Home

Week 7 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 7 Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2023, 02:16 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Week 7 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Stanford won but really odd coaching there.really thought they should have gone for 2 after the 1st TD. Also I don't understand why they wouldn't keep running it for at least 2 more downs, especially with how CU didn't even seem to be trying in defense at that point. I'll take my chances with my guys holding onto the ball rather than ask my kicker to do a 30+ yard field goal on first down.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
The Mario Cristobal effect has coaches scared to run it even when they maybe should.

― Plato
Old 10-14-2023, 02:16 AM   #34
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

My guy has to be 10+ Keystones deep to be crying like that over this loss.
Old 10-14-2023, 02:17 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

I will say this you get all your money's worth watching Prime's Buffs. They are a beautiful disaster to watch.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2023, 02:21 AM   #36
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

That was easily one of the worst coached games I have ever seen in my life. CU had ZERO situational awareness and the coaches simply did not seem to be watching the field at all. I mean, three all-time examples:

1) CU has been getting completely torched in the second half, Stanford has 3rd and 7 in the red zone, fails to convert but gets a penalty. Rather than take 4th down and the likely FG attempt, they accept the penalty then COMMIT A POINTLESS DEAD BALL FOUL on the next play to wipe out a sack and give Stanford a free first down: Touchdown.

2) Travis Hunter comes back early from a long layoff due to an injury. They not only continued to play him on both sides of the ball, they seem completely oblivious to how badly he was getting cooked by Ayomanor. 300 YARDS! In OT, after easily 100+ snaps, he was STILL in single coverage on the guy! They even had Hunter playing special teams!!!

3) The clock management was fireable by itself, and that's twice now! Against USC they were running the ball up the middle for 2 yard gains down two scores while even the announcers were openly wondering wtf they were doing. Up 3 against Stanford they were snapping over and over with 20 seconds on the play clock. Sure enough they tie on the final play.

If Deion tries to blame anyone but himself this week, the man needs to be roasted like a turkey. That was a massive, massive coaching disaster.
Old 10-14-2023, 02:29 AM   #37
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

^ Not sure if my man Prime uttered one word all night into that gold-platted headset he was wearing, lol.

Agree with everything IlluminatusUIUC said + the penalties. I lost count of how many illegal substitution penalties they had in the second half.

Prime needs a game management coach, badly.
Old 10-14-2023, 03:49 AM   #38
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
4-2 is certainly better than anyone expected from Colorado at this point, but sheesh, this loss is BAD.
CU defense is atrocious.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 10-14-2023, 03:59 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Without watching the game, I figured this could be the outcome. It felt like the CSU game going in, where you can obviously tell they were looking ahead to the bye week and felt they expected to blowout the "inferior" opponent. To get outscored 36-7 in the second half is terrible, especially up 29-0 and 10 with 5 minutes to go. Just looking at the box score, still can't run the ball. I agree that Prime needs a game management coach badly. Up that much and with the new game clock rules, there's no excuse why you shouldn't try to bleed out the clock in the second half of the game.

At this point, they need this bye week coming up and to figure things out. This was a game they had to have and just had a terrible collapse. With the games on the other side of the bye, if they get to 6 wins, that's the best they can do.
Old 10-14-2023, 04:53 AM   #40
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

**** it looks like I missed a damn good one. I'll catch up in the morning. I paused it at halftime thinking "no way" lol. Guess I'll have something to watch for breakfast hahaha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »