Home

Penn State Nittany Lions 2014

This is a discussion on Penn State Nittany Lions 2014 within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:51 AM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Penn State Nittany Lions 2014

At this point in the season, I expect us to finish 9-3.

Our offensive line is just as bad as I had expected and they're just not improving. I'm hopeful that Miles can make it back before the end of the year, however I don't want him to rush back and get seriously injured and cost himself a draft spot in the 2015 NFL Draft. Personally, selfishly, I hope he decides to sit the year out and file for a medical redshirt but it doesn't seem like that's what he wants to do.

To start the season, I had us as a worst case scenario 8-4, including losses to UCF, Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State.

Fortunately, we picked up one of those losses I expected from us to help us start 3-0.

However, if our only weakness continues to be as appalling as it has been, the three other games are going to be long, long nights.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

The O-line is just terrible. We should fare well in the next couple games against UMass and Northwestern, but after that we'll have problems. We'll get a bowl game for sure, but not convinced we'll win 9 games. I'd say 7, 8 at the most. The line is going to be exposed in Big Ten play.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

It looks like we're going to try and redshirt McSorley and O'Connor unless Hackenberg goes down with an injury. Crook is our 4th stringer and he got put in for "garbage" time today.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
MVP

bigbob's Arena

I may have to put our offensive line rank in the 120s. That first half was unacceptable.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #13
MVP

mjavon's Arena

You misspelled "the whole game"
Old 09-29-2014, 02:27 AM   #14
MVP

bigbob's Arena

They have Hack a little more time in the second half, just as they have every game this year. For whatever reason, they come out flat in the first, change something up at halftime and look a little better during the second half.

Regardless, this offensive line is why I expect us to lose to Michigan.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #15
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Disappointing last month or so for the Lions. Although our defense has been PHENOMINAL (1st in rush yards allowed per game and avg rush yards per attempt allowed). But the offense has to do better. Poor offensive line play is the root cause, but Hack has let that affect him and he's made some poor decisions as well. Hoping we et it right on the 27th against BC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Hack looks good so far *knocks on wood*. Liked the surprise inside kick call by Franklin even though it didn't work out.

Damn, BC just scored. #1 against the run huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »