Home

Week 5 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 5 Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2023, 01:05 AM   #105
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Week 5 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Just LOVE that only about 58 people in the US have the ability to watch two top ten teams play.
This is admittedly why teams wanted out of the Pac-12 though.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2023, 08:42 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Auburn hasn’t had a 100-yard passing game against any of its last five P5 opponents? That’s almost impossible.
It's been bad but also kind of circumstantial due to the game plan developed by Cadillac Williams and Will Friend to close out the season last year.

Fast forward to this year and they missed on a few quarterbacks in the transfer portal so we land Payton Thorne and between him and Robbie Ashford's inability to throw the ball accurately, there's still not a QB on this roster capable of running the offense Hugh Freeze and Phillip Montgomery want to run. If Ashford could develop just the slightest bit he would be outstanding. Freeze made some adjustments this week that helped Payton Thorne out.. there were also several dropped/catchable balls vs Georgia. It's progressing but it's probably not going to be fixed by the end of this year.

I think it's interesting that Spencer Sanders chose a backup position at Ole Miss when he would have definitely won the starting job at Auburn. The QB room in Oxford seemed packed.. not sure what they sold him on but barring injury Dart is their guy.

I don't think some people realize just how bad the roster is/was. They did a good job in the transfer portal patching the roster to being serviceable but the quarterback position is still a problem.

Auburn's best position group is the defensive backs though which says a lot about Brock Bowers... he's a wild mismatch for even the best defenses if they can't get consistent pressure. What's surprising to me is Auburn has been able to run on teams this year with a good bit of consistency despite not being able to complete forward passes.

I laughed when everyone pitched a bitch about the illegal forward pass. Just let us have it man.. every pass feels illegal at this point.

Last edited by AUChase; 10-02-2023 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:20 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I watched some of the Cal game earlier in the season, but guess I wasn't paying enough attention because I didn't realize Auburn's offense was that heavily dependent on the run.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:42 PM   #108
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I laughed when everyone pitched a bitch about the illegal forward pass. Just let us have it man.. every pass feels illegal at this point.
We needed the call for player safety! Brock's back could have used a little less weight to carry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »