Home

Boise State National champs 2009?

This is a discussion on Boise State National champs 2009? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #49
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Boise State National champs 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Okay I'm gonna quote my uncle when I told him about this conversation... "Why the hell would you waist time talkin to those BCS conference homer morons, they don't know anything about how good boise is." and I'm out. peace.
Allow me to quote myself when I thought about this conversation.

LOL @ the Boise State Homer.

I do feel bad for Oregon fans if this is how Boise State fans act. Irrational thought process is annoying.

Boise State is going to actually have to prove something to be the 2009 Champs. That means that they will have to have a better season than Utah last year, and that just isn't possible, unless Oregon is ranked in the top 5 when they play next year and Boise crushes them.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #50
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Florida is probably a little better than Idaho St
I know, that was just the first video on the list for Jeron Johnson
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #51
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm not exactly a homer, but I watch a hell of a lot of college football to understand what type of talent and depth a team would need to survive conferences such as the SEC, Big XII and Pac-10 (currently).

Boise is a great program right now. I just don't see them holding up over the course of 5-7 real conference battles every year. Just my opinion though.
Okay, in the SEC they would have 4 OOC games they would win. And yeah you probably are right somewhat about the depth but we wouldn't go 1-7 in conference I think they would probly go 4-4 in recent years but these next 2 year we will have great depth and a lot of talent so I would say 10-2 to 12-0. and If we were in the SEC we would have that type of talent more often because recruiting would be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #52
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Alright, obviously you, and your uncle, and everyone from Boise have it all figured out. Boise State is the best college football team in the land.Understood.

You do realize though that in the games against the two best teams on their schedule, (Oregon and TCU) Boise State gave up over 450 yards of offense? And Oregon didn't even really have a quarterback.
yeah TCU is a great team and Oregon got half those yards when we were in prevent D and I have no idea why every coach still uses that horible defense.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 AM   #53
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Sure does. I am waiting to see if he starts talking about the current clock rules in college football, as well as overtime. Then I know it's PSU_DW2.
I don't know who this guy is and its not me check my IP... I don't have anything to say about the clock but overtime in college football is way better than NFL and NFL should switch. If PSU stands for penn state then you can be confident its not me. I can't stand the Big Ten OVERRATED!...

I don't know what all the fuss is about I just posted a topic to see what people thought about my teams chances to get to the championship game. then I told you all why I think they are good enough. I mean come on, it's not like I'm saying Washington state is gonna win the NC next year. I don't see how asking other college football fans if a team that is a ussual top 20 team might have a chance at the NC. I'm not even they are going to win it, I'm just saying it could happen seeing as they are going to start somewhere around #10. Then I get people bashing my team, of course I'm going to defend them.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 27

Quote:
Okay, in the SEC they would have 4 OOC games they would win. And yeah you probably are right somewhat about the depth but we wouldn't go 1-7 in conference I think they would probly go 4-4 in recent years but these next 2 year we will have great depth and a lot of talent so I would say 10-2 to 12-0. and If we were in the SEC we would have that type of talent more often because recruiting would be better.
12-0? 12-0?!?!

Not even Florida went undefeated in the SEC this year. So you are saying that within the next two years Boise St. will be better than Florida was this year?

I don't think it is a question of if Boise St. played against someone in the SEC could they beat them....obviously Boise St. is a good team anybody can beat anybody on a given day (see Utah vs. Alabama). However, if you honestly believe that Boise St. could line up every week against the teams in the SEC and only come out with two losses then I just don't know what to tell you. In Boise St.'s case it is easy to look good, and perform well in your bowl game, when you consistently play against teams that are smaller and slower than you, but if Boise St. played in the SEC where everyone is just as fast as them and bigger I would have my doubts if Boise St. could even field a team (because they would be so decimated with injuries) by the end of the regular season (ok, probably a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point).

My point is this...it is easy for teams like Boise St. and Utah to look good in their bowl games because they simply don't face the same type of competition during their regular seasons.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #55
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbsinator
12-0? 12-0?!?!

Not even Florida went undefeated in the SEC this year. So you are saying that within the next two years Boise St. will be better than Florida was this year?

I don't think it is a question of if Boise St. played against someone in the SEC could they beat them....obviously Boise St. is a good team anybody can beat anybody on a given day (see Utah vs. Alabama). However, if you honestly believe that Boise St. could line up every week against the teams in the SEC and only come out with two losses then I just don't know what to tell you. In Boise St.'s case it is easy to look good, and perform well in your bowl game, when you consistently play against teams that are smaller and slower than you, but if Boise St. played in the SEC where everyone is just as fast as them and bigger I would have my doubts if Boise St. could even field a team (because they would be so decimated with injuries) by the end of the regular season (ok, probably a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point).

My point is this...it is easy for teams like Boise St. and Utah to look good in their bowl games because they simply don't face the same type of competition during their regular seasons.
I'm saying they have the talent and depth and a young enough team to go 8-0 in the SEC in 2010. It takes a lot to go undefeated though and they probly wouldnt but I'm just saying they've got the talent now.
And what the hell does "It's easy to look good in a bowl game" mean? Alabama was healthy to weren't they? Also, the MWC was easily the 3rd or 4th best conference this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
I'm saying they have the talent and depth and a young enough team to go 8-0 in the SEC in 2010. It takes a lot to go undefeated though and they probly wouldnt but I'm just saying they've got the talent now.
If Boise was in the SEC, their talent level would be between Vandy and Mistake for the 11-12 spot out of 13 teams. Boise's talent level can't even begin to compete with Florida, UGA, LSU, or what Alabama will have by 2010, and is a solid level below Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and USC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »