Home

The James Buffkin Story: Spreading the NFL

This is a discussion on The James Buffkin Story: Spreading the NFL within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: The James Buffkin Story: Spreading the NFL

Get a good slider set-I tend to use Ebongreen's, but I put Run Block about 10 higher and Defensive Awareness to 35.Default isn't real good for running the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Coach Buffkin got his wish: Over 100 yards rushing. On the first play, Ronnie Brown ran a 60 yarder for his first TD this season, and he and Turner combined for 146 rushing yards, a season high.

Although it helped tremendously, it wasnt enough. Miami put up a fight against the Patriots, and in the end it was one yard short of overtime.

Tom Brady had a game recognizing him as AFC Player of the Week, 3 TDs 1 INT 381 yards and a 74% completion percentage, but that was expected from him. The Pats ran for 111 yards in total, but its much less than what Miami has had the past two games.

Rodgers wasn't bad today, with 485 completion, 2 TDs and 238 yards, but he wasn't what he was last week. Buffkin called it out, and they payed the price today.

But to say the game planning went short, well, that would be inaccurate. The Patriots lost one game last year, and that was in the Superbowl. They are the best team in the AFC, and the fact that the Dolphins were just one yard short of making the game overtime, that says a lot. Coach Buffkin was still pleased with his team. To go from worst team in the NFL to being just there to overtime, it shows progress. And next time, there may be a new victor.

Final Score:
Dolphins 27
Patriots 34

Passing:
Rodgers: 81.3 BB Rating 2 TD 1 INT 238 yards 48% comp
Johnson: 1 TD 0 INT 46 yards 100% comp

Rushing:
Brown: 11 att 108 yards 1 TD 9.8 av
Turner: 9 att 38 yards 4.2 av
Rodgers: 3 att 14 yards 4.66 av

Receiving:
Boldin: 10 rec 146 yards 2 TD
Ja. Johnson: 4 Rec 69 yards
Bebbett: 3 rec 36 yards
E. Johnson: 2 rec 8 yards 1 TD
Peterson: 2 rec 17 yards

Defense:
Gooden: 9 tackles
Suggs: 7 tackles
Allen 7 tackles 1 INT
Holliday 4 tachkles 1 TFL 1 Sack 1 pass def
Campbell 2 tackles 1 TFL 1 sack

It's never easy to walk away from a loss, but there were definitely positives coming out. Boldin had another amazing game, making his trade seem more worth it each week. He and Bennett have combined 45 receptions, 718 yards, and 5 TDs in only three games. Aaron Rodgers has a season 118.1 QB Rating, second only to Drew Brees' 121.8. Rodgers also has the most passing TD's so far, 11, and 4th most yards, with 834. With improvement each week, this team looks promising. Next week is a bye, then the Chargers come to town. Will Miami become 3-1?

Input: Wow. I felt like I was really in the game, it was that intense. Usually watching the games, I'm not too into it. But man, this game I was cheering, screaming, praying... And to have a catch to Bennett, to be one yard short... ah!!! But I definitely like it. I decided to wait til after week five to change the sliders, but I think ill keep them where they are, or maybe only tweak them a little bit. Rodgers was good, but not the animal he was last two weeks, and finally we had a running game. So it will be interesting to see how they effect it later.

Next week is a bye, and every four weeks I plan to update what is going on around the NFL.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #27
Rookie

Week 4:

NFL Quarterly Report:

First off would be statistical standouts. In no order, these are the some notable QBs by week 4:

Brees (NO): 115.4 QB Rating 10 TD 2 INT 1022 yards 255 ypg 64% comp
Brady (NE): 111.9 QB Rating 10 TD 2 INT 904 yards 301.3 ypg 67% comp
Rodgers (MIA): 118.1 QB Rating 11 TD 2 INT 834 yards 278 ypg 65% comp
Romo (DAL): 92.8 QB Rating 12 TD 7 INT 1333 yards 333.2 ypg 63% comp
Manning (NY G): 116.2 QB Rating 6 TD 1 INT 857 yards 285.6 ypg 73% comp
Walter (OAK): 17.8 QB Rating 1 TD 9 INT 469 yards 117.2 ypg 37% comp

Running Backs:
Larry Johnson (KC): 73 att 431 yards 5 TD 5.9 av
Willie Parker (PIT): 97 att 408 yards 2 TD 4.2 av
Steven Jackson (STL) 86 att 379 yards 0 TD 4.4 av
Ladanian Tomlinson (SD): 72 att 372 yards 6 TD 51.av
Marion Barber (DAL): 55 at 249 yards 5 TD 4.5 av
Marshawn Lynch (BUF): 65 att 304 yards 5 TD 4.6 av

Receiving:
Terrell Owens (DAL): 43 rec 517 yards 3 TD
Chad Johnson (CIN): 29 rec 425 yards 2 TD
Earl Bennett (MIA): 23 rec 345 yards 1 TD
Anquan Boldin (MIA): 22 rec 336 yards 6 TD
Andre Johnson (HOU): 22 rec 385 yards 4 TD
Tony Ganzalez (KC): 32 rec 409 yards 0 TD
Ruvell Martin (GB) 17 rec 342 yards 0 TD

Defense:
Top Tackles:
Demeco Ryans (HOU): 46
Thomas Howard (OAK): 38
Derrick Brooks (TB): 38
Patrick Willis (SF) 36

Sacks:
Chris Long (KC): 8
Robert Mathis (IND): 9
Julius Peppers (CAR): 5
Calais Campbell (MIA): 5

Interceptions:
Brian Urlacher (CHI): 4
E.J. Henderson (MIN): 3
Cortland Finnegan (TEN): 3
Leodis McKelvin (ATL): 3

Notable Injuries:
QB: None

HB: Joseph Addai (IND) Torn PCL 3 Months
Reggie Bush (NO) Bruised Hip 4-6 weeks
Brian Westbrook (PHI) Tricep Strain 2-3 weeks
Rashard Mendenhall (SEA) Pending

WR:
Donnie Avery (BAL) Seperated Shoulder 3-5 weeks
Desean Jackson (MIA) Cracked Leg Bone 1-3 weeks

OL:
C Kevin Mawae (TEN) Torn Quad 5-6 Months
RT Todd Wade (WAS) Torn MCL 5-6 Months
RT Ryan Diem (IND) Torn ACL and PCL 5-6 Months

DT: Glenn Dorsey (OAK) Raptured Spleen 2 Months
Ted Washhington (CIN) Torn PCL 7 Weeks

LB:
Davind Harris (NYJ) Seperated Shoulder 4-6 Weeks

CB:
Randall Gay (KC) Strained Hamstring 4-9 Weeks

Standings:
AFC East:
  1. Patriots 2-1
  2. Dolphins 2-1
  3. Jets 1-3
  4. 1-3
AFC West:

1. Chiefs 4-0
  2. Chargers 3-1
  3. Broncs 1-3
  4. Raiders 0-4
AFC South:

1. Colts 3-0
  2. Jaguars 3-1
  3. Titans 2-2
  4. Texans 0-4
AFC North:

1. Steelers 4-0
  2. Browns 2-2
  3. Bengals 1-3
  4. Ravens 1-3
NFC North:

1. Vikings 3-1
  2. Lions 2-1
  3. Packers 1-3
  4. Bears 0-4
NFC South:

1. Saints 4-0
  2. Bucs 2-2
  3. Falcons 1-3
  4. Panthers 1-3
NFC East:

1. Cowboys 4-0
  2. Giants 2-1
  3. Redskins 1-3
  4. Eagles 1-3
NFC West:

1. Rams 3-1
  2. Seahawks 2-1
  3. 49ers 2-2
  4. Cardinals 2-2 (dang it!)
Input: Ive seen other stories with graphs and charts and all that... It would really save me time. Someone care to help me on how to do those? :P lol. But NFL wise, some teams surprisingly getting it done, like Kansas City. Really shocked with Philly, as in my games Either Westbrook, McNabb, or Brady get MVP year one. But i guess Westbrook's injury probably set them back. Pretty legit that Rodgers is putting up Rodgers numbers like in real life. Maybe I can make a star of him yet! Only have San Diego to overcome, then with Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo, I should get W's. Maybe a struggle in Denver, doubt it though. Could be trouble in Seattle afterwards if they play well. But then Oakland, who is horrible, then the big game: Rematch with Hal Ophamer. That game may very well decide who wins the division. Wouldn't want to lose that at home, now
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #28
MVP

It's pretty easy to make the generators-Go to the Dynasty tab at the top, pick Dynasty Table Generators, choose a generator, print out a generator(most are 2-3 pages), fill it out, create a table, highlight the table information, copy it, and paste it within your dynasty. It does take some time to use the generators, though.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #29
Rookie

Sorry for not posting in awhile! Alot of difficulties. Life had to go first haha. But I'm back!

Week 5:

Coach Buffkin knew one thing was certain: A win was needed coming off of the bye week. And as the game against San Diego went on, he saw one man attempt to destroy that goal:

LT ran the ball 42 times against the Miami D, rushing for 213 yards and touchdown. With his effort, the game went into overtime. Thankfully, a 67 yard pass from Rodgers to Bennett sealed the OT win for Miami.

Bennett, right after his touchdown, looked to San Diego's sideline and did LT's signature football celebration. When asked about it in the interviews following the game, he stated, "I wanted to show that while they have one of the best players in the NFL, we have one of the best teams."

Final Score:
Dolphins: 23
Cardinals: 17

Passing:
Rodgers 86.8 QB Rating 2 TD 1 Int 333 yards 48 comp
Johnson 118.8 QB Rating 74 yards 100 comp

Rushing:
Turner 10 att 38 yards 3.8 av
Brown 4 att 12 yards 3.0 av
Rodgers 2 att 4 yards 2.0 av 1 TD

Receiving:
Bennett: 8 rec 166 yards 1 TD
Boldin: 2 rec 78 yards 1 TD
E Johnson: 5 rec 61 yards
J Johnson: 4 rec 48 yards
Peterson: 2 rec 41 yards

Blocking:
Scott 2sacks allowed

Defense:
Gooden 8 tackles
Suggs 8 tackles 1 INT
Hamlin 7 tackles
Campbell 5 tackles 2 TFL 1 Sack
Allen: 6 tackles
Porter: 3 Tackles 1 TFL 1 FF

In the locker room Buffkin held the game ball up high and the entire room became silent. "I am proud of you men," he said. "I wish I could give the ball to all of you. Each one of you deserves it in your own way. One man, however, won us the game today. Unexpectedly, from the moment he stepped into Miami, he has had a vibe and an energy that I have seen resonate on the rest of you. So young, but so talented. He won us this game, and honestly he has been a key to winning each other game this season. This man deserves all the credit in the world. Come up here, Earl!" Everyone applauds except for one man: Fellow rookie wide receiver Desean Jackson.

Injured since the Arizona game, he was supposed to be the shining piece in this passing attack. He was talked up a lot by Buffkin during training camp, and he believes he deserves the #2 spot. But by Bennett's remarkable play, he knows when he recovers that he will be #3 without question. Five weeks in, he has only had 3 receptions and 40 yards with two games of play. He must feel that without his injury early in game two, he would be in that spot. As the applause dies out, he shakes his head and is the first one out of the room once Buffkin finishes his final words.

Input: Bennett is being a complete beast. I knew he was good, but wow I'm glad he's on my team. At this rate, he will be offensive rookie of the year without competition. Rodgers was good, but the running game still seems unsatisfactory. It is the spread, afterall. I really want to use that talent, though.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
Rookie

Week Six:

It really is getting tiring watching the defense get run over game after game.

Matt Schaub barely had to do anything as RB Travis Henry ran 150 yards and scored 2 touchdowns with 30 attempts. Miami may have had a chance, too, if it weren't for a hard hit that bruised Rodgers' thigh, forcing Johnson into the game. In the last three minutes, down by three, Johnson started to drive the team down the field. momentum was theirs. Until, that is, he got sacked three plays in a row. After the game, Buffkin had few words. He went to check up on his quarterback's injury, and coming out he told me "You win some, you lose some."

Final Score:
Dolphins: 14
Texans: 17

Passing:
Rodgers 59.7 QB Rating 0 TD 0 Int 124 yards 40 comp
Johnson 113.1 QB Rating 74 yards 100 comp

Rushing:
Turner 15 att 68 yards 4.5 av
Brown 4 att 20 yards 5.0 av
Johnson: 8 att 37 yards 4.6 av 1 TD

Receiving:
Peterson: 6 rec 70 yards 1 TD
Ginn: 4 rec 57 yards
Brown: 4 rec 47 yards
Bennett: 2 rec 56 yards

Defense:
Law 8 tackles
Gooden 7 tackles
Allen 5 tackles
Campbell 4 tackles 3 TFL 1 Sack

Rodgers will be out next week. QB Josh Johnson will be starting against the Ravens at home next week. He can make plays, but this game has shown that he isn't ready to be a full starter yet. It will be interesting to see how this next game goes.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
MVP

Just my 2 cents-any QB who you expect to meet their potential will need to play every game to reach it. I've started Josh Johnson every game since I drafted him and he's now a 93 overall QB, +1 potential due to high production. His ability to scramble compensates for the INTs you see the first 2 seasons.

BTW-let me know if you have any luck with the option plays. I rarely see the Hammermill option, slot option, or any of the other option plays work. The QB always misses the handoff and runs with it. I might just delete them from the playbook-I still get 1000 yds rushing with Johnson from his scrambles.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »