, catch is 98, and a route running skill of 99! Plus a 92 speed rating. I will try to keep him next year, it's really easy in this game to draft good WRs, but he is just too good for me to let go. Redman is fine, but he is more like a slot receiver right now. I forgot to look at the upcoming FA list. This year's WR class is great, but I do not have too many picks. I'll see who's in the FA class this year then make my decision.

TE (Playmaker): Moffit is hardly even a backup for my liking. This year's TE class sucks, so I'll looking for some1 in FA. Another option is to trade a TE. I'm most interested in my old #2 TE Olson back in ARizona. He has the Potential to be a starter. Plus I don't think the Cards would want too much for a backup TE.

T (Pass Block): The situation of the entire o-line except for C is like this. I have decent players, but just a little bit less then what I'm looking for. Guess I had the awsome roster at Arizona for too long, now I want every roster to be like that. The o-line will not be a major focus in the draft. I'm looking to find some late round sleepers to save the picks for more needed players.

G (Balanced): See above

C (Balanced): Mangold is great, and the money he's getting is exceptable too. I will definatly try to resign him next year if he doesn't ask for too much.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Continued...
DE (Undersize Speed Rusher): Dumervil has great skills, but he's old and does not have a very good health. The problem is that he is signed to a big 5 year deal with 5M bonus, so it will take a while before I can trade him. (What's wrong with the GM? Everyone on the team except for 4 guys all have a signing bonus!) Crumpler is a beast. I think he was the first overall pick last year when the Jets went 0-16. He is probably the only good early 1st round selection made by the Jets in 6 years. I think I'll stick with the starters for this year, since I only have 3 draft picks.

DT (Balanced): Harrison was another early 1st round picks by the Jets 2 years ago. He's good but is way overpaid. And his massive contract means that I won't ba able to get rid of him for a while. Sigh, at least he is young and healthy. The #2 DT spot is a big need. The DT class this year is decent, I'll see who's out there in FA, and decide to either draft a DT or trade for one.

OLB (locked at Prototype): Hey! Hayes was one of the old Cardinals I had before. He played well for me, but I'm afraid that his age will bring me some trouble. Moffett is good on the right, I'll try to find a good LB in FA. I have the most trouble at finding talent at this position in the draft.

MLB (locked at 3-4, want balanced): Harris is good, but his age had greatly reduced his health of his two legs. With my horrible trainer I don't think he can make it through a whole season, so I'll be looking for some1 in the FA to share time with him.

CB (locked at Prototype, want Man Coverage): This is probably the most talanted position on the team. Revis is awsome, McIcelvin (I might have copied down the wrong name, will check next time), has a man coverage rating of 87, and it can go to 91. This is all I'm looking for in CBs, almost all of the plays I use have them on man coverage with the #1 and #2 WRs. Bundy is a pretty good nickle back too.

FS (Coverage): Despite the high overall, Minter is horrible. His man coverage and zone are all below 50! I don't know how he got that 80 OVR. This will be a big FA focus. If I can't find anyone I'll have to look for trades. I'm not using someone who has a 46 man coverage at FS, no way.

SS (locked at Prototype, want Coverage): Rhodes, like Harris, is very good, but he also have two bad legs. The trainer I have just makes it worse. I'm not really sure what I will do here, maybe trade Rhodes for picks and let Paige start. But Paige is not as talanted as I want. I'll need to think about this more in the future.

K (Balanced): Lol I don't even have one, but I saw a great kicker in the draft with a very good KAC. Can't remember was it 97 or 92, lol. I'm worried though that he will be taken early in the draft, like 3rd or 4th round. So I will need to sign a FA kicker just to be secure, than if he falls to the 6th or 7th then I'll pick him up.

P (Big Foot): Larson has a 90 KPW and 87 KAC, good enough.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Looks good, I'm following. I might be switching to the Jets in my chise too next season, if I can get the game to work :\.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Pro

This is all the info I can give now. I planned to get the coaching staff and a FA target list down, but there were simplely not enough time.

I even forgot to check who the Cardinals hired as their new HC! Well, I guess it will remain as a mystery until Thursday. Hopefully they got someone good.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Banned

Maximum Panic's Arena

OVR: 3

No Vivtory?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Panic
No Vivtory?
Lol I checked the title like 10 times before I posted this. It's going to be funny if I still make a spelling mistake.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Banned

Maximum Panic's Arena

OVR: 3

but it's your trademark, like Heidi and Spencer's stupidity (If anyone here is a Speidi fan, the sowwy!), this thread is empty now
Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Panic
but it's your trademark, like Heidi and Spencer's stupidity (If anyone here is a Speidi fan, the sowwy!), this thread is empty now
Nah, I'll always have sily little mistakes here and there throughout this thread. I bet there's a mistake right in the first post. That is good enough for my original trade mark. Plus, I didn't like the "Cradinals" or "Vivtory" very much anyways.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »