Home

2011 Texas Longhorns

This is a discussion on 2011 Texas Longhorns within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #65
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2011 Texas Longhorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut

On a second side note I wouldn't be surprised to see a Texas/Florida match-up somewhere in a bowl game. The amount of offensive ineptness would be unparalleled.
Sounds like a good game. Could be called the "Overpaid Coaches Bowl"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #66
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
Sounds like a good game. Could be called the "Overpaid Coaches Bowl"
Come on now. Mac may be losing it, but look at the staff he brought in for UT this year. One of the hottest young D-Coordinators in the country in Manny Diaz, and I believe your OC is the old OC for Boise?

I'm a big believer in partially judging a coach by their hired staff. I think what we are seeing more then anything today in college football is the lack of consistency in coaching staffs for 4 years of a college kid's career. It's something they talk about a lot in the NFL, but I feel doesn't get enough attention in the college game.

The national exposure of a great majority of the 120 FBS division schools has been great for us as fans, and even done a lot for smaller programs in getting recruits. At the same time though, it has turned coaching staffs upside down every few years.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #67
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

I agree w/ that and was just joking. Mack is getting paid a lot of $ per win though...

I love all the hires Mack made. Literally all of them and I cant wait to see what this team looks like in 2-3 years if the core group of these new coaches stick around. Texas shouldnt have to do that though. However, I can forgive Mack for a lot especially after the NC and NC appearance.

Deep down, I still may not ever be able to forgive him for Greg Davis. This may sound ridiculous to some, but I think his ghost still haunts the program/team. He saddled Harsin (OC) w/ a bunch of quitters at QB (and messed up on redshirting), left the WR/TE positions in shambles, and made a mess of the o-line. It cant be that hard to recruit/manage players at a school like Texas.

GD was Mack's boy. GD was under fire since he got on campus and Mack stuck up for him every year.

The QB situation seems to be the only thing holding Texas back from being a 9/10-win type of team.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 11-21-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #68
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Quote:
I think Texas ends up around 8-4.
Texas getting there...

Baylor's rush D is putrid. If Texas gets the ground game going, and keep RG3 off the field I think they have a good shot. Texas Defense is crazy-good right now. No one wants a piece of Diaz's boys.

8-4 would be pretty damn good considering the number of freshman starting and the fact that this team is sans-QB.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #69
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I actually enjoyed watching Texas boot A&M out of the Big 12 with a loss on Thursday.

Even a down Texas team is better than a supposedly good A&M team. "By A&M's standards."

I'm not sure why A&M thinks they are good enough to goto the SEC when they aren't even good enough to compete in the Big 12 south.

I want to say that A&M ranks 5th in the Big 12 south overall the past five seasons but I could be wrong. There were even a few years when Baylor was down and beat them.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 11-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #70
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Texas Defense is crazy-good right now. No one wants a piece of Diaz's boys.
I'm interested to see if Texas can retain him after this season or if he jumps ship again.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 11-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #71
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I actually enjoyed watching Texas boot A&M out of the Big 12 with a loss on Thursday.

Even a down Texas team is better than a supposedly good A&M team. "By A&M's standards."

I'm not sure why A&M thinks they are good enough to goto the SEC when they aren't even good enough to compete in the Big 12 south.

I want to say that A&M ranks 5th in the Big 12 south overall the past five seasons but I could be wrong. There were even a few years when Baylor was down and beat them.
You know I enjoyed it. The AM farewell tour is complete. I think everyone is just tired of their bs at this point.

Im pretty sure the only reason AM went is so the SEC could get a recruiting foothold in the state of Texas. AM just lifting the state's skirt so they can chant SEC! SEC! from their living rooms in the post season and say "at least we're in a tuffer conference than you sips durr" while thumbing their overall straps.

They are around .500 all-time in the Big12, and even Kansas put together a good season and BCS bowl in the Big12. Delusions of grandeur though... The SEC didnt invite them to come dominate, that is for sure. Id go as far as to say that the SEC got weaker/watered down by adding mizzou and tamu, and the big12 got stronger by replacing them with TCU and WVU lol

Quote:
I'm interested to see if Texas can retain him after this season or if he jumps ship again.
I sure hope he stays. Texas Defense has stayed pretty good throughout a bunch of coaching changes, but I really like Diaz so far. I hope he becomes the next "head coach in waiting" without "becoming" the next "head coach in waiting"

When Mack Brown made all these hires he said he asked each coach for a 3 year commitment, but thats not binding of course.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 11-29-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #72
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

If Mack wanted a 3 year commitment he should take 75% pay cut and give that extra money to his assistants. An extra million or so a year would help prevent them from running off to be a HC as some crappy school.

Baylor's D is terrible. Maybe Case has finally come around. I'm glad they get 9 days to rest up for Baylor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »