Home

Is this game worth it?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth it? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is this game worth it?

Thanks guys....I plan on getting it now....MArch Madness is really getting me excited for playing a college hoops game again. I just downloaded the demo again and it seems good and I imagine the game itself is even better.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22steve
Thanks guys....I plan on getting it now....MArch Madness is really getting me excited for playing a college hoops game again. I just downloaded the demo again and it seems good and I imagine the game itself is even better.
If you have never played the full game before then the dynasty mode wll blow you away if you like that type of gaming
Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitfighter87
If you have never played the full game before then the dynasty mode wll blow you away if you like that type of gaming
Second that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitfighter87
3rd that.

Seriously, this game's dynasty mode is easily the deepest of any sports title I've ever played. There is SO much you can do. It's almost overwhelming. You don't even know where to begin. lol. Add in all of the shows(weekly wrap up, selection sunday, etc.) and you have one amazing dynasty mode.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow...Im gonna have to get this game, especially for the price.

One question I have for those who have played. Can you witness a CPU vs CPU game during franchise? Thx

joker
Old 03-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
Wow...Im gonna have to get this game, especially for the price.

One question I have for those who have played. Can you witness a CPU vs CPU game during franchise? Thx

joker
As in, randomly watch a game between two teams not your own? Pretty sure that's a 'no,' but haven't actually tried to; just can't imagine how you'd do that.

I think you can for your own games by not selecting a team. There are also a few interesting simulation options for games you don't want to play but also not surrender all control.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well...I was expecting to hear "no". I don't understand sport games these days not having this option if they keep crying "we're real sim". EA sports is notorious for claiming they are real sim, but yet only Madden has the option of watching two teams play during their franchise. I guess its near impossible for a game like 2k hoops to do it with so many teams.

Anyways its still worth a shot.

joker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
Well...I was expecting to hear "no". I don't understand sport games these days not having this option if they keep crying "we're real sim". EA sports is notorious for claiming they are real sim, but yet only Madden has the option of watching two teams play during their franchise. I guess its near impossible for a game like 2k hoops to do it with so many teams.

Anyways its still worth a shot.

joker
Oddly enough...I decided to load up an old franchise to see if there were a way to do it. I just went to a different team's schedule. you can select a game and simulate "through" that game day. When all the other games had been simmed I got

"UALR @ UL Lafayette
Choose Option

Simulate Game
Watch Game
Simulate All Games
Cancel"

So...looks like I was wrong. You totally can just watch other games in your dynasty. Who knew?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »