Home

Penn State Nittany Lions 2014

This is a discussion on Penn State Nittany Lions 2014 within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Penn State Nittany Lions 2014

Football season is back guys! I am pretty excited for this year. I think coach Franklin will do a great job and I'm excited to see how Hack does now that he's had a full offseason to prepare!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Penn State Nittany Lions 2014

While it's still too early to tell, Geno and Hamilton are doing what they can to make us forget that we even lost Robinson. Unfortunately for both of them, they left two touchdowns off the board.

Hamilton got caught by the turf monster and Hack underthrew Geno on one play that had he thrown it out in front of him, it looks like it would've been another touchdown.

Our offensive line played as bad as expected and the running game suffered.

I expected us to go between 8-4 and 10-2, our losses possibly coming from UCF, Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State. So now, I'd say we're at at least 9-3.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Agreed. We really lost a lot on the line, and I'm crossing my fingers Hack doesn't get hurt. He looked good in the game against UCF, but made a few poor decisions. He needs to learn to throw the ball away. I also thought they needed to run the ball more to help fend off the pass rush. Hack got hit a lot.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Throwing my hat onto the Hack bandwagon before the rest of the country realizes how good this kid can be/is. Keeping an eye on Franklin and the Lions this year.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 09-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

We should roll Akron today, obviously. Half hoping to see that O'Conner kid can play QB when we get up enough. It'll be good to know what we have in the event Hack gets hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Put my game review in the week 2 discussion thread, but I still feel Hack is an elite QB, sadly I do not think PSU is a very good team as a whole this year. Not giving up on them, I just don't see a lot of raw talent there for Franklin to work with. #SanctionedLife
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 09-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
We should roll Akron today, obviously. Half hoping to see that O'Conner kid can play QB when we get up enough. It'll be good to know what we have in the event Hack gets hurt.
O'Conner is the third string quarterback, and I expect him to transfer before the start of next year. Trace McSorley beat him out during camp as the back-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
Put my game review in the week 2 discussion thread, but I still feel Hack is an elite QB, sadly I do not think PSU is a very good team as a whole this year. Not giving up on them, I just don't see a lot of raw talent there for Franklin to work with. #SanctionedLife
It was known going into the season that our offensive line was going to be bad. We have one returning starter in Donovan Smith since Miles Dieffenbach went down before the season started.

I'd say the only thing holding Penn State back from being a Top 10 team is the offensive line. The defense played a lot better than I expected, we have one of the top quarterbacks in the country and we have a good, young receiving core. Our running game unfortunately is suffering due to the offensive line.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I didn't realize O'Conner had been beaten out. Really psyched with the news today that we have our postseason eligibility reinstated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »