Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #97
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Wall averaged 6.5 assists per game at UK, hardly a ball hog. I sort of agree about Goodwin, who is in fact leaving to the NBA, but I don't think he was just a ball hog for ball hogging purposes. For all intents and purposes, Goodwin and Noel were the only two that tried most of the season. Goodwin was very frustrating to watch, but his frustration was from trying too hard. With this past team, I can hardly blame him. As for chemistry next year, my only concern would be the chemistry between the new players and the old. But last year's team worked out pretty well so I can only think/hope it will be the same. The new guys are already bonding like crazy with each other and speak very highly of one another. Leadership will clearly come from Andrew Harrison and Julius Randle. Look for WCS to have some say in the matter, especially in the beginning of the season.
With Wall I'm still upset about the WVA game . Any who this team just didn't have that 2nd gear like we seen from B.Knight team or last year with AD.It seem like those guys where out there to play and not for each other.Where's our glue guy?Where's ae Liggins?Are MKG?I had high expectations for this year teams and they disappointed.

Next season we will see.I want us to get off to a slow start IMHO work out all the kinks etc.As UK fans we are spoiled but good comes with the bad we know will have those bumps in the road especially with our young players(B.Knight first 10 games etc).We will see I hope we do have a great year next season!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #98
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

It doesn't matter now since it's been years but them not having a great shooter killed them. That is why Cal wanted Meeks back.

Also this is a nice article on James Young: http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/201...een-a-wildcat/

I feel he is our most overlooked recruit (besides the 2 Kentucky boys) even though he is a top 10 guy, lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #99
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
It doesn't matter now since it's been years but them not having a great shooter killed them. That is why Cal wanted Meeks back.

Also this is a nice article on James Young: http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/201...een-a-wildcat/

I feel he is our most overlooked recruit (besides the 2 Kentucky boys) even though he is a top 10 guy, lol.
To be honest, as bad I as I want Wiggins, I am really ok if we don't get him because of Young. He is a starter on any team in America from day one and we have him potentially coming off the bench to Wiggins (if we get him). On top of that, he doesn't care and even said so recently. He wants Wiggins and knows he will come off the bench. A Top 10 player! Oh and by the way, he's a top 10 player in one of the most skilled/talented classes in recent memory.

But I still want Wiggins.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #100
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Quote:
To be honest, as bad I as I want Wiggins, I am really ok if we don't get him because of Young. He is a starter on any team in America from day one and we have him potentially coming off the bench to Wiggins (if we get him). On top of that, he doesn't care and even said so recently. He wants Wiggins and knows he will come off the bench. A Top 10 player! Oh and by the way, he's a top 10 player in one of the most skilled/talented classes in recent memory.

But I still want Wiggins.
I feel the same way. He honestly from the stuff I have seen impresses me more than Aaron Harrison as well. Him being unselfish saying he will come off the bench gladly makes me like him even more. He probably will be a one and done (despite being our 6th or 7th man LOL!) but I feel he is going to be awesome.
Honestly, if we get Wiggins our 2nd team would be top 10 in the country, that is awesome.
PG: Hawkins
SG: Young
SF: Poythress
PF: Lee/Wiltjer
C: Johnson
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #101
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Why this team is different than this past year's team:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...be-ranked-no-1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #102
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Why this team is different than this past year's team:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...be-ranked-no-1
There really is no plausible explanation on how you don't rank them number one. This team is loaded with talent

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #103
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Kentucky Recruiting
‏@RecruitKentucky
Was just told by two people Nerlens Noel is leaning towards coming back. I don't believe it for a second. But hey, if it happened? Wow.

Keith Jenkins @KJenkins_ESPN
Source tells me Andrew Wiggins, the No. 1 recruit in the 2013 ESPN 100, will commit to Florida State. Nothing official as of yet.

Keith Jenkins @KJenkins_ESPN
Source is "confident" in Andrew Wiggins' decision. Of course, nothing is official until Wiggins makes the formal announcement.

I've never heard of that guy ^, but as of now I don't believe either thing.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #104
All Star

redsrule's Arena

It hasn't happened yet (and it still might not) but it would be awesome if he eventually does commit:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »