Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #7793
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarMVP
This is a great hire for Jackson State and the SWAC conference. Coach Prime hasn't even coached a game or landed a full recruiting class and the buzz and attention is all positive. It will be interesting to see who makes up his coaching staff. I'm pretty sure I heard Deion said the staff will have 84 years combined NFL playing experience in a recent interview. Jackson State usually has the highest attendance for home games for all HBCUs with 30k+ and it will be cool to see them sell out their stadium. I already have plans to attend a game in the spring 2021 or fall 2021 (if there is a season) just because I BELIEVE. haha.

I'm a big supporter of HBCUs in general (even though I didn't attend one) and I follow Grambling State, Jackson State, and Howard University for athletics the most.
You already know the Soul Bowl should be added to your list. Coach Prime/Jackson State vs Coach McNair/Alcorn State is going to be the most talked about game in the SWAC. I think this might be the last year Alcorn runs the conference. FAMU is going to come in strong and possibly take over.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #7794
All Star

OVR: 8

Hope he does well. I was always a fan of Primetime.

I think he could have a boost to recruiting, but I still have a hard time believing he will pull in any 5 stars. Maybe he can get one or two 4 stars, but that still seems like a stretch. If you have NFL aspirations, like I'm sure most 4* and up guys have, then it doesn't make sense to go somewhere that scouts will question your competition level, especially if you want to be a high draft pick.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #7795
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
It was Jamain Stephens from California University of Pennsylvania.

Although some sources are now saying it wasn't Covid. But there was (I believe) a QB at a different school that got it and now has heart problems.
Yeah I remember hearing about the QB

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 PM   #7796
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

7 game PAC-12 schedule starting in November...no room for cancellations before the championship. I assume an 8th game for everyone else the week of the championship like the Big 10 if they were actually doing that like I thought I read somewhere

Nevermind, I see the championship weekend is the 7th game. Basically a 6-game race to the conference championship with just one crossover game against the other division possible

Guessing they could have started a week earlier but Colorado can't practice for 2 weeks

Last edited by Tovarich; 09-24-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #7797
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Can't wait for our 0-7 season.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #7798
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

The return of Pac-12 football & basketball will, @_emcaron reports, secure most of $300M payout the Pac-12 was set to earn this year from long-term deals with ESPN & FOX. Also, interesting @LevAkabas chart below on Pac-12 schools' football money rankings. https://t.co/pz5i1DgteZ pic.twitter.com/KOzey5M6JC
— Michael McCann (@McCannSportsLaw) September 25, 2020
Old 09-27-2020, 04:36 AM   #7799
Rookie

CougarMVP's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
7 game PAC-12 schedule starting in November...no room for cancellations before the championship. I assume an 8th game for everyone else the week of the championship like the Big 10 if they were actually doing that like I thought I read somewhere

Nevermind, I see the championship weekend is the 7th game. Basically a 6-game race to the conference championship with just one crossover game against the other division possible

Guessing they could have started a week earlier but Colorado can't practice for 2 weeks
Nice to see another Pac-12 fan in here. Glad the Pac will be back and hopefully one of our teams can get into the college football playoffs but it will be touch.

I knew once the Big 10 said they would play this fall that the Pac-12 would be nice.
NBA: Seattle Supersonics (R.I.P)
MLS: Seattle Sounders
WNBA: Seattle Storm
NHL: Seattle Kraken
Other NCAA: Oklahoma Sooners, Fresno State Bulldogs
HBCU Sports Fan/Supporter
Old 09-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #7800
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Heh, Georgia State says they didn't need to cancel their game with Charlotte this weekend. All the tests were "not read correctly due to human error" whatever that means. I don't know how the tests work, but I would have thought a simple positive or negative is something we'd have achieved by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »