Home

Playstation Network and discussion

This is a discussion on Playstation Network and discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Playstation Network and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Honstly, I thought before playing the system I'd really miss the rumble, but I actually forgot it was even missing. So for me, it's a non-issue. I turned the rumble and all other aids off when pitching in MLB, so that's a non-issue as well for me.

There's no way I could play a shooter without the rumble. Just wouldn't cut it. IMO. Sports I could probably live with it but not "feeling" the gun of close explosions would make shooters blah for me.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
There's no way I could play a shooter without the rumble. Just wouldn't cut it. IMO. Sports I could probably live with it but not "feeling" the gun of close explosions would make shooters blah for me.
I seriously haven't noticed it missing in Resistance, hard to say why.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #27
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I seriously haven't noticed it missing in Resistance, hard to say why.
It hasn't bothered me with Resistance either.

Here's some info to creating an Asian account to download their demos.

1)Create a new user

2)Sign up to the playstation network again with a new email address.

3)Country: Hong Kong

4)Make it a master account.

5)Fill out the rest of the info.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #28
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
It hasn't bothered me with Resistance either.

Here's some info to creating an Asian account to download their demos.

1)Create a new user

2)Sign up to the playstation network again with a new email address.

3)Country: Hong Kong

4)Make it a master account.

5)Fill out the rest of the info.
Only things up that are of interest are the Ridge Racer 7 demo and Afrika trailer. A GT4 Nissan trailer went up in the last day or so.

I did that day one, create the other accounts, just to see if it would work since I did it for so long on the 360.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #29
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Thats the same way i feel..
Old 12-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 15

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162805...stnews;title;1

Here's what firmware version 1.30 fixes courtesy of Gamespot.com

PS3, PSP firmware updated
New patches bring system software for Sony's next-gen console to v1.30 and handheld to v3.02; PS3 patch changes default HDTV output resolution.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Dec 6, 2006 12:45 pm PT

Sony is making full use of its first "connected console," the PlayStation 3, by issuing firmware updates left and right. Late last night, the PS3 got its latest patch--this one updating the console's system to version 1.30.

Like the last patch, PS3 owners were simply notified of the patch by connecting to the PlayStation Network, not from any announcement from Sony. And, also like the previous patch, PS3 owners weren't informed of what the patch does.

Though Sony hasn't released information on the patch, several gamers have put their two cents in on the details of the update. Scouring message boards on the official PlayStation 3 site, v1.30 reportedly changes how the PS3 outputs its video to HDTVs.

GameSpot editors tested an updated console and found that the console will now output the highest resolution a gamers' monitor supports, regardless of what resolution the gamer prefers. For example, games that output natively at 1080p running on a monitor that supports a maximum of 1080i will be automatically be displayed at 1080i, not 720p as the gamer may prefer. Before updating to v1.30, the PS3 gave preference to 720p over 1080i.

In the previous example, disabling 1080i support to get native 1080p games to play at 720p works fine, but has an unwanted side effect. Disabling 1080i results in Blu-ray movies downscaling to 480p, as the PS3 does not yet support Blu-ray playback in 720p. While this isn't a problem for gamers with 1080p monitors, it does cause a bit of a predicament for those with HDTVs that don't support the high resolution.

The other major addition is a hard drive backup utility to transfer data from removable media to the console's hard drive.

The PlayStation Portable was also updated, bumping up to version 3.02. No information was given on the nature of this patch, but it appears to be only "security improvements" (i.e. anti-homebrew countermeasures).
Old 12-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #31
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162805...stnews;title;1

Here's what firmware version 1.30 fixes courtesy of Gamespot.com

PS3, PSP firmware updated
New patches bring system software for Sony's next-gen console to v1.30 and handheld to v3.02; PS3 patch changes default HDTV output resolution.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Dec 6, 2006 12:45 pm PT

Sony is making full use of its first "connected console," the PlayStation 3, by issuing firmware updates left and right. Late last night, the PS3 got its latest patch--this one updating the console's system to version 1.30.

Like the last patch, PS3 owners were simply notified of the patch by connecting to the PlayStation Network, not from any announcement from Sony. And, also like the previous patch, PS3 owners weren't informed of what the patch does.

Though Sony hasn't released information on the patch, several gamers have put their two cents in on the details of the update. Scouring message boards on the official PlayStation 3 site, v1.30 reportedly changes how the PS3 outputs its video to HDTVs.

GameSpot editors tested an updated console and found that the console will now output the highest resolution a gamers' monitor supports, regardless of what resolution the gamer prefers. For example, games that output natively at 1080p running on a monitor that supports a maximum of 1080i will be automatically be displayed at 1080i, not 720p as the gamer may prefer. Before updating to v1.30, the PS3 gave preference to 720p over 1080i.

In the previous example, disabling 1080i support to get native 1080p games to play at 720p works fine, but has an unwanted side effect. Disabling 1080i results in Blu-ray movies downscaling to 480p, as the PS3 does not yet support Blu-ray playback in 720p. While this isn't a problem for gamers with 1080p monitors, it does cause a bit of a predicament for those with HDTVs that don't support the high resolution.

The other major addition is a hard drive backup utility to transfer data from removable media to the console's hard drive.

The PlayStation Portable was also updated, bumping up to version 3.02. No information was given on the nature of this patch, but it appears to be only "security improvements" (i.e. anti-homebrew countermeasures).
Not really official info, as Gamespot got it from the same forums we got it from.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 26

Great deal for those with a PSP, and with classsics on the go in mind. Here's a $64.00 4gb pro duo, Just think of the size of the old PS1/PS2 games that can be played on the PSP, from Sony store.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...653&adid=17662
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »