Home

Is this game worth it?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth it? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is this game worth it?

I love this game, this game actually does more than Live 10/NCAA 10. I had both NCAA 10/Live 10 and after my ncaa 10 season, you could not save the draft class nor were you able to import the draft class in Live 10 (unless there is a way and I do not know how to do it).

In CH2K8, you go through the great dynasty mode, then take the draft class and import it to NBA2K8. Plus going on 2Kshare and getting this seasons 09-10 roster and playing with it in CH2K8 dynasty mode. Its a great game one of the best basketball games I have ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #42
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
Reggie or anyone....

What is the deference between open and closed legacy?

joker
Nothing really

Career- you are forced to start off with a small school, you can create a coach from scratch, milestones

Open- you can choose any small school or power conf team(you still can work your way up to a power) freedom to edit any team, player or coach(ratings also; only before you start a legacy is when you caj change your coach ratings) you want, can watch or play any game outside of your schedule, coaching changes are still there; you cant create a coach, milestones(for legacy points) are gone..
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just spent a good portion of the weekend playing this game. What an unbelievable game. The legacy mode is insane. BY FAR!! the deepest franchise in all sports gaming. It is not even close. I can't believe I did not even give this game a sniff of a chance years ago, while still being brainwashed by EA's sorry efforts (if you want to call it that) at sports gaming. I really should have known better. What can I say. I hope not too many other peeps are being fooled still by EA. I have been playing March Madness/NCAA 10 for EA for years now. This game alone for 2k blows all of those games out combined.

The options are endless. I can recruit HS freshmen?? The 2k sharing is superb. This years rosters can be added. The game play is top notch. Real sim stats and scores on game play. The graphics are 2007-2008 graphics so thats okay. One lil gripe I have is the camera angles, though numerous, are not to my liking, but I am able to work around it.

If you have been brainwashed the past years by EA, like me, and have never played this game, snap out of it and make the $10 purchase of this game and have amazing fun.

Begs the question:
Will 2k ever do another CBB game? Is this a license issue just like EA and their football? If there is a thread to all this, please direct me. Thanks again to all who contributed to me waking up from my sports game grave and discovering this true gem. Best real sports game I have played in years.

joker

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »