Home

The Coaching Career of Walter Hayes (HC 09)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Walter Hayes (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
The Coaching Career of Walter Hayes (HC 09)

I have tried a few dynasties on here and something always seems to "just not be right" about them. Maybe I get greedy or fed up with the bonehead play of the teams...I am not really sure. I pick teams I like and I want them to be good now but I try to stay true to the intent of the game. So this time I am trying something different and hope it works out well. I am going to pick teams that I am not a big fan of and see how things go then.

Here are the rules though:
1. I will not use the English draft path. I normally play with the sound down, but I will make sure I save the game so I dont get that path.
2. I will not sign more than 3 FAs a year as starters. They have to have an 85+ Overall. However, I will sign back-ups as needed.
3. I will not use the "sign and trade" option, just sign a player with the intent of trading them.
4. After winning 3 Superbowls I will move to another team.
5. Coaches will be signed as needed. Normally after the first year quite a few coaches are replaced, but after that I will only replace those who retire or quit.

I use the same Philosophies:
QB: Field General
HB: Balanced
FB: Balanced
WR: Tall/Red Zone Threat
TE: Balanced
C: Balanced
G/T: Size/Strength/Mauler/Engulfer
DT: Balanced
DE: Prototype
OLB: Prototype
MLB: Power/Blitzer
CB: Balanced
FS: Centerfielder
SS: Smart/Productive
K/P: Balanced

Defense: LeBeau Zone Blitz; 4-3, Blitz Heavy, Zone Coverage
Offense: Holmgren West Coast, West Coast Normal

So let the games begin!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Re: The Coaching Career of Walter Hayes (HC 09)

Buffalo NY: Buffalo Bills owner Bob Baines announced the resignation of Head Coach Dick Juruon today. Baines said it was time to take the team in a new direction. "This team has 'almost been there' too many times. It is time for a new face, a new direction, and a new attitude." Baines wished Juruon well but refused to explain the reason for the sudden resignation.
Baines was hesitant to name the new head coach. Free Agency is only a couple of weeks away and any new coaches would need that time to get ready for the upcoming signing period. Rumors are flying around Buffalo that Special Teams Coach April will be named as the new head coach, but the comments that Baines made about "newness" has many people wary of who will be calling the shots in Buffalo next year.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Buffalo NY: Bills owner Bill Baines introduced a "new face" as the Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills today. Baines presented unknown Walter Hayes as the man in charge of the Bills for the next year. Hayes did not take questions today but promised to be available to the press in the next few days. Hayes stated that he will be evaluating the coaches and the players to see what changes need to be made.
Walter Hayes joins the Bills from Tiffin College in Tiffin, Ohio. He had spent the last 3 years there as the head coach after being promoted from defensive coordinator. The short biography issued to the press stated that Hayes had spent 10 years in the Air Force as a firefighter before joining the coaching staff at Tiffin. He was intially hired as the defensive line coach but was quickly promoted through the ranks. Hayes did not play college football, choosing to withdraw from college after his Freshman year to join the service. He is well known in Ohio for his quiet approach to coaching, but also known as a number cruncher who spends months going over players stats and numbers, but seemed to be very successful with it.
Coach Hayes joins a Bills team that is questioning itself and its ablility to win week in and week out. He faces a challenge in turning this once proud program back into a football powerhouse.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Position Evaluations
QB: Starting QB Edwards (76/89) will probably keep the job. He has good THP (92) and THA (87). Need #2 QB, with JP Loosman (66) holding the #3 job.
RB: Solid here. Lynch (87/92) will keep the starting job. Back-ups Jackson (76/81) and Wright (75/81) look solid, but may try to upgrade during the draft.
FB: Need for a starter. Barnes (76) doesnt have good enough hands
WR: Major need. Only worth keeping is Evans (83/86). Have 2 others tied into long-term contracts though, Reed (72) and Parrish (65/73). Will try to address during FA and draft.
TE: Another major need. Only 1 on the roster, Royal (64).
OT: Solid. LT Peters (88/90) looks good. RT Walker (85) also is a good fit. Will look to upgrade backups though.
OG: Also looks good for the short term. LG Dockery (85/86) amd RG Preston (81/85) are on contract years though
C: Major Need. Fowler (75) is a backup, at best. May try to trade for Mangold from the Jets.
DE: LE is tied up in contracts, Denney and Kelsay, both 82s. RE Schobel (88) looks good.
DT: Stroud (90) is great. May need some help here though. McCard is 2nd but is really a backup (71/81).
OLB: Major help needed. LOLB Crowell (80/81) and ROLB Ellison (77/81) are backups, not starters.
MLB: Posluszny (76/84) is listed as the starter, may try to upgrade via draft.
CB: McGee (82/85) is worth hanging on to, Greer and Yoboty...maybe. But need a great CB to build around. May try to sign one of the top CBs in FA.
FS: Major need. Wilson (75/79) is the starter, so must upgrade.
SS: Starter Donte Whitner (80/89) is solid, just need to improve.
K: Lindell (88/89) is under contract for 3 more years.
P: Moorman (88) is with us for 5 more.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

BUFFALO NY: The Buffalo Bills addressed 3 of their major areas of concern by taking advantage of their 43 million in salary cap room to sign 3 of the top players available. OLB Karlos Dansby (88/90)was signed to a 4 year/24 million contract with a 3.5 million bonus. The secondary saw 2 massive upgrades by the signing of CB Marcus Trufant (90/91) to a 5 year deal worth 36 million with a 6.0 million bonus and FS Eugene Wilson (89) signing a 5 year, 24 million dollar deal with a 3.5 million bonus.
CB Marcus Trufant imporved his standing with the fans and the team by offering to take a 5 million dollar cut to allow the team even more room under the salary cap.
The linebackers are still a concern for Head Coach Hayes and there are rumors that he may try to trade up to be able to draft OLB Keith Rivers. With the massive improvements on the defense and the money that is being spent, the fans will expect to see improvement in the team soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Don't see many people on here dive into FA like that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

That was a stretch for me to do that. I like to make sure I have money to spend if I need to...but this defense was in pretty bad shape and I had the money to do something with. In my other games I have ended up with 45+ million after about 3 years and I decided I would try to be more realistic with this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »