Home

2011 Texas Longhorns

This is a discussion on 2011 Texas Longhorns within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #73
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2011 Texas Longhorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
If Mack wanted a 3 year commitment he should take 75% pay cut and give that extra money to his assistants. An extra million or so a year would help prevent them from running off to be a HC as some crappy school.

Baylor's D is terrible. Maybe Case has finally come around. I'm glad they get 9 days to rest up for Baylor.
I agree haha. Mack should take a pay cut after the last two years anyway.

Texas has just become that pit-stop on the road to coaching glory I guess. I really hope they can keep Diaz, but they've had a lot of turnover at DC and it hasnt mattered too much. The people in charge have been making great hires.

I agree that Baylor's D isnt great, specifically the rush defense. If Texas can get a couple of passes completed early I think they will be able to run very successfully. I am also glad that they get extra time to rest. I still dont think Case is good though, and that winning the tamu game in that fashion may be as close to Longhorn greatness as he will get. He just does so many things wrong it is frustrating to watch. Dont forget how terrible and anemic the offense was for the entire game besides that last drive. He is the best thing Texas has right now though, and I wont be rooting against him.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 12-01-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #74
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I actually enjoyed watching Texas boot A&M out of the Big 12 with a loss on Thursday.

Even a down Texas team is better than a supposedly good A&M team. "By A&M's standards."

I'm not sure why A&M thinks they are good enough to goto the SEC when they aren't even good enough to compete in the Big 12 south.

I want to say that A&M ranks 5th in the Big 12 south overall the past five seasons but I could be wrong. There were even a few years when Baylor was down and beat them.
Go read TexAgs, they've convinced themselves they have a NC caliber team, and its just the zebra keeping them down.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 12-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #75
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes
Go read TexAgs, they've convinced themselves they have a NC caliber team, and its just the zebra keeping them down.
Its one of the funniest sites on the internet right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #76
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Okay, so... are we all on the same page about Case McCoy now? He would have trouble starting for a good Texas HS team.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #77
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
Okay, so... are we all on the same page about Case McCoy now? He would have trouble starting for a good Texas HS team.
He played really really well for a quarter and a half...

Ok that's all I got.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #78
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
He played really really well for a quarter and a half...

Ok that's all I got.
Yea he looked great until he didnt lol. Props to RG3 though, he is really really good. He had plenty of short fields to work with too...

I want to believe that the coaches left Case in (after Ash was warming up) to shut him and his dad up. How could anyone whine or stick up for McCoy after that? Baylor's defense is pretty much the worst in the country, and he made them look like all-stars. What a joke. Horrible end to the regular season.

Couple of things... Why throw the ball like that right before half? Texas was getting the ball to start the 2nd half. I know BU's defense is bad, but it was taking a long time for Texas to get down the field anyway. Of course, if Case had any kind of arm a crappy Baylor DB wouldnt be able to jump a hitch route from 15yd off the WR either.

I hope this game ended the starting career of Case McCoy. That would be one of the only positives to take away from this game if true (hopefully it killed Manny Diaz's stock too ). As I've previously said, that scramble to beat AM will be the highlight of Case's time on the 40 acres. Not a bad legacy considering he shouldnt even make scout team. I wanted to believe too... but I think I've seen enough.

Cant wait for the bowl game. Sometimes Bowl games will give you a glimpse into next season and I am pumped for the next few seasons at Texas.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #79
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Yeah it was a very interesting game to watch, until I couldn't take it anymore and switched to something else in the 3rd quarter. I have a question for you though.

What in thew hell was the offensive coaching staff doing early in the game?

I think we can both agree that Case had a good 1st quarter. He actually looked pretty solid minus the one deep pass he clearly didn't have the arm strength to throw. What I don't understand is, why in the hell randomly start playing the rotate the QBs game? First drive they did it I believe the had to bring Case back in for a 3rd and long (maybe 3rd and goal > 5 yds), don't remember exactly.

I'm in no way defending how the kid played beyond the first quarter because he looked like garbage. What I am asking though is, when it's clear your guy has a hot hand, why in the hell start messing with things? I do think the rotating QB thing caused his level of play to go down slightly from where he started, not to the level that it got to though, as that just got pathetic.

RE: Diaz

One thing I learned from watching him at State, is they his defenses were very susceptible to the deep pass. <15 yards down field and they were always lights out. His system really seems predicated on getting pressure on the QB. If you can't get pressure or have a QB who can throw a ball 45 yards into a soda can ala RG3, even with pressure in his face, the defense isn't schemed to stop that.

I think this is going to hold true for any defense really predicated on pressuring the QB. I'm not sure it's the kind of system that would ever be ultra successful in the NFL because the level of QB play is so much better, but it works great against college QBs. Actually I take that back, if you have corners like the Jets, then maybe it would work in the NFL, but the rest of the league would be screwed

Also, glad to see we dodged each other in the bowl season, as we can continue to be civil until next year Excited to get a crack at OSU though.............../sarcasm

Good Luck vs Cal. I'll be interested to see how Diaz schemes against that Tedford Offense with Maynard at the helm. The kid is young, but seems to have a lot of potential from the two games I saw them this year. Should be a good game, but winnable for both teams.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #80
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

So, who's all tryna go to San Diego ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »