Home

Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09)

This is a discussion on Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Clark and Briggs will definitely be upgrades for you at their position, but the length of their contracts tells me they are both approaching the end of their careers. Not sure what your team chemistry rating is, but I'd put some points into it to make sure they serve out their contract and don't retire prematurely.Mauia never showed up in FA bidding for me either, I had to wait for training camp where I signed him for the minimum.

Last edited by Mike3207; 02-12-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Just a random fact here, don't laugh at me if you guys found out about this ages ago, but I just noticed that Zazzali is a very good scumbling QB! His 3 speed ratings (speed, accel, aglity) are all around 85. This is no use for me since I have no QB option plays, but I think other teams will be interested, maybe I should trade him halfway through the next season after I get my rookie QB developed a bit.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Clark and Briggs will definitely be upgrades for you at their position, but the length of their contracts tells me they are both approaching the end of their careers. Not sure what your team chemistry rating is, but I'd put some points into it to make sure they serve out their contract and don't retire prematurely.Mauia never showed up in FA bidding for me either, I had to wait for training camp where I signed him for the minimum.
My team chemistry is 0 (or do you start at 1?) Anyways what I mean is that I've never put any points into it. Ii won't bother me much if they are going to retire after their deal. When I brought them in I did not consider them as long term solutions anyways. There is a sleeper TE in the draft that I think will be very good, not 100% sure yet though. And there's another TE rated higher compared to Clark. Briggs will be a little harder to replace in the draft, because LB is my least successful position in the draft. But I want to add the development skills before chemsitry. Even if I lose Briggs, there is always the trade option if I can't find a good LB in the draft.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
Just a random fact here, don't laugh at me if you guys found out about this ages ago, but I just noticed that Zazzali is a very good scumbling QB! His 3 speed ratings (speed, accel, aglity) are all around 85. This is no use for me since I have no QB option plays, but I think other teams will be interested, maybe I should trade him halfway through the next season after I get my rookie QB developed a bit.
Zazzali was always meant as a dual threat, a QB that can pass and run. You can always create or download some plays if you want that sort of QB. If you don't, target Tennessee or Philadelphia in trade. Both teams have Mobile/Speed as their QB Philosophy.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #37
Pro

Here is a list of my mean draft targets:
PositionNameProject Round
CBMike BestTop 5
HBTevin HamptonLate 1st
WRLarry KingsleyMid 2nd
C3rd or lower
RE3rd
RT3rd
TE3rd or lower
K4th or lower
QBHood5th or lower
MLBUndrafted

Sorry for the missing names, but I did not think of doing this when I was playing, so everything had to be done by memory. I will include the collage next time too.

From the chart you can see that I will be using my 3rd overall for Mike Best. I had changed McKelvin to FS, so this leaves the #2CB spot open, my GM unlocked his potential automaticly due to the specail skill that unlocks some of the top players in each position. When I saw how good he was I figured why not get if him I can, I've never taken anyone so early in the draft so this will be an exciting new experience for me too!

Expect some trade downs and trade ups all over the places, I need more picks to get all those guys that I want, but I also need high picks for guys like the Hampton that will go in a spot where I don't have any picks.

The 2014 NFL Draft. Heeeeere we go!
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #38
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I belive that the whole FB thing is a glitch, because in all of my careers I have never seen 1 FB show up in the free agency biddding period and countless times I have had and seen RFA FB's be dropped out into free agency... But, that's just from my personal experenice...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #39
Pro

Finally finished the draft, I was able to get most of the guys I wanted, and had 3 trade ups and 2 trade downs, here is what happened:

First I've got the updated draft target list:
PositionNameProject Round
CBMike BestTop 5
HBTevin HamptonLate 1st
WRLarry KingsleyMid 2nd
CSteve Rogowski3rd or lower
REJorge Chamber3rd
RT3rd
TEWright3rd or lower
K4th or lower
QBAuston Hood5th or lower
MLBSean MaysUndrafted

Notice that some players still have no or incomplete name, that's because I failed to get them.

Entering the draft I had 11.6M in the cap and three picks:
1st round --- 3rd
2nd round --- 35th
4th round --- 104th

With the 3rd overall pick, the Jets selected CB Mike Best from Washington. He is the best CB in this year's class, with great potential, man coverage, and speed. The biggest minus on him is that he is slightly undersized (5'11"), but his coverage skills and speed can make up for that. You are looking at a potential DROY here.

Th next target on the list is HB Tevin Hampton from Miami. This guy is an all-round back with great potential and skills, his weakness is his receiving ablilty, but I'm sure with his potential, he will develop in the future. I traded my 2015 3rd and 7th round pick, plus starting RG Woodyard (84) for the Ravens 22nd overall pick and got him.

Next player on my target list was WR Larry Kingsley. But when it was my pick at 35th overall, I felt that he can drop down more, and I needed picks to pick up other guys that I want, so I looked for a trade. The Cowboys were willing to give up their 40th, 200th, and 2015 4th round pick for my 35th pick.

Four picks later, it was my turn again, Kingsley was still far away from the top of the block, so I looked to trade down again. I ended up taking the Seahawks' 62th pick, 173th pick, and 2015 4th round pick. It wasn't really what I was looking for, but that was the best I could get.

As the picks went by, Kingsley looked more and more dangerous. Finally, when the Broncos offered their 49th pick, I jumped in, and gave up my 2015 2nd, 5th, and 7th round pick to draft WR Larry Kingsley from Oregon State. It turned out to be the right move, because after this pick the other WRs went flying.

I still have a 62nd pick left at near the end of round two. Then I saw C Steve Rogowaski from Ohio State on top of the o-line list. He's got great strength and blocking skills, plus decent footwork as well as good learning. From these facts I reconized him as a high potential player, and picked him with my 62nd pick.

This wraps up day one of the draft. I've got 4 talanted players so far. There are even more of them waiting for me to dig them out in day 2. I don't have much picks left, so I'm gonna have to use them carefully.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #40
MVP

Hate to interrupt your draft, but I've got a question. How have you chosen to develop your Head Coach? Do you go more with skills or special skills? All I know is from an earlier post where you mention your HC has a overall of 63.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »