Home

2012 Ohio State Buckeyes

This is a discussion on 2012 Ohio State Buckeyes within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #33
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: 2012 Ohio State Buckeyes

Did something happen with Adam Bellamy?

Edit: Wow, how have I not been paying attention? He left on the 17th? Damn, didn't realize that.

Oh well, give us more of a chance to see Spence and Washington.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #34
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Did something happen with Adam Bellamy?

Edit: Wow, how have I not been paying attention? He left on the 17th? Damn, didn't realize that.

Oh well, give us more of a chance to see Spence and Washington.
Washington and Spence were pretty impressive with the little time they played on Saturday.
Chelsea FC
Old 09-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #35
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I can't wait to see how we do this weekend. Man I love college ball.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

- I think UCF is a much better team than many expected. They aren't world beaters, but they are a solid-to-good mid-major program that gave us a nice little test in this one.

- Braxton still has footwork issues from time to time, makes the wrong read, and occasionally gets lackadaisical with his passes, but the man is a Heisman candidate waiting to happen. He looks so much more comfortable in the offense this year, just have got to find a way to keep his carries down. He shouldn't be toting the rock 27 times a game.

- Just an interesting note: last year, our top receiver finished with 14 receptions. After two games, Philly Brown already has 13 receptions.

- Defensively, they are very good against the run. A 48 yard dash brought on by a terrible angle skewed the stats in this one, but they thoroughly bottled up their run game.

- As far as pass defense goes, they have a long ways to go. They did a great job forcing interceptions, but we struggle to generate pressure and give up way too many yards through the air. Frankly, I think a lot of falls on the defensive line. Our best pass rusher is Noah Spence, a freshman DE, and fellow frosh Adolphus Washington at DT is great as well, and they need to play more in passing situations as opposed to the defensive tackles playing at end.

- Someone has to step up at RB with Hyde and Hall both out now. Hopefully tht someone is Bri'onte Dunn. The staff has been waiting for him to assert himself, and now he gets the chance as a starter.

Overall, this team is about where I expected them to be at this point. Some good things, and other things that need to be hashed out. The offense should be pretty decent this year, and the real explosion should come next year with a year of experience under their belt. The defense just needs a few tweaks here and there and they are a NC caliber of defense.

I don't think there is a team on our schedule that we can't beat (I think Michigan State is our biggest test in 2 weeks). I also think there will be 1-2 games where we slip up and struggle. 9-3 or 10-2 is still my call for this year, however I do see the possibility for 12-0 provided things fall perfectly.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #37
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Braxton Miller worries me. He did not throw one ball on time (within the context of the offense). All his throws seemed to be after the play broke down and he was scrambling. I think he is struggling reading defenses. Also our defensive line is struggling getting a pass rush. I think Bennett and Williams coming back healthy will solve that. Simon is being double teamed and the other 3 lineman have to beat their man. Our running game is not going downhill. We seem to be attacking side to side. They should offset(diagonal) the HBs so they get more of a downhill start on their runs.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #38
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Big-time test this weekend against Michigan State, we're going to finally see what this team is made of.

Hopefully someone steps up as a playmaker outside of Braxton. As well, the defense has got to play a lot better to say the least, we're currently DEAD LAST in the B10 in defense. That's ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
Big-time test this weekend against Michigan State, we're going to finally see what this team is made of.

Hopefully someone steps up as a playmaker outside of Braxton. As well, the defense has got to play a lot better to say the least, we're currently DEAD LAST in the B10 in defense. That's ridiculous.
You don't have to play defense, just put 10 men in the Box, have 1 guard Sims and watch Maxwell and his merry bunch of receivers play hot potato with every ball. Feel free to snicker as the ball bounces of their chests, hands, helmet, facemask, knees, etc.

1st team to 10 points wins and I am pretty sure OSU will be there by halftime.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #40
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Great road win against Michigan State, that was a season defining game right there. Once again, Braxton is a little rough around the edges, but the kid balls out when the game is on the line.

As well, sophomore WR T.Y. Williams was dismissed from the team today for a violation of team rules.

Jordan Hall has a partially torn PCL, he's week-to-week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »