Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2020, 11:36 PM   #1369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This game owns my soul.

hi, i just got a copy of ch2k8 for the first time... any advices of how to set a good legacy???? i would like to be in the same program the whole ride... start with custom sliders or default difficulty? quarter length?

thanks.. every post on this thread is so inspiring... so cool.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:01 PM   #1370
MVP

OVR: 19

Bring Back CH2k.
14 years later and it still amazes me with what the developers did with 2k8.

My legacy season and the real life NCAA lined up this year. Its amazing how the selection show in 2k8 is still nearly identical to the real thing.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #1371
Rookie

Yeah, I'm still playing this game. Thank goodness I bought a backup copy years ago for $5.99 at Gamestop.

Nothing in any other sports game can compare to CH2k Legacy Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2022, 05:16 PM   #1372
MVP

OVR: 19

back to playing another season of CH2k8.
I like the way the game tracks historical and user records. I just looked at my career stats and records, and I have user records that are more than 10 years old, such as most points scored in a game. The most Ive ever scored in a game was 32 with my 5-star recruit back in Feb 2011.

Things like that make me smile.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:42 PM   #1373
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
back to playing another season of CH2k8.
I like the way the game tracks historical and user records. I just looked at my career stats and records, and I have user records that are more than 10 years old, such as most points scored in a game. The most Ive ever scored in a game was 32 with my 5-star recruit back in Feb 2011.

Things like that make me smile.
Still the best sports game ever made IMO. It will be an absolute shame if we do not see another installment of college basketball in a video game. Choops 2K8 is such a complete game and it is 15 years old. WILD
Old 11-16-2022, 09:46 AM   #1374
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I absolutely agree with you, AA. This game is just a blast to play. 2k is definitely going out with a bang if this is their last effort. I could see myself playing this game for 3 or 4 years into the future.
Or 12 years….
Old 11-21-2022, 11:54 AM   #1375
Rookie

fired up AA's sliders and a roster here for Xbox360, and played my first game right after playing NBA 2k23 on PS5. even without legacy mode, i would argue it stacks up pretty well against what is the best 2K game in 10 years. my xbl tells me i had played approximately 5 games on CH2k8 or something in 2008.... but i had no time for legacy back then and NBA 2K was *the* multiplayer game where i was. i suspect this wasn't nearly as arcadey as we were looking for at the time!

i played all time big ten against all time big east and lost the first half by 20 points. honestly... it was super refreshing. i can pick up any NBA 2k from the last fifteen years, and no matter what the sliders are i can score the exact same way down the baseline any moment. playing with 'house rules' is sort of dull in my opinion, and its easy to rationalize using that baseline trick when the RNG has decided its not your turn for a run. while i am sure i'll find cheesey stuff in this game, i only had success with patient ball movement and (shockingly good) post moves.in 2k, even in the good ones, the scores are kept low with unnatural steals/interceptions.... i got absolutely iced without turning the ball over in CH2k8. even my (very few) points were heavily contested.

once i get a hang of the player controls (i just figured out how to do a step back, working on crossovers) i'm going to start a legacy mode and try to play every game through all 40 years.

Last edited by mori_lucrum_; 11-21-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2023, 10:22 PM   #1376
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Just repurchased the game for $69.
Can't wait to jump back in

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »