Home

Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

This is a discussion on Interesting things that's happened in legacy. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #233
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

So I'm about to hit my 40th season in my legacy. And for the last few seasons I've been fascinated with the different coaches and the coaching carousel and whatnot. One of the things that always bothered me when looking at real life good coaches records is how choops fails to simulate a good/great coaches dominance. I'm currently going through the best CPU coaches right now and what I have found is what I would consider good/above average coaches have a win percentage around 60 and the great coaches are around 65-66% and this is with coaches with 300 or more wins. Which is pretty far off from great coaches like Brad Stevens, Coach K, etc.

Some people may not care too much about it, and I'm not sure if its even possible to correct, but it fits this thread and it just a thought I've had for a while.

Last edited by Brock; 01-19-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #234
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
So I'm about to hit my 40th season in my legacy. And for the last few seasons I've been fascinated with the different coaches and the coaching carousel and whatnot. One of the things that always bothered me when looking at real life good coaches records is his choops fails to simulate a good/great coaches dominance. I'm currently going through the best CPU coaches right now and what I have found is what I would consider good/above average coaches have a win percentage around 60 and the great coaches are around 65-66% and this is with coaches with 300 or more wins. Which is pretty far off from great coaches like Brad Stevens, Coach K, etc.

Some people may not care too much about it, and I'm not sure if its even possible to correct, but it fits this thread and it just a thought I've ha for a while.
Bothers me, too; I am sure you are not surprised.

My "fix" of sorts is to Sim the games that should not be competitive with Hoopcast. As a result, I have MUCH better NCAA and NIT fields during March Madness. This season, UW-Milwaukee is #21 with a roster rated around 87-89 overall, which would be a middle of the pack power conference team by rating. With the sim engine, this UWM team would have lost a few games in conference, taking the RPI into the 100s despite the team being clearly superior to its conference rivals. Air Force, Middle Tennessee State, Loyola-Marymount and Manhattan are all properly projected as at-large selections in my current season.

Because I started this sim house rule midway into legacy, cannot really say if it fixes the coaching records, but it has improved them.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #235
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPiper
Bothers me, too; I am sure you are not surprised.

My "fix" of sorts is to Sim the games that should not be competitive with Hoopcast. As a result, I have MUCH better NCAA and NIT fields during March Madness. This season, UW-Milwaukee is #21 with a roster rated around 87-89 overall, which would be a middle of the pack power conference team by rating. With the sim engine, this UWM team would have lost a few games in conference, taking the RPI into the 100s despite the team being clearly superior to its conference rivals. Air Force, Middle Tennessee State, Loyola-Marymount and Manhattan are all properly projected as at-large selections in my current season.

Because I started this sim house rule midway into legacy, cannot really say if it fixes the coaching records, but it has improved them.
One of the things I like about your sliders is that I felt like coaching and team management matters, and for the most part seems like smaller teams can actually dominate their conference. I remember this coach took over a Northeastern program that was pretty solid for its size, and I think his first or second season he went 31-2. And in his first 4 years I believe he won about 25 games a season. Probably the closest I've seen to what I was talking about. He is also one of the highest win percentage coaches as well.

Also, I also discovered another "feeder" coaching school. Indiana State. They went on a run a few years ago winning 25+ games in back to back seasons, that coach is currently the HC of UNC and is easily the best coach they've had in my legacy, including Roy Williams. Winning 20+ games in 2 or 3 of years he's been there, bringing in more *5 recruits than Roy ever did, and their actually ranked in the preseason... First time I've seen that in a while.

The second coach after him, is currently In his second year at Oklahoma where he led them into the national championship game in his first year... The first time they've been there in my dynasty.

Last edited by Brock; 01-19-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #236
MVP

I recently started playing again, and I had two things I've known but never mentioned. One is probably known, but recruits caliber/ranking can/do potentially change from year to year. I save each year my legacies and noticed that one of the one and dones was actually a 4* his junior year. Also the reason why you guys may not see big men at 5*/AA is probably because they drop down to 4* to make room for guards/wings.

Second one is a theory. Schools only hire coaches who are similar to the last coach or maybe the original one. So if there's a coach you feel should be a coach, write his profile down and change it to whatever the coach of the school you think he should get. (Haven't tested this out yet)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #237
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I simmed like 15 years or so and one year Houston won a title with guys exclusively from Houston or Texas in general. It was incredible. They were loaded and it was pretty cool to see a team made up of local talent.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #238
MVP

Here's an updated list of champions in my legacy, along with the amount of times a conference has won it:

2008- Clemson (me)
2009- Kansas
2010- Indiana
2011- Arizona
2012- Florida
2013- Florida
2014- Louisville (38-0, first and only undefeated team I've seen)
2015- Georgia Tech
2016- Iowa St.
2017- Oklahoma St.
2018- Duke
2019- Georgia Tech
2020- Indiana
2021- Louisville
2022- California
2023- Georgia Tech
2024- San Diego St.
2025- Florida
2026- Charlotte
2027- Arizona St.
2028- LSU
2029- LSU
2030- Virginia
2031- Kentucky (me)
2032- California
2033- Saint Louis
2034- Kansas St.
2035- Santa Clara
2036- Virginia
2037- Iowa St.
2038- Arizona
2039- Syracuse
2040- Georgia Tech
2041- Texas
2042- Kansas St.
2043- Kansas St.
2044- Virginia Tech

ACC: 9
BIG EAST: 3
BIG TEN: 2
PAC-10: 5
BIG 12: 8
WEST COAST: 1
Mountain West: 1
A-10: 2
SEC: 6

I also noticed something awhile back but never mentioned it here. There was a coach from Butler who left to go to another school, but returned back to Butler when he was fired. Has anyone ever seen that before? He's a pretty good recruiter, but Butler hasn't really performed well.

Also, I'm getting pretty close to the end of my legacy. To anyone that has completed it, does it end after the 39th or does it let you actually finish the 40th season?

Last edited by Brock; 03-13-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #239
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Interesting to see the A-10 become a de facto power conference in your legacy, as well. The same has happened in my legacy.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #240
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Interesting to see the A-10 become a de facto power conference in your legacy, as well. The same has happened in my legacy.
Yeah they're a major conference so it's bound to happen. Last year UMass had a great year and was a 1 seed that went to the final four, with no nba players.

The first year their conference won a title, they had 3 teams in the final four, two were legit and one was a 9 seed.

Last edited by Brock; 03-14-2018 at 11:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »